Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Exsanguination by leg bending

It seems to me JtR knew that by cutting their throats while on the ground, all he had to do was bend their legs upwards to increase the flow of blood out the neck quicker (also by the hearts own pumping action) and therefore have less blood to deal with in his mutilation.
    Thats a new one on me.
    You must be referring to Chapman?, her legs were drawn up in the same fashion.

It was always my belief that if you stand close behind your victim strangling them until they loose consciousness, then lower their torso to the ground, laying their back flat out then the feet of the victim pretty well stay in place. Which means they bend from the knees, which is what we see with Chapman.

That was always my assumption.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Thats a new one on me.
      You must be referring to Chapman?, her legs were drawn up in the same fashion.

It was always my belief that if you stand close behind your victim strangling them until they loose consciousness, then lower their torso to the ground, laying their back flat out then the feet of the victim pretty well stay in place. Which means they bend from the knees, which is what we see with Chapman.

That was always my assumption.
      and not forgetting that with the knees bent up would be hard to effect the removal of organs from the abdomen !

Comment

• I don't see why Trevor.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don't see why Trevor.
          Well lets just leave it there shall we. There have been many arguments over the removal of the organs issue, and I don't want to become embroiled in these issues over all again.

However since you asked the question. For the answer, consider this if you went into hospital to have your appendix out they wouldn't position you on the operating table with both your knees up around your waist would they? The same would apply to a female having a hysterectomy.

I hope that explains my previous comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            Well lets just leave it there shall we.
            That much I agree with.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• With the murder of Catherine Eddowes, the catalogue of wounds is almost too many to contemplate. Yet, their very bloodiness causes many to overlook a vital detail. All these horrid mutilations were made after her death. The fatal and first wound was a pinhole made with a sharp pointed knife into the left carotid artery causing a haemorrhage. Her death was instantaneous. This suggests a precise killer rather than a clumsy butcher. This is also shown in the murder of Mary Kelly, the seeming practiced methodical way the organs were eviscerated, hidden by random finishing blows with the knife.
              Last edited by Richard Patterson; 12-27-2014, 06:42 AM.
              Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Comment

• All of the ripper's victims have their legs bent to some degree. Some more, some less. Their feet are sometimes flat on the ground. I always thought this was primarily a sexualized act but now I am not so sure. It seems that this is a deliberate way to get the bodies blood to the head, much like you would do long ago to someone in shock. Yes there are major veins that can be avoided during mutilation to release less blood but exsanguination is like emptying the body of all its blood and I don't believe he is just coincidentally adding gravitational forces to this MO.
                Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                  With the murder of Catherine Eddowes, the catalog of wounds is almost too many to contemplate. Yet, their very bloodiness causes many to overlook a vital detail. All these horrid mutilations were made after her death. The fatal and first wound was a pinhole made with a sharp pointed knife into the left carotid artery causing a haemorrhage. Her death was instantaneous. This suggests a precise killer rather than a clumsy butcher.
                  Someone who knew how to kill using a knife perhaps ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                    ...The fatal and first wound was a pinhole made with a sharp pointed knife into the left carotid artery causing a haemorrhage...
                    You will find the original inquest record uses the word "fine", not "pin".

"The caroted artery had a fine hole opening – The internal jugular vein was opened an inch and a half not divided."
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

When are you going to stop comparing the anatomy of animals to humans!
                      Reality doesn't jive with your pet theory, does it?
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Someone who knew how to kill using a knife perhaps ?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        Perhaps indeed.
                        Author of

Comment

You will find the original inquest record uses the word "fine", not "pin".

"The caroted artery had a fine hole opening – The internal jugular vein was opened an inch and a half not divided."
                          Thank you 'a fine hole opening'.
                          Author of

Comment

• I'm not at all suggesting the official version is always correct, but in this case you can't make a pin-hole with a knife.

I only mentioned it because someone did ask if this was an indication that she had been injected with something.
                            Last edited by Wickerman; 12-27-2014, 08:55 AM.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Well lets just leave it there shall we. There have been many arguments over the removal of the organs issue, and I don't want to become embroiled in these issues over all again.

However since you asked the question. For the answer, consider this if you went into hospital to have your appendix out they wouldn't position you on the operating table with both your knees up around your waist would they? The same would apply to a female having a hysterectomy.

I hope that explains my previous comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Actually the vast majority of women are in stirrups with their knees up and spread for a hysterectomy. Just saying.

I've given my opinion of the positioning of the legs any number of times. And I'm not under the impression that it bears repeating. But the position does not create any real problems with the removal of organs. It is incredibly uncomfortable for a woman to be in that position for any length of time, but that's not exactly a concern here.
                              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                                Reality doesn't jive with your pet theory, does it?
                                All I can say is that I am glad I am in the real world and not yours

Comment

Working...
                                X