Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vast

Hello Michael. Thanks.

Using your football analogy, yes, each game is different. But what would we think if a person who was right handed (and footed) suddenly switched? Some differences are to be expected; others, not.

Are the differences vast? Well, Polly and Annie are bruised about the face and strangled; no such signs thereafter. Polly and Annie have deep parallel cuts to the neck; others, not. The first two are described as skillfully mutilated; others, no such.

You make the call.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Nyet.

Hello Trevor.

"If it is suggested that the same killer killed Eddowes and Chapman. . ."

But whom would make THIS suggestion? Not I.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Pressure

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Jon. Thanks.

Close. If she is completely subdued, why so much pressure? One can steady another just by moving the head to the desired location.

Cheers.
        LC
        Excitement?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Jon. Thanks.

Close. If she is completely subdued, why so much pressure? One can steady another just by moving the head to the desired location.

Cheers.
          LC
          We are told she bit her tongue, perhaps due to the pressure applied by the killer to clamp her jaw shut while he sliced her throat? Possibly indicating she was still breathing, moaning, not completely unconscious?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Using your football analogy, yes, each game is different. But what would we think if a person who was right handed (and footed) suddenly switched? Some differences are to be expected; others, not.

Are the differences vast? Well, Polly and Annie are bruised about the face and strangled; no such signs thereafter. Polly and Annie have deep parallel cuts to the neck; others, not. The first two are described as skillfully mutilated; others, no such.
            Brown said that Eddowes killer had a great deal of anatomical knowledge and then said that he had a great deal of medical knowledge. This means to me that skill was involved. As far as Kelly, it was a pretty thorough job. I see no right-footed player becoming a leftie here. As I said before, tons of reasons for slight differences.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Hello Trevor.

"If it is suggested that the same killer killed Eddowes and Chapman. . ."

But whom would make THIS suggestion? Not I.

Cheers.
              LC
              Well all that facts surroundingthe murders of Eddowes Chapman and Nicholls all point to the same killer.

That could not have been Ischensmidt !!

Comment

Hello (again) Caroline. Thanks.

Well, you may be right. Perhaps we CAN look at a modern day phenomenon and do a backwards historical extrapolation--even though time is thought to be asynchronous.
                What 'modern day' phenomenon would that be, Lynn? When in history would you say the first case of serial murder (prior to the first usage of that term) happened?

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• You know the Y incision may not have been deliberate.

I mean, that whole opening cut is just a wreck. Clearly there were many stops and starts. He may have stabbed down and started to pull, but things got difficult for any number of reasons so he pulled the knife out and started again. It certainly is not a textbook Y incision, and judging by the stitches it was really so much of a Y. Slightly more like the top of a K, but reminiscent of a Norse rune.

It may have been deliberate, but I can see several arguments where it would not be. Sometimes luck can mimic skill.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

But ALWAYS those possibilities seem to focus on trying to explain away the vast differences between the first two and the last three. And yet I am supposed to be the one with an agenda?
                    No Lynn

That simply isn't true, what is being constantly pointed out to you is ALL the murders have similarities and differences between them. It is you who is trying to ignore the vast differences between Nichols and Chapman so you can create an artificial divide between those two and all the other murders, this appears to be your agenda.

Comment

• jest

Hello Gwyneth. Thanks.

Excitement? I await the punch line.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• blow

Hello Jon. Thanks.

it was also speculated, I think, that she could have received a blow.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• knowledge

Hello Michael. Thanks.

Here is what he said: "I believe the perpetrator of the act must have had considerable knowledge of the position of the organs in the abdominal cavity . . ."

That may or may not translate to skill.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• blinkers

Hello Trevor. Thanks.

For a chap who talks much about wearing blinkers . . . well, you get the idea.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Keeping one's Assyrian covered.

Hello Caroline. Thanks.

"What 'modern day' phenomenon would that be, Lynn?"

Whichever you care to discuss.

First serial killer? Hmm, not certain--but I'd venture Tiglath-pileser III.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• medicos

Hello Errata. Thanks.

Could be. I rely mostly on the medicos etc. who saw her wounds.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X