What's your profile for Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probability her killer was interrupted is stepping a bit over the line
    Really? who did Schwartz interrupt then - Not Jack but someone else was knocking poor Stride to the floor at the same time (within 10 minutes) in same spot outside Dutfields yard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
      There's a limited extent to which I am willing to defend the views of Lynn Cates, seeing as I don't actually agree with them. I merely happen to understand and respect them.
      Hi Damaso. I didn't know that's what you were doing. Lynn's pretty good at defending his own views.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Boggles View Post
        Really? who did Schwartz interrupt then - Not Jack but someone else was knocking poor Stride to the floor at the same time (within 10 minutes) in same spot outside Dutfields yard?
        Schwartz didn't interrupt anything. He was on the scene before BS Man and Stride even met. Stride's murder must have occurred after he fled the scene and possibly as much as 15 minutes later.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Schwartz didn't interrupt anything. He was on the scene before BS Man and Stride even met.
          Are you sure about that, Tom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
            Good point. Ripper man may have actually been interrupted by 3 jews that night: Schwartz, diemshitz and Lawendes group.
            Which may have been the impetus for the GSG.

Comment

Schwartz didn't interrupt anything. He was on the scene before BS Man and Stride even met.
              I thought BS man was the tipsy man followed down Berner Street by Schwartz?

Comment

• BS man was the tipsy man, but as Tom says Schwartz was there or there abouts before the alleged incident between the BS man and the woman, supposedly Stride.
                If the Ripper was disturbed by Schwartz and Dimschitz then he hung around quite a while and didn't do much damage to his victim, compared to the other cases anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                  I'm sure of what Swanson reported. If that's wrong, then I imagine Schwartz was lying. And if he's lying then everything he said is in doubt. So, if we're operating from the premise that he's telling the truth, then yes, Schwarz saw BS Man before BS Man saw Stride. But Schwartz did not interrupt BS Man after Stride's throat had been cut.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I would agree with that except I would strike the word 'remote', since it's not more remote than any other possibility, and certainly less remote than some. But I agree that to say it's a probability her killer was interrupted is stepping a bit over the line since no one seems to have seen a man fleeing from the passageway post-murder.

It seems Damaso is ignoring my responses to him.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    I can live with that revision Tom. Cheers
                    Michael Richards

Comment

• White male.
                      30-45.
                      Separated or divorced from spouse.
                      Lived and worked in the area. (If he held a job at all)
                      Right-handed.
                      Nothing remarkable about his appearance.
                      No medical/anatomical knowledge.
                      Average intelligence. (Was literate, if only marginal)
                      May have wanted to be a cop at one point.

You're looking for a loser. A man who desired success among his peers but who was only ridiculed most of the time. Harbored a secret "I'll show them" attitude. Severe intimacy issues. Ex-lover pitied him and possibly gave him some form of support after their split. He was intimidated by women who had a strong personality because he dealt with alpha males on a regular basis. Obviously not the sharp-dressed criminal genius who fooled better, smarter men. And definitely not an eccentric artist who murdered women when he was bored.

He never communicated with his pursuers but he did pay attention to what "they" were saying about him and enjoyed it immensely. He got the recognition he so desired and all because of luck. He was perhaps the luckiest murderer in history.

Comment

• I saw this article, taken from a book in 1883. It made me consider what the mindset of men in the late 1800s was of women, and how Jack had this as his own outlook. He after all enlarged on it.

It's important to slip into that mindset to envision at the very least, the starting point, as I'm sure you all know. But reading this article made my skin crawl to think of those times.

Last edited by Beowulf; 05-14-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Out of the many documentaries, I think this one got it right for me personally (i forget the name of it for now). Nothing decidedly abnormal with him, maybe a little quiet, but not the top hat caped surgeon the general public think of when Jack is mentioned. This to me is JTR

Comment

• Originally posted by Prot View Post
                            Nothing decidedly abnormal with him...
                            Are you sure you donīt want to rephrase that?

The best,
                            Fisherman
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 06-17-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Nuts.

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                                Nuts.

Mike
                                Well, to be fair, I think Prot was speaking of the surface appearance of our man - but it did come across as slightly odd ...

All the best,
                                Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                                X