The locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post

So, Londoners, what, generally, do the locations mean to people?
    If one doesnt read the very first post one could never know what the thread was about by reading the last. A truism of Ripperology.

To my eye Rivkah, the locations reveal only that because the killings took place in such a confined location, (less than 1 sq mile), the killer(s) must have known the streets, and therefore, was(were) probably a local(s). Which means he(they) stayed in the area after killing. I think the placement of the apron section and graffito demonstrate that local knowledge idea,... leaving a message concerning Jews at a location where over 90% of the residents were Jewish. Some might say there were Jewish enclaves all around the area...true...but the writer knew that the Model Homes off Goulston were one of them. Hey..he may have even known of a Berner Street Jewish Mens club connection at that address.

I think the exception may be Millers Court....I dont think that man stayed in the area after he killed.

But the small geographical dot that contains all the murder sites does seem to indicate to me that these werent Victorian Commuter killings.

Best regards
    Michael Richards

Comment

I agree with 80% of what you say, Michael. But not about the GSG - there is NO evidence I am aware of that the writing is connected to the murders in any way.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Roberts View Post
        "[apologies for losing track of attribution; I hope it's right now]"

Kudos for making the effort! But, you effectively have Eccles quoting me. Once you master the technique, your quotes will be very easy for readers to track, unlike those of other posters that can't be bothered to learn how to use the quote function at all.
        Feh. I was racing against the clock. There's only so much time to get the correction in, and then, I had to pick up my son at a place all the way across town (probably near Baumeister's old store, but I didn't have time to look it up). It was better than my first edit, where I ended up quoting a mysterious poster named "DarkRed."

I almost said "place in the universe," rather than "stratosphere," until I realized that someone was bound to point out that any place outside the earth's atmosphere wouldn't be a fixed point, but in some kind of orbit, and therefore varying its relative location. Some people have no sense of humor.

Gah! did it again! I'll fix it....

Comment

Working...
        X