Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do post mortem mutilators typically communicate with the police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    Anyway, I think it's completely plausible that Chapman, Stride and Eddowes didn't have sex (consensual or otherwise) with anyone within a good stretch of time prior to their deaths, time enough to say there was no evidence of "recent" activity.
    My only quarrel with that is that labial and vaginal tearing (which every woman experiences at some point) and not exactly quick healing. It's like getting a cut on a knuckle, the constant movement in those areas keeps them open for awhile. Walking around aggravates it. Keeps it from sealing. And it's an injury that occurs literally at least once a night for a working prostitute. So even today these things are listed amongst injuries possibly related to murder (or whatever crime) because even today doctor's cannot judge those injuries in terms of hours. Only days.

So while the doctors may have been reasonably sure those injuries were not caused by the murderer, and they could reasonably assume that those injuries were picked up earlier in the night, and they may have been absolutely correct, they couldn't prove it. It should have been listed among the injuries. They don't get to decide what injuries don't go on that report. And on some reports, bruises and injuries that were established as clearly being days old were still listed. So why not this?
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Were they belongings she had with her the night she was killed, or could they have been obtained some other time?
      The items were things she'd have had in her purse - Birth certificate (she was charged once with underage drinking, I see the logic in her carrying this), address book, and sundry things she would not be without (the clipping of her ex-fiance's obit, always with her), plus the claim check for the luggage she'd stowed at the bus station the day she vanished. And the parcel was wiped down with petrol to destroy any prints (kind of thing your average yob would not think to do..). So yeah, pretty sure the parcel was genuinely from the killer. Might not be - BUT. It's pretty likely.

That is not the same as taunting. Some criminals have done this in order to track the investigation.
      Yup. But that in itself is a kind of taunting, superiority kind of thing going on... I mean, to sit among the cops themselves after the very murder they'd be discussing that day had to give him a boner of some sort, eh.

That he was capable of taunting is clear in the incident with Ressler at the prison, where Ressler was locked in an interview with him alone for a while, and Kemper took delight in giving him the "I could kill you if I wanted" heebies.

But yup, Kemper's not really on the same level as the likes of the Dahlia killer and Albert Fish (who wrote taunting letters to the parents of a child he cut up and ate portions of..) and the like.

Mutilators are rare birds in themselves and the fact that that I can name, without thinking too hard about it, several who've done stuff to taunt police or victims, pretty much says to me - it's not unusual behaviour for mutilators to communicate with police, or victims, or the media...
      Last edited by Ausgirl; 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        And it's an injury that occurs literally at least once a night for a working prostitute.
        Maybe in the days before lube...

Not that I'm any kind of expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
          Maybe in the days before lube...

Not that I'm any kind of expert.
          Yeah, but also during the arousal phase the labia engorges and the vagina opens up. Lube can only take you so far.
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Well. I trotted down to the local brothel for an interview with a couple of the workers in between clients (yes, they thought I was a bit odd doing this, and it did take some explaining.. ). I asked about vaginal tearing and such, and they had a bit of a laugh, being that if this was the case they'd not be working very often.

One suggested it might happen after a dozen clients in a row, though. But that would be an astoundingly busy day (as they generally try to book hours there). Alternately, it might happen if someone got one or more of those blokes who go and go and never .. yeah, do the opposite of go, being drunk or on amphetamines of some sort or just a goer. And the lube dried up.

I asked if no condom or lube at all would make a difference, and I got some rather appalled looks at that.. But yes, they supposed it would make a big difference, particularly on a busy day. Also, servicing clients standing up might contribute to a sore vag in those conditions for several reasons I don't really wish to go into.

ANYway. Horse's mouth, there we have it.

Brothels, if you've never been in one, apparently resemble a dentist's office frocked up for Mardi Gras. At least, in the waiting area.

Comment

I feel I ought to add, this place is somewhere I pass by now and then, so popping in wasn't a special trip or anything. I'm not quite that dotty yet.

Comment

Working...
              X