X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astatine211
    replied
    Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

Today if that were a thing we'd trace the manufacturer of the boots to the areas sold and all that ...but that's today...but still a nice clue
    Maybe Jack had already been provided a pair by the police for his duties. The only person who was witnessed possibly heading towards Nichols murder site before Lechmere was an unidentified constable. Both Chapman's and Strides murder occurred when the police were rotating shifts and there's the case of an unnamed policeman who refused to arrest a highly promising potential suspect right outside MJK house.

Leave a comment:

• clark2710
    replied
    Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
    Transcript of letter to Charles Warren re: Silent Shoe trials. Apparently they were successfully quiet but terrible in the rain!
    Today if that were a thing we'd trace the manufacturer of the boots to the areas sold and all that ...but that's today...but still a nice clue

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied
    Transcript of letter to Charles Warren re: Silent Shoe trials. Apparently they were successfully quiet but terrible in the rain!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied
    Silent shoes or noiseless boots.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• clark2710
    started a topic So Quiet

So Quiet

All day I came up with the same question. I've asked and commented, this will make 3 times, and I would very much like anyone from a newbie Ripperologist to a Senior one that knows so damn much you may as well have been a witness ....in the case with Eddowes, she was killed in Mitre Square, there was a night watchman there that basically challenged that if the butcher came to his square he'd show him what for. The Ripper came, did his business, and left. He wasn't seen, he wasn't heard, seeing a recently posted pic of mitre square of the time, you see all these windows...no one sees anything. With Mary Kelly, the man spent some serious time with Kelly, having his way, in a flat that Kelly's neighbor upstairs said that she could hear Kelly walking around. Yet the Ripper could waltz in, do his thing, and leave; not a sound. How? There was a hole in Kelly's window for crying out loud.....not a sound. Can you seriously do all that without making noise? Am I naive on this?
Working...
X