Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    Hi Monty,

Was the order given that all the beats should be worked left-handed or was it just a select few?

Regards, Bridewell.
    I do not know. It would have been easier to make the call at muster, in front of all Beat PCs Colin, so Id say the chances are all of them were told to reverse.

However we do not know that.

She wouldnt have know that Phil, asleep or awake. The cells were quite seperate from the station itself, with thick re-inforced walls. They may have mustered in the yard however due to its location near the cells, I do not think such information would have been stated there.

Yard = Red
    Cells = Green

Monty
    Attached Files
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Phil,

Shame, you didnt manage to draw me on that in the direction you hoped for. Shame.

Are you quite compos mentis this evening?

And, as far as books go, Rob Clack's brilliant suggestion about laundry is a direction you might profitably pursue.

Don.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hello Rob,

The risk isnt how he gets out, primarily whilst he is there it is chance against who comes in.
        Am so glad you mentioned sound- because if the killer is able to hear footsteps, then the nightwatchman missed TWO sets of them- in company- one of a woman wearing heavy men's boots. Ever heard two 'lovers' walking into a secluded and surrounded spot that is compacj and surrounded by brick walls and buildings? They tend to talk and laugh. Feet scrape. Missed steps and half stumbles. The squase was enclosed by high buildings and a wall. Archways out of entrances. One allewway perhaps 15 secs long to walk down. Also enclosed.

The nightwatchman opened a door possibly whilst the killer was at work. He may not have seen the light emitted but I submit that he (the killer) HEARD the door being opened. They werent silent in those days, and the nightwatchman had no reason to open it carefully in silence either.

Every second the killer was there the time and surroundings provided an increase in risk.

'In my book' was a response to Dave. Why don't you try taking the mickey out of him whilst you are trying to be funny? The attempt only reflects upon you Rob., I suggest we stick to the subject eh?

Best wishes

Phil
        Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM.
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Supe View Post
          Phil,

Shame, you didnt manage to draw me on that in the direction you hoped for. Shame.

Are you quite compos mentis this evening?

And, as far as books go, Rob Clack's brilliant suggestion about laundry is a direction you might profitably pursue.

Don.
          Hello Don,

You have previously tried to get me to say tha Halse was the accomplice. I have stated that had Halse NOT been a policeman he would have been ideally situated both time and in terms of being the only known person known to have been at the locations in order to have taken and placed the apron piece. THAT is the direction you have previously tried to get me to expand upon, as it would allow you to defend Halse as you did in your article. I wont expand upon it as it was only an observation.

As far as your last comment is concerned, jumping on the back of other people's attempted witticisms shows your intent- which is treated with the contempt it dererves. I respectfully suggest you refrain from further pointed personal comment. Thank you.

Best wishes

Phil
          Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM.
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Monty,

Thank you for the reply. Would you kindly tell me who first suggested that Eddowes may have known the police beats and on what basis? I am afraid I cannot remember. Thank you.

Best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hello Rob,

The risk isnt how he gets out, primarily whilst he is there it is chance against who comes in.
              Am so glad you mentioned sound- because if the killer is able to hear footsteps, then the nightwatchman missed TWO sets of them- in company- one of a woman wearing heavy men's boots. Ever heard two 'lovers' walking into a secluded and surrounded spot that is compacj and surrounded by brick walls and buildings? They tend to talk and laugh. Feet scrape. Missed steps and half stumbles. The squase was enclosed by high buildings and a wall. Archways out of entrances. One allewway perhaps 15 secs long to walk down. Also enclosed.

The nightwatchman opened a door possibly whilst the killer was at work. He may not have seen the light emitted but I submit that he HEARD the door being opened. They werent silent in those days, and the nightwatchman had no reason to open it carefully in silence either.

Every secound the killer was there the time and surroundings provided an increase in risk.
              So what's your point? Every post of yours is exactly the same. You talk a lot but you don't say anything. The FACT is Jack was there, he murdered and mutilated Catherine Eddowes and walked away with her left kidney,uterus and part of her apron. It might not sit right with you but that's what happened. It's not complicated it's perfectly simple. Trying to make an issue or conspiracy out of something so simple doesn't do you any favours. Instead of acting as if there is something dark and sinister in every corner, perhaps you should try and make a contribution to case, because at the moment you are your conspiracy nut friends are dragging it back to the dark ages.

I take it you were in Mitre Square the other day, thankfully it wasn't the weather for showing off your knobbly knees. I bet you didn't go up to the London Hospital Museum did you?

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              'In my book' was a response to Dave. Why don't you try taking the mickey out of him whilst you are trying to be funny? The attempt only reflects upon you Rob., I suggest we stick to the subject eh?

Best wishes

Phil
              Well Don liked it. And we'll do.

Rob

Comment

No idea Phil, I cannot recall just now.

I can recall that Halse was deep in the bowels of Kearley & Tonge up until moments before Watkins arrived. He opened the door slightly and started sweeping the stairs. So any sound would not have been that strong to him. And if he did hear it, the square is a public thoroughfare, would he have paid a mass amount of attention when he had chores to do?

Monty

PS Of course I mean Morris. Long day.
                Last edited by Monty; 07-09-2012, 07:27 PM.
                Monty

Comment

Hi Rob,

"The fact is Jack was there, he murdered and mutilated Catherine Eddowes and walked away with her left kidney, uterus and part of her apron."

What fact?

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Phil,
                    I respectfully suggest you refrain from further pointed personal comment. Thank you.

Hey, it was a funny line, for which Rob deserves credit. What I did take you to task for, and which you have not addressed, is your creating false arguments to bolster your contentions (e.g. positing Jack as a Moriarty-like super-criminal who could not be foolish enough as to take an incriminating piece of the apron with him).

Another example would be: I have stated that had Halse NOT been a policeman he would have been ideally situated both time and in terms of being the only known person known to have been at the locations in order to have taken and placed the apron piece.

Since Halse was a policeman your observation is pointless and as irrelevant as someone suggesting "Hey dude, you know if Napoleon had a squadron of attack helicopters at Waterloo he'd have whipped Wellington's butt."

You have previously tried to get me to say tha Halse was the accomplice.

Do understand, Phil, I don't care what you say. I can't speak for the field, but i will say that a disproportionate number of Ripperologists with whom I have had correspondence the past year echo my sentiments.

Don.
                    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      Hi Rob,

"The fact is Jack was there, he murdered and mutilated Catherine Eddowes and walked away with her left kidney, uterus and part of her apron."

What fact?

Regards,

Simon
                      The fact is Jack was there unless your suggesting Catherine Eddowes committed suicide.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                        So what's your point? Every post of yours is exactly the same. You talk a lot but you don't say anything. The FACT is Jack was there, he murdered and mutilated Catherine Eddowes and walked away with her left kidney,uterus and part of her apron. It might not sit right with you but that's what happened. It's not complicated it's perfectly simple. Trying to make an issue or conspiracy out of something so simple doesn't do you any favours. Instead of acting as if there is something dark and sinister in every corner, perhaps you should try and make a contribution to case, because at the moment you are your conspiracy nut friends are dragging it back to the dark ages.

I take it you were in Mitre Square the other day, thankfully it wasn't the weather for showing off your knobbly knees. I bet you didn't go up to the London Hospital Museum did you?

Well Don liked it. And we'll do.

Rob
                        Hello Rob,

Yes, I was in Mitre Square last week. Met a fine Ripperologist afterwards too. Passed on a snippet of gained info to him too that may turn out to be of help to all with luck.

The London Hospital Museum reference I do not understand. Do please enlighten the community as to why I should have been there?

If this is 'simple' then no doubt you will have answers to all the anomelies to give us?

Best wishes

Phil
                        Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM.
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Supe,

Just to level the playing field, a growing number of researchers with whom I am having correspondence are not echoing your sentiments.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Morris?

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            No idea Phil, I cannot recall just now.

I can recall that Halse was deep in the bowels of Kearley & Tonge up until moments before Watkins arrived. He opened the door slightly and started sweeping the stairs. So any sound would not have been that strong to him. And if he did hear it, the square is a public thoroughfare, would he have paid a mass amount of attention when he had chores to do?
                            Monty
                            Hi Monty,

Isn't that George Morris, not Dc Halse? Interesting that he said he usually heard the footsteps of the patrolling policeman every 15 minutes but, on the night in question, heard nothing until Watkins went to him for help. Why did he not hear Watkins on his earlier circuits?

Regards, Bridewell.
                            Last edited by Bridewell; 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM. Reason: Correct spelling error
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                              Hi Monty,

Isn't that George Morris, not Dc Halse? Interesting that he said he usually heard the footsteps of the patrolling policeman every 15 minutes but, on the night in question, heard nothing until Watkins went to him for help. Why did he not hear Watkins on his earlier circuits?

Regards, Bridewell.
                              Yes Colin, that's why I corrected it.

Usually isn't always.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

Hi Rob,

"The fact is Jack was there unless your suggesting Catherine Eddowes committed suicide."

Now you're just stamping your foot.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X