Faecal matter on apron piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Maria

Yes at £113 I'd have (regretfully) had to do that...but for a tenner I'll just buy the book...To be honest, if it had still been in print, I'd've gone for a new copy anyway as I have over the years for many others...for obvious reasons...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• money

Hello Dave. Thanks. Given your pecuniary remarks, do I understand another Scots lad? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Hello Dave,

Porter's 'Vigilance' is one of the books I have for sale- have a look through the list and see if there is anything you need (on the 'books' thread)

best wishes

Phil (shamelessly plugging his book collection sale)
        Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-24-2012, 11:24 PM.
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

• He He Lynn, in that case, I should have been a Scot (lassie) too! (Like Lassie the dog.)
          Lynn, I've got stuff to email you, but I need to get rid of the fever first, take care of some things, and finish researching something. Couple days.

Hello Phil. Could you direct me to the thread pertaining to your books' sale?
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

• Hello Maria,

Go to 'Books' 'Non-fiction' 'book collection for sale' thread

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hello Dave. Thanks. Given your pecuniary remarks, do I understand another Scots lad? (heh-heh)
              Hi Lynn

Family legend on my fathers side says there's some McGregor in there somewhere, but I've gone back on that side to 1770 or thereabouts and there's no trace whatsoever of anything except Sussex yeomen (We wunt be druv!)...On t'other side it's 100% all London/London Irish as far back as I can go so far (gertcha!)...

As a matter of interest, Scottish ancestry or not, would YOU have paid $175 for that particular book, or rather adopted maria's solution?

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                As a matter of interest, Scottish ancestry or not, would YOU have paid $175 for that particular book, or rather adopted maria's solution?
                Lynn, adopt Maria's solution. Or better yet, adopt Maria, and be covering for ALL my expenses from now on. Looking around for a sugar daddy.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

• head of the table

Hello Dave. Thanks. McGregor? At what part of the table do you sit to eat? (heh-heh)

$175? No, I just found some corn pads so now I have a different purchase to make.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• food

Hello Maria. Thanks. Feed you on neeps and tatties. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      Hi Paul,

Historians usually insist on a fairly bullet-proof set of reasons for giving a higher priority to one source over another.

But in the matter of JtR those bullet-proof reasons remain elusive.

Regards,

Simon
                      Absolutely Correct Simon, The Fat Lady has most definitely not warbled her aria to bring finality to this monstrous goose chase.

Sorry....I miss AP's eloquence.

My best regards,

Mike R
                      Michael Richards

Comment

• Thanks. McGregor? At what part of the table do you sit to eat? (heh-heh)

$175? No, I just found some corn pads so now I have a different purchase to make.
                        Hi Lynn

Next time you're in the UK do come visit...we keep an extensive cheeseboard for our guests...

Dave

Comment

• spending money

Hello Dave. Thanks. And it all sounds free. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Here is a clue

"Les vécés étaient fermés de l'intérieur" (remarkable French movie)

Comment

• "Les vécés étaient fermés de l'intérieur"

What, bombed in the bog? No thanks mate, we had enough of that back in 1940...

Dave

Comment

• apron piece and basin of water

Hello all,
                                Been a while since I've visited the boards. Husband and I have been watching the (seemingly endless) documentaries on JtR.
                                When Walt asked a question, I hadn't thought of , previous.
                                The night of the double event, after the second murder, the police found a basin on one street with swirling water with blood in it and the piece of apron from the victim (used to wipe the weapon).
                                The question is; Why didn't the killer wash the knife in the basin, as well? or wipe his hands on the apron piece first? IF this is a matter of "habit" then why were no other "basins with bloody water in them" found near the other crime scenes?
                                Anyone want to hazard a quess on this one?
                                Thanks,
                                Gypsyohara

Comment

Working...
                                X