Faecal matter on apron piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    In fact Jon, Dr. Bond discounted Alice as a likely Ripper victim because, in one of many ironic moments in these investigations, he didn't see any of the skillful cuts made by the killer of the Canonicals. He also didn't see any personal opinion contradiction either evidently.
    I'm afraid you're getting Bond mixed up with Phillips in this instance. Bond did believe the murder of Alice McKenzie showed traits of the previous murders.

We don't know what Bond's opinion of Tabram's murder was. Anderson did not submit her file to him for evaluation.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Bonding

Hello Jon. Thanks. Hadn't realised that Bond included Alice.

I was under the impression that Mac had derived his view from Bond. Perhaps not?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Martha

Hello Cris.

"Anderson did not submit [Tabram's] file to him for evaluation."

Say, that's odd. Wonder why? I thought that, at that point, Martha was just a given?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Thankyou Phil.
          You have presented a rather plausible political face to this mystery.

Best Wishes, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Dead

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Errata. Thanks.

"As far as assassins go he was remarkably organized and goal oriented. Nor was he insane."

Indeed. And that was why I chose him. He accomplished his "goal" and then stopped.

Cheers.
            LC
            Hi Lynn,

This only explains why one killer stopped. He accomplished a goal and fled to Virginia where he was traced & killed. I acknowledge that you've answered it with regard to Nichols & Chapman. Why did they all stop?

Regards, Bridewell.
            Last edited by Bridewell; 07-21-2012, 10:24 PM.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• I've always thought it was a series of murders.
              Last edited by Paddy Goose; 07-21-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• intention

Hello Colin. Thanks. Again, not saying anything about Liz, I think Kate was intended to die.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• former belief

Hello Paddy. So did I for many years.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Hello Paddy

Well I started commenting on one post, and then it disappeared to be replaced by another. Nonetheless in response to your original (now deleted) enquiry:-

I suspect the police had never before been exposed to such a huge press scrutiny during a major murder investigation. Coupled with this, has to be the coronial criticism implicit within the Nicholls and Chapman inquests...frankly they didn't know how to handle it...

With reference to your much amended posting

I've always thought it was a series of murders.
                    Bless you...how long before that disappears also?

Dave

Comment

• There is one possibility. Criminal contagion. Those in the UK may not be that familiar with it (outside of a mob phenomenon), but we in the US have seen it many times.

Specifically in school shootings. Columbine was not the first (not even the first in that town), but it was the first huge story. After Columbine, we started averaging two high school shootings a year. And all of them were patterned after Columbine. It wasn't identical, different number of shooters, different body counts, etc. But the perpetrators were all versions of the Columbine shooters. Similar experiences, similar tastes in music, similar manifesto type writings. Had Harris and Klebold not committed suicide at Columbine, had there not been so many witnesses, it would be easy to conclude that all of the school shooters were the same man.

But what happened was much more tragic. Disaffected kids looked at those two shooters, and recognized themselves. They saw the fame and attention given to these shooters after their crime, and wanted the same for themselves. The saw the shooters as heroes, and thought that a similar massacre was their answer.

We know it happens. There doesn't need to be a desire to frame another criminal, or a separate evolution of psychopathy. A man could read the exploits of Jack the Ripper and have it resonate within him. A bunch of things could click in his head and he could decide that that's what he wanted. He wanted to do what Jack did. And if the man kept killing he would move away from copying Jacks work. He would find his own thing, and then "disappear". But there's no reason that these kinds of murders couldn't affect people the way school shootings affect bullied kids.

Well, actually there's a lot of reasons why it's unlikely. But nothing in the brains of mankind is ever impossible. Last night I dreamed that giraffes were extinct because they were doing skateboard tricks on Noah's ark and fell overboard. And if there are three things I never think about, it's giraffes, skateboards, and the stories of Genesis. Brains are funny things.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• 'An Epidemic of Murder', 1888

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                        There is one possibility. Criminal contagion. Those in the UK may not be that familiar with it (outside of a mob phenomenon), but we in the US have seen it many times.
                        Hi Errata.

There were actually magazine editorials on the subject of 'criminal contagion' back in 1888. They considered it a form of 'Moral Contagion' and 'Social Contagion'.

A few years ago I posted a large number of Ripper-related articles from both UK & US Medical Journals and I remember that one of the articles had the catchy title 'An Epidemic of Murder'. I don't know offhand where it is on Casebook, but if you're interested I can find it for you.

If you want to read all of the Medical Journal articles- which personally I found to be quite intelligent, well-written, and compelling- you can do a search on threads started by me and go back to about the Autumn of 2009. You'll find a slew of them, and I think with your interest in Medicine and Psychology, you'll enjoy them.

Best regards,
                        Archaic

Comment

• Hello Dr H, Lynn, Jon S, Dave,

Thank you for your kind comments.

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
                            I've always thought it was a series of murders.
                            It is a series of murders Paddy.

Just that some are stating personal belief on old ideas, providing little as they do.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              Phil's post #245 does indeed contain much food for thought...for example it'd never really occurred to me before that perhaps the police themselves had a reason to perpetuate a mythical JtR (the alternatives, released to a panicky public, being worse)...There's certainly a lot in that post I want to take away and think about...thanks Phil

All the best

Dave
                              I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree Dave,

Phils post is anti police, sensationalist and shows a misunderstanding of policing of the time.

The evidences are clear and shown for a series. The coincidences required to be beleived in so that a multikiller scenario is valid is beyond reasoned belief.

Lynn will claim the stats are invalid, Phil will state that the Police supported a myth and Simon will tell us all Jack did not exist.

Yet none of them will provided that one piece of evidence which will support these views.

If their views are correct we have multiple killers working in the same small area with very similar MOs preying on very similar victims leaving very similar mutilations and the police covered this up because they were worried about their reputation than the safety of the public (which is insulting beyond belief).

And then it all just stops, and both (or more) just slip away.

And they say the simplest answer is the solution?

If others want to believe this conspiracy hype then fine. I'm not fussed, as long as they provide a more balanced presentation than they have done so far.

I hope they realise their responsibility to the facts, however so far they are failing to do that.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• assertions

Hello Neil. Thanks.

"The evidences are clear and shown for a series."

Assuming, of course a rather loose interpretation of series--not to mention evidence.

"The coincidences required to be beleived in so that a multikiller scenario is valid is beyond reasoned belief."

Odd you should mention coincidence. I have been given to understand that coincidences happen--usually when making a point about multiple hands. Perhaps one person's coincidence is another person's evidence?

"Lynn will claim the stats are invalid . . ."

No he won't. Validity is an adjective applied to deductive arguments. No deduction here. But he might state them inconclusive and unhelpful.

"Phil will state that the Police supported a myth and Simon will tell us all Jack did not exist."

I'll let them speak for themselves.

"Yet none of them have provided that one piece of evidence which will support these views."

Right. Nor yet a piece of evidence to the contrary presented by the others.

"If their views are correct we have multiple killers working in the same small area with very similar MOs preying on very similar victims leaving very similar mutilations . . ."

Well, I'm delighted that they are now "similar" and not "identical" as some imagine. And I won't bore you by asking how large an area must be, to abrogate the argument, nor how much an "MO" must be like another nor what you mean by similar victims--although I suppose they were all XX chromosomal types. Similar mutilations? I hope you don't mean Liz and MJK.

" . . . and the police covered this up because they were worried about their reputation than the safety of the public (which is insulting beyond belief)."

I have nothing to say about the police. Given they did not solve the "murders" they interest me but little.

"And then it all just stops, and both (or more) just slip away."

But that's a problem for the Jacksters too.

"And they say the simplest answer is the solution?"

Hmm, well it IS a solution. Can't say that for the sexual serial killer scenario. They are still discussing a depressed barrister and a chap with alternative culinary and recreational habits.

"If others want to believe this conspiracy hype then fine."

What conspiracy?

"I'm not fussed, as long as they provide a more balanced presentation than they have done so far."

Waiting for that from the Jacksters.

"I hope they realise their responsibility to the facts, however so far they are failing to do that."

Quite. And my wish is the same for the Jacksters.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X