Example of a serial killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I think that broadly the same level of skills were demonstrated in Chapman's, Eddowes' and Kelly's murder, and that a horse-slaughterer could have committed either or all three. I don't buy Baxter's "no mere horse slaughterer" assertion at all.
    I would say that the contemporary professional who examined 4 of the Five Canonicals would be the best go-to guy when assessing that Sam. Which would then lead to a C Group excluding Stride, for sure. I think Kate would still be an on the fence matter. Look at the navel tracing, the severed colon section, the facial cuts. Sloppy.

Had the investigators thought that all the three you mentioned were similarly un-skilled, they would have been seeking slaughterhouse men in September. But they weren't, were they?
    Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      I think Kate would still be an on the fence matter. Look at the navel tracing, the severed colon section, the facial cuts.
      At least Eddowes' killer left her bladder intact. Chapman's killer sliced through part of her bladder, and her colon suffered collateral damage. She also needed two cuts to the throat, whereas Eddowes only needed one. Not that this points to two separate killers; on the contrary, it's entirely congruent with one killer making things up as he went along.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I may be in the minority but by the nature of the injuries to the torso, I'm fairly convinced Kate Eddowes and Alice MacKenzie were killed by the same killer, but with a different knife.

Comment

Originally posted by seanr View Post
          I may be in the minority but by the nature of the injuries to the torso, I'm fairly convinced Kate Eddowes and Alice MacKenzie were killed by the same killer, but with a different knife.
          bingo. or he didn't have it sharp enough.

Comment

Just came across an" interesting press piece from The Morning Advertiser on the 20th of October:

"The Western Mail says the greatest excitement prevailed at Pontardawe, near Swansea, on Sunday morning, on its becoming known that a child named John Harper, aged five years, the son-of an annealed at the Pantardawe Tinplate Works, had been foully murdered on Saturday evening in a wood near All Saints' Church. The child was missing by his parents in the afternoon of Saturday, and as night drew on a search was instituted, the neighbours joining in, but as their endeavours proved futile, information was given to Inspector Giddings at the police-station, and he said Police-constables Harris and Hopkins were soon on the alert. Inquiries were at once made by them as to when and where the little boy had last been seen, and it proved that with another child, who is still younger, he had been during the afternoon on a bridge crossing the river, which at this spot divides Pontardawe from the wood in question, in company with a lad named Thomas Lott, who is about eighteen years of age, and is frequently employed by a butcher in the town. The search was continued, and about twelve o'clock Police-constable Hopkins came upon the body of the little child, which presented a terrible spectacle, the throat being cut from ear to ear, and the abdomen ripped open. The police ascertained that the other little fellow, who had been on the bridge with Lott and the deceased, had arrived home in a great state of fright, saying that Lott had wished to undress him in the wood. This cottage where Lott lived with his mother was next visited, and he was taken into custody on suspicion, and has since admitted that he did the deed with a butcher's knife taken from the slaughterhouse. No motive can be assigned for the crime. Lott was brought before the magistrate yesterday morning and remanded."

Granted this was a child victim, and granted, this was Wales, but it does illustrate one thing pretty well...there were more killers than just JtR roaming about during that period that did atrocious acts. I believe the child found in Bradford.. was it?, was around the same time. I find this killer living with his mother a viable solution for where the/a killer would go after a murder. I think the evidence suggests someone who wasn't on the streets for long after any of the killings, so local man/men, maybe someone who tells his Mother he works at night.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by seanr View Post
              It is interesting to see how they respond to Alice Mackenzies murder Sean, recall of extra police, Bonds observations, ..I would agree that this murder and Kates could be paired by killer. As I believe Polly and Annies killer almost certainly was. Once the leap has been made, that which offers a perspective that allows for a number of murderers to be responsible for the Unsolved Files, you can then look for similarities with an unbiased approach. Like one that demands any solution fit within the broadly accepted Canonical Group theory.

Possible Motives. That's what we need to look for, more than the physical injuries, because with the murders that show lesser degrees of skill we have many more potential people who could have done these things. Doing it skillfully limits the number of possibles, no skill means anyone with a knife and the will could have killed these women.

The mutilations are part of an MO, they are not the defining characteristic that proves beyond doubt that one murder is linked by killer, with another. the circumstantial evidence is also very telling...how does law enforcement solve crimes where the body and most if not all of the physical evidence isn't available? Well, they do. Not with scientific forensics...when there is no physical evidence to test. They look into every aspect of the victims life, speak with people that knew her, and sometimes they uncover a circumstantial lead which eventually solves a crime. Not by comparing wounds or blade types, but by finding out why someone wanted the victim dead.

Kate may have been blackmailing someone, Liz just dumped her ex and seems to be in date mode by her dress and demeanor, and she is on anarchists ground...Mary was in a love triangle by her own admission to a friend. Plus she has the supposed Irish background, and a fairly recent history of being a consort in Paris, a city which was the meeting point for many Irish self rule figures and plots during those years. Its also where Anderson flew home from.

Loose strings. Some might lead somewhere.
              Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
              X