The Whitechapel murderer .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Whitechapel murderer .

I want replies from you about the questions in this thread .
    Why the rather short timeline from the first to the last murder ?
    Such a mad killer would probably not stop his gruesome work until he was stopped dead ?
    Smeared in blood and with a stank of slaughter , why didnt someone react when he returned home , I mean , unless you were a very rich person you had to live with many persons in your apartment in the crowded London during 19th century . But it could have been a sailor ? Like so many of you believe . That means he did the killings when the boat was at bay and he had some time off . And he was not neccessary a sailor who crossed the seas but the rivers like Thames .
    And if he was ever caught on act , let say by a civil person , would he run away at all cost or could he defend himself with his knife ?
    And now some basic facts :
    The killer had some luck when he wasnt caught or seen during his murder . He must have been a butcher or a surgeon . To do the mutilations in darkness and under stressful situations must have been done by a person who knew his things . And why the trophies ? Did he want to humiliate the victims ? If the scribble on the wall after the murder of Eddowes are written by the killer , did he want to blame the jews and start riots all over London ? Unless he was sailor , he probably lived in Whitechapel and had caught syphilis from one of the "nightladies" and wanted revenge . I believe the famous letters that started to drop in after the first murders are fake . They were probably made by reporters on newspapers and by people who wanted to stirr up the situation .
    And last , I think I will travel to London soon and Im wondering if there are some museums about " Jack The Ripper " there .
    Last edited by JG76; 02-03-2012, 12:28 AM.

Hi JG, out of curiosity, have you read Glenn Andersson's book on the Ripper ?

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
      Hi JG, out of curiosity, have you read Glenn Andersson's book on the Ripper ?
      Yes , the swedish author ?

Comment

Gus Lauritz wrote a book on the Ripper?

Comment

Sure, Scott. "Jack Uppskäraren, kriminalfall och legend", 2008

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
            Sure, Scott. "Jack Uppskäraren, kriminalfall och legend", 2008
            Jag förmodar att du är svensk DVV ?

Comment

Originally posted by JG76 View Post
              Yes , the swedish author ?
              Slight moustache, curled up each end.

Comment

Originally posted by JG76 View Post
                Jag förmodar att du är svensk DVV ?
                I'm good at broken-English, but broken-Swedish is beyong my capability.

Comment

errata

Hello JG.

"Why the rather short timeline from the first to the last murder?"

Which murder do you consider the first? The last?

"Such a mad killer would probably not stop his gruesome work until he was stopped dead?"

Why:

1. Assume he was mad?
                  2. Assume he had not finished?
                  3. Assume that there was but one killer?

"Smeared in blood and with a stank of slaughter , why didnt someone react when he returned home"

What makes us think he returned home? My lad wandered the streets and lived alone.

"I mean, unless you were a very rich person you had to live with many persons in your apartment in the crowded London during 19th century."

Not necessarily.

"But it could have been a sailor? Like so many of you believe."

Could be. Doubt it.

"That means he did the killings when the boat was at bay and he had some time off."

Perhaps. But other possibilities.

"And he was not neccessar[il]y a sailor who crossed the seas but the rivers like Thames."

Barge or tug sailor? Why not?

"And if he was ever caught on act , let say by a civil person , would he run away at all cost or could he defend himself with his knife?"

Well, what do you take his mental condition to be?

"And now some basic facts:

The killer had some luck when he wasnt caught or seen during his murder."

I agree with that. But his luck ran out on September 12.

"He must have been a butcher or a surgeon."

Butcher, eh? Sounds good to me.

"To do the mutilations in darkness and under stressful situations must have been done by a person who knew his things.'

Yes, Baxter and Bagster thought the mutilations "skilful" in the first two cases. But one was perhaps in daylight.

"And why the trophies?"

Was the uterus a trophy? Or did the butcher think (in his delusion) that it was sheep entrails?

"Did he want to humiliate the victims?"

Doubtful.

"If the scribble on the wall after the murder of Eddowes are written by the killer, did he want to blame the jews and start riots all over London ?"

Oops, how did we get to Eddowes? And what on earth has she to do with the first two?

"Unless he was [a] sailor, he probably lived in Whitechapel and had caught syphilis from one of the "nightladies" and wanted revenge."

Very old theory. Hardly considered today.

"I believe the famous letters that started to drop in after the first murders are fake."

What, precisely, constitutes a "fake"?

"They were probably made by reporters on newspapers and by people who wanted to stir up the situation."

Well, look over the "Dear Boss," construct a time line, and ask yourself how, precisely, they had intended to use this to sell newsprint.

"And last , I think I will travel to London soon and Im wondering if there are some museums about " Jack The Ripper " there."

A great idea. Lovely place. In the meantime, you might have a go at the era newspapers. They contain a goldmine of information.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

JG,
                    You ask 'why the rather short time line?'
                    Perhaps beginnings and endings can be given some intrinsic meaning
                    by considering the intervals within that timeline.
                    The murders usually attributed to JtR have fairly regular intervals which might correlate with a regular working lifestyle and consistent motivation which suggests a stable but abnormal personality. There are lots more of these inferences you can make.
                    SCORPIO

Comment

Working...
                    X