No announcement yet.

Double Event Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be taken too seriously,but in considering the apron piece as menstrual protection,wouldn't it's size depend on rate and volume of flow,and size of structure?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Mic. Thanks for that.

Perhaps you have a theory about something that has always puzzled me. Given the usual take on the "Double Event," and given the assailant lived near Goulston st., and given that--for whatever reason--he chose Berner st for a murder, why (given he was disturbed and was nondum satiatus) did he head for Aldgate first? Why not go east and perhaps north, where he had had success before? Why would the murderer travel further from home in such a frustrated, excited condition?

Cheers.
      LC
      Hi Lynn,

Coincidentally, I have been pondering the opposite lately: if the killer who had had success before in Buck's Row and Hanbury St was not in Berner St and therefore did not know of a murder there when he entered Mitre Square to murder Eddowes, what reason did he have for choosing a City location this time? Wasn't it lucky he didn't decide to trawl for victims along the Commercial Road, for instance, where all the action would have been?

It seems to me that he had more reason to head for Aldgate if he knew the Met would be buzzing around in the wake of Stride's body being discovered. Heading into City territory, where he had not previously tried his luck and where nobody would be expecting him to strike (including Eddowes it would seem), appears to have served him well enough.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• early release

Hello Caroline. I have often wondered whether the bloke who bought Kate's drinks were not her eventual assailant? If she's D & D, she will be put in gaol, and the rules in the City are commodious to an early release--whist it's nice and dark.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn.
          If we apply logical thinking we can put Kate's assailant as the person that may have bought her drinks, and as you rightly suggest it may have been common knowledge that early releases were policy.
          We could have a scenario, where Kate turns left out of the police station[ the opposite direction] because she see's her drinks supplier waiting close by, they then walk in the direction of Mitre square,.
          If one takes a view that en-route a plain clothes officer, passes by on his way to the nick, and somewhat suspicious, decides to follow the couple, however loses sight of them in Church passage,proceeding then to the night watchman in orange place, and speaking the words 'Have you seen a man and woman pass this way?
          Was this the city police officer near Mitre square, that had a sighting of the killer?
          It fits the puzzle nicely, but again speculation.
          Regards Richard.

Comment

• gin

Hello Richard. You refer to the Blenkingsop (sp?) affair? Hmm, not too bad.

Glad I'm not the only bloke who is suspicious that someone spent about a shilling on Kate's gin.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
              Hi Lynn,

Coincidentally, I have been pondering the opposite lately: if the killer who had had success before in Buck's Row and Hanbury St was not in Berner St and therefore did not know of a murder there when he entered Mitre Square to murder Eddowes, what reason did he have for choosing a City location this time? Wasn't it lucky he didn't decide to trawl for victims along the Commercial Road, for instance, where all the action would have been?

It seems to me that he had more reason to head for Aldgate if he knew the Met would be buzzing around in the wake of Stride's body being discovered. Heading into City territory, where he had not previously tried his luck and where nobody would be expecting him to strike (including Eddowes it would seem), appears to have served him well enough.

Love,

Caz
              X
              Hi Folks ..i have a question , is it the assumption of most, that it was pure coincidence that Catherine gave her name as Mary Ann Kelly at the police station , and was it also just coincidence or unbelievable luck on behalf of the killer that he was able to murder Catherine Eddows , tear hear apart , remove her organs , in the darkest corner of the square , the second PC watkins left the square , then make a clean escape only seconds before PC watkins returned 15 mins later , bearing in mind a doctor stated the mutilations on the body would have taken at least 20 minutes to perform ? was he really the most lucky killer of all time ? its a shame the lottery wasn't around then , he would have won every week

regards
              moonbegger

Comment

• John Kelly

Hello MB. Well, I can't speak for others, but my take is that a string of coincidences is assumed by a good many theorisers.

But that does not bother me HALF so much as John's testimony under oath. Read it lately?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Kate

I heard she had been locked up at Bishopsgate-street on Saturday afternoon. An old woman who works in then lane told me she saw her in the hands of the police.
                  But she wasn't arrested until 8.30pm...I assume this is what you mean Lynn?

Dave

Comment

• plus ultra

Hello Dave. Well, amongst a plethora of other things. Most troubling--Kate's early release from Mile End Casual Ward. Also, the date on the pawn ticket for boots. (I could go on and on.)

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello MB. Well, I can't speak for others, but my take is that a string of coincidences is assumed by a good many theorisers.

But that does not bother me HALF so much as John's testimony under oath. Read it lately?

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Hi Lynn .. Thanks for your reply to my " Lucky ol Jack " question . As regards to John Kelly , i think he was prob still drunk and confused at the inquest .. as a matter of interest , What part of Kelly's statement bothers you so much ?

Moonbegger .

Comment

• story

Hello MB. Well, his boots story doesn't work, nor yet his early release story.
                        And his, "We were talking about the WCM and I didn't want the knife to get to Kate . . ." smells to high heaven.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Early boots

Hi Lynn

Well I suppose the boots could easily be explained by somewhat drunken confusion...after all he was straightforward about producing the ticket at the inquest...he thought they'd pawned the boots on the 29th...the ticket said the 28th...it doesn't seem as if this aroused any suspicion at that time...(I'd be more interested in what he wore on his feet in the days after, and if/when did he retrieve the pawned boots!)...

The early release from the Casual Ward doesn't seem to have aroused THAT much suspicion either...Perhaps he didn't want to admit she'd actually been out most of the night on the game...he does seem to be consistent in wishing to deny her status as an unfortunate - see his earlier comments re walking the streets...it probably came across as just that at the inquest...and to the police too...

They've been together seven years in a reasonably stable relationship...I don't doubt he's covering up certain information (weren't they all - and don't many people even now?) but somehow I can't see him as her killer

All the best

Dave

Comment

• lying

Hello Dave.

"The early release from the Casual Ward doesn't seem to have aroused THAT much suspicion either."

Really? Even the jury cried "Foul" on this one.

"Perhaps he didn't want to admit she'd actually been out most of the night on the game...he does seem to be consistent in wishing to deny her status as an unfortunate - see his earlier comments re walking the streets...it probably came across as just that at the inquest...and to the police too..."

If so, then she was NOT at MECW.

"They've been together seven years in a reasonably stable relationship...I don't doubt he's covering up certain information (weren't they all - and don't many people even now?) but somehow I can't see him as her killer."

Well, let's not suggest that. But he is lying about something.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• "The early release from the Casual Ward doesn't seem to have aroused THAT much suspicion either."
                              Really? Even the jury cried "Foul" on this one.
                              Hi Lynn...I did say it didn't raise THAT much suspicion...as far as I can see, all that was said was:-

"A Juryman: Is not eight o'clock a very early hour to be discharged from a casual ward? - I do not know.
                              [Juryman ?] There is some tasks - picking oakum - before you can be discharged. I know it was very early."

After which they passed on to the boots...I don't think they made a great deal of it...And no I don't suppose she was at MECW - which is precisely what I was implying ...and it may be (I'm not saying more than that) all that he was covering up...after all her daughter's there and he may feel he'd be further shaming her mother, and simultaneously losing face in front of her...

He's no angel, but I don't think he's THAT much of a villain either!

All the best

Dave

Comment

• tryst

Hello Dave. Well, it could be a tryst while Kate's away--nothing more. But it could be something else.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X