Jack the Ripper(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Gotta love it. I post that there's a lot of strong evidence implicating a known Ripper suspect in the sending of the Lusk letter/kidney, along with Lusk's treasurer, Joseph Aarons. Does anyone care?
    Well Tom, I've been giving you the floor for the past hour.
    Maybe no-one shows any interest because you refuse to discuss it,....then why the rant?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hello Wickerman,
      In answer to your question I have envisioned the "old retainer" as an accomplice. Standing by with the wet wipes and a straightjacket - "Oh dear, his lordship´s had one of his funny turns again".

After all, if you were a lady of the streets at the time, who would you rather go with, a slathering maniac picking up pieces of bread from the street, or a well-spoken "posh" man - "Come, my dear, how did you end up this way, tell me your sad story in some quiet place".

Greetings,
      C4

Comment

• Photo of Le Grand

Yes, there's a photo of Le Grand. It appears in Evans & Rumbelow's book, JTR: SCOTLAND YARD INVESTIGATES.

Yes, it's possible, but by no means certain that Le Grand had an accomplice in the murders (assuming he's guilty'. In 1887 he employed toadies to beat up prostitutes, so he was certainly in contact with sociopaths of a like mind to his.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Yes, there's a photo of Le Grand. It appears in Evans & Rumbelow's book, JTR: SCOTLAND YARD INVESTIGATES.
          Oops, missed that one, but I've only perused the book in question. I'll most definitely look up that section soon.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
            Oops, missed that one, but I've only perused the book in question. I'll most definitely look up that section soon.
            Page 109, my dear.

Comment

• Thanks so much, David. Your help is appreciated, as I'm a bit ill and MAJORLY lazy tonight. (J'ai la flemme męme de tourner les pages du bouquin, figure-toi...)
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• Courage, Maria. L'avantage de ce livre, vu son format, c'est qu'il reste ouvert sans qu'on ait besoin de le tenir.
                Autant d'effort économisé.

Comment

• Non, c'est juste que j'ai un peu de fičvre. :-(
                  SY investigates (en format A3) a l'avantage de rester ouvert sans effort, et le désavantage de ne pas pouvoir ętre emporté en voyage (trop volumineux).
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

• Das spiegelei hast zum fensterbrett gefaellt.

Comment

• Lynn: I see what you mean but surely the onset and cessation of any series of events can be considered "sudden"?

Steve.

Comment

Much appreciated Tom.
                        I had to ferret through box's of Ripper books to find it, I wouldn't have known where to start, thanks.

Courtesy of Evans & Rumbelow, Jack the Ripper Scotland Yard Investigates, 2006, p.109.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        Yes, it's possible, but by no means certain that Le Grand had an accomplice in the murders (assuming he's guilty'. In 1887 he employed toadies to beat up prostitutes, so he was certainly in contact with sociopaths of a like mind to his.
                        Well let me ask you this, Tom.
                        Do you think one of those hired hands could have been the Ripper?
                        Someone who is told to do it, someone who embarks on, for all intents and purposes, a motiveless crime spree, then stops when he is ordered to?

As far as the perpetrator is concerned they are motiveless, because the actual motive does not lay with the thoughts, actions & mindset of the killer.

Regards, Jon S.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Extremely thought-provoking stuff about the kidney, Tom.

I think the killer would have been committing the crimes for his own reasons and simply could not have been an agent of another person because of the fury displayed in the mutilations. Unless, of course, the agent was as crazy as the principal which is highly unlikely.

Steve.

Comment

• Hi Wicker. Do you have Stewart and/or Keith Skinner's permission to post that photo? As for 'hired hands' - and again we're discussing this as though Le Grand were responsible for the murders - Le Grand would have been the Ripper, and yes, it's quite possible he had an accomplice equally as culpable as himself. It's as good an explanation as any for why not only two knifes but two techniques were used on Tabram (i.e. frenzied stab wounds with a penknife, and a single shot to the heart with a big knife). Both men would have to get their hands dirty. It's a matter of court record that men would not only beat up women on the street for Le Grand, but also do hard time without snitching on him.

Hi Steve! Thanks for that. And see above for my response to your observation. I generally agree with your thoughts on accomplices. I never thought it likely. In the case of Le Grand, his personal circumstances suggested there would be an accomplice (unlike other suspects), therefore I was forced to open my mind to that possibility.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                              ... Unless, of course, the agent was as crazy as the principal which is highly unlikely.
                              Crazier... than the principal.
                              I'm looking for a Bill Sykes, not a Fagin.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Wicker. Do you have Stewart and/or Keith Skinner's permission to post that photo?
                                Tom Wescott
                                Hi Tom

Rumbelow, not Skinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X