Jack would he have attacked men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack would he have attacked men?

While working on the Liz Stride murder,it just crossed my mind if 'jack' was still in the yard when Louis Diemschutz pulled in and was confronted by him would jack have attacked Louis or just try to have had it on his toes.Or do any of you think he may have a few male victims on his cv?
    Thanks for any views

Dixon9
    still learning

Hard to say really. We don't know what his personality was like or whether he was the type to avoid confrontation or to have a go back at a bloke who was up for a row.

Though I think it's okay to assume that if he ever did or had killed a man that he would'nt have mutilated them too. I think he probably would've just cut their throat and legged it, more so to prevent being caught and identified as the being Ripper than for any urge to have a fight with someone.

But then again, he may have killed other blokes and had fights for all we know. I guess it depends on how you perceive the man in question. Personally, I don't really think he'd kill a man unless he had little other option to. I also think that he liked to cut a woman's throat as well as mutilate them, and seeing as he was very probably straight, I just can't see him wanting to slash another man's throat.

It's a difficult one to suss.

Comment

Think of the Double Event and the police dragnet that night, which Jack somehow slipped through, even more dramatic than his eluding Diemshutz earlier in the night. He had a knife on him. If confronted physically, of course he would have killed a man- any number of them, especially since the police didn't carry guns- to make his escape. If faced with multiple cops, he would have been overwhelmed and caught, drawing blood in the process. But as for going out looking to kill a man-- never.

Comment

Hello you all!

I agree with you; in a case of necessity yes.

But on purpose; no!

The beginning of the double event may show the thing; if he was there, he just quietly sneaked away. To face the next woman...

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I agree with you, J.R.

Jack would have killed or, at the very least, attacked in order to protect himself to prevent from being caught. However, he was smart (or slick enough) to conceal himself until it was safe for him to move on.

Also, I do believe Jack's primary interest was in killing women. Usually a killer who attacks men for sadistic purposes tends to identify himself as homosexual, which is one of my personal primary reasons why Tumblety could not have been the Ripper.
          I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

I would agree.
            Probably not attacking men since he's not an ambush styled killer.
            He seemed more comfortable luring the women into a secreted place.

If the killer was the same man seen with Stride outside of the pub earlier and the same man seen by Hutchinson before the Kelly murder, then he doesn't appear to be intimidated by other men, either. More annoyed if anything.

He might have fought to get away or kill a man that got too good of a look at him at the scene of a murder.
            Other than that, I think he treasured his stealth enough to choose slipping away as his first option.
            Dave McConniel

Comment

Working...
            X