Mad Men- Degrees of Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe

If I could find a copy of his handwriting style I would compare it to the ripper letters that I have copied of(I have about 90).

yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

try this

Hello Corey. Try this.

The best.
      LC

Comment

Right now Im trying to find a good book on cycology(preferabally criminal cycology).
        Hi Corey. You might care to read Criminal Shadows, a book written by the British psychologist, Professor David Canter.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Thanks

Garry & Lynn, If that has a copy of his handwriting then I will see if any of the letters match with it. And Garry, thank you for the sugestion, Im thinking about going to collage to major in cycology, for it highly interests me.

I recently went to a trial of a murderer who killed a local couple these couple of days. It was interesting.

Yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Signature

First of all are you absolutily sure this is D'Onstons signature?? And can you make out what the last word after D'Onston says???

Maybe a nickname?

Yours truly
            Attached Files
            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Stephenson

Hi Corey. Yes. It says Stephenson. That was his original name.

This excerpt is from his wedding register.

It's a fascinating thread and reveals a good deal about the man.

The best.
              LC

Comment

Print

Let me print out a copy then I will compare. can you( if you know it all) state what exactly the text reads?

yours truly.
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Latin and Greek

Hello Corey. Above is his signature. Below is his explanation--Latin, but in Greek script. He says, "Natos Roboertus Stephenson." (Born Robert Stephenson.)

This is super pedantic and tells us something of his personality.

The best.
                  LC

Comment

Writing

It can always tell a little about us. I just need the text from the posted picture so i can alienate each letter and see if it corrisponds with any in my ripper letters.

yours truly
                    Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

text

Hello Corey. The upper text reads:

"Roslyn D'Onston Stephenson"

The best.
                      LC

Comment

examining

It may take a little while so Ill be back soon, again thank you for your help lynn.

yours truly
                        Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

pedantry

Hello Corey. You're welcome.

If you can also find a link between pedantry and a psychological disorder, it would be great.

The best.
                          LC

Comment

I shall look

If I DO find a link I will. Right now I am seeing if the "lusk letter" and his signature match. In the From hell letter alot of the words overlap the bottom words. In D'Onstons signature his first name overlaps with whats below it. I also note that in the signature he tends to connect his letters especially his T's And P's.

yours truly
                            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

People often make the mistake that someone who could carry out such atrocities as JTR did, MUST be mad.

Dennis Nilsen argued at his trial that he must be mad since he so coldly murdered over a dozen men - it didn't hold up then, and it doesn't hold up now. JTR was probably someone in his right mind, sadly.

Comment

definitions

Hello Dark. Well, do we want to say "in his right mind" or "not clinically/legally insane"?

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X