Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Was A Loathsome Deviant COWARD!!!

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
    Indeed, after all Jack exposed to him to a risk of getting caught red-handed that was not insignificant at all
    Hi, Hellrider. I considered what you said and I feel very strongly about it, so decided to respond.
    I DO NOT believe that Jack's ''exposing himself to the risk of getting caught'' is ANY evidence of Courage!!! It's only evidence of his own extreme level of ADDICTION to a grotesque level of Violence & Perversion.

The massive jolt of Adrenalin he experienced by running great risks to commit murders in public must have significantly enhanced the personal 'Pleasure' and 'Satisfaction' he derived from his appalling acts. (I hate like hell to have to use those terms for such awful crimes, but of course Jack committed those crimes precisely because they GAVE HIM something he desperately craved. And that's true not only during their actual committal, but also in his enjoyment of the 'Anticipation' beforehand and in his sense of 'Personal Power/Satisfaction/ Omnipotence' afterward.

Once Jack experienced that 'heightened thrill' by ''almost getting caught'', he found that he ENJOYED IT, and so that extra spice of danger became yet another reinforcing element in his Cycle of Sexually Violent Deviant Behavior.
    There are people who engage in all kinds of extremely dangerous behavior because they believe it heightens their 'Pleasure'... A person who nearly strangles themselves to death by indulging in Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation doesn't do so out of Bravery- they do so out of a desperate need to somehow 'satisfy' themselves!

Jack is the same, but of course much more complex & extreme, and perfectly happy to turn his behavior outward upon others & make them suffer so he can get off on it! And the fact that he committed these crimes repeatedly is proof that he DID get off on it!

Like many serial killers, Jack was a LOATHSOME COWARD who went after easy targets because he had a deep-seated need to feel dominant and powerful, even by way of the very grossest and most pointless means- and was selfish, depraved, and deviant enough to act upon his own sick fantasies. Bravery and Courage have NOTHING to do with it.

This topic got me kind of ratcheted up... I feel very strongly about it. But my ALL anger is directed at Jack, and not at anyone else; I hope that's evident in my post! Thanks, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Bravery and Courage have NOTHING to do with it.
      Hi Archaic,

true, but then cowardness has nothing to do with it either.
      It's simply meaningless.
      We shouldn't blame a serial killer for being a coward.
      That would mean we would blame less a "courageous serial killer"...

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Hi, David.
        I disagree with your statement ''we shouldn't blame a serial killer for being a coward.'' They are ALL cowards. They intentionally prey upon people weaker than themselves in order to achieve some kind of deviant enjoyment and 'ego boost'. They lack the courage and decency to resist their own warped impulses, and they even lack the courage to kill themselves when they feel the overwhelming compulsion to act upon those impulses.

Don't you think Ted Bundy was a coward? He could have chosen to stalk brawny College Football Players, but he didn't. He knew they'd have kicked his ass!

Serial Killers use the tools of Deceit, Weapons, Particular Situations, & Vulnerable Targets to stack ALL the cards in their favor before they attack. Jack was many things, including a loathsome coward. Attacking a hungry, homeless, desperately poor lone unarmed woman with a knife is as low and cowardly as kicking a sleeping bum to death on the sidewalk.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

I think the normal appliance of terms like "bravery" or "cowardice" simply don't come into play when talking about a psychopathic murderer. He's just too outside our personality norms. That's what makes it so demmed difficult to wrangle them/relate to their motivations in discussions...so few points of humanity that we share with them. Their minds operate so differently. Certainly "Jack" was bold. But "brave"? Never(to me)-because that adjective has too much of a positive connotation.

Comment

Hi, David.
            I disagree with your statement ''we shouldn't blame a serial killer for being a coward.'' They are ALL cowards. They intentionally prey upon people weaker than themselves in order to achieve some kind of deviant enjoyment and 'ego boost'. They lack the courage and decency to resist their own warped impulses, and they even lack the courage to kill themselves when they feel the overwhelming compulsion to act upon those impulses.

Don't you think Ted Bundy was a coward? He could have chosen to stalk brawny College Football Players, but he didn't. He knew they'd have kicked his ass!

Serial Killers use the tools of Deceit, Weapons, Particular Situations, & Vulnerable Targets to stack ALL the cards in their favor before they attack. Jack was many things, including a loathsome coward. Attacking a hungry, homeless, desperately poor lone unarmed woman with a knife is as low and cowardly as kicking a sleeping bum to death on the sidewalk.

Best regards, Archaic
            Hi Archaic,

I'm afraid you completely misunderstood my post.

My point is : we haven't to judge serial killers in terms of "courage" and "cowardice".

That's a non-sense, and would mean there are "better" serial killers (the courageous) than others (the cowards).

Amitiés,
            David

Comment

As sick as Jack was, there's nothing to indicate that he was a coward, just that he didn't want to get caught. Which, who would? His victims were women because those were the type of people he enjoyed ripping up for whatever twisted reason. Calling him a coward is just your own personal feelings coming into play when perceiving him, or rather, judging him (which there's nothing wrong with but if this is about why he chose the type of victims that he did then that doesn't really help matters and misguides things a little). I see Jack as a bit of a loser and a wanker myself, but that doesn't tell us much, if anything, about why he had a select interest in women's innards.

Comment

They lack the courage and decency to resist their own warped impulses, and they even lack the courage to kill themselves when they feel the overwhelming compulsion to act upon those impulses.
                [/B]
                Hi Archaic,

Although I completely understand your feelings, the above is something I want to react to.

I think here's the crux: why would serial killers even want to stop themselves if they don't think they are doing something that they shouldn't? One of the important things that seperate serial killers from normal people is that they don't have a conscience (to speak of). When combined with an unmentionable rage and hate against a certain type of people, with boiling perverse fantasies just under the surface and a 'now-it's-my-turn mentality', what you suggest doesn't even come close to getting into the picture for them - unfortunately. They rather think that it's someone else's responsibility to stop them, someone else who put them up to it in the first place.

But of course, I agree there's nothing couragious whatsoever in attacking innocent, unsuspecting people, much less children.

All the best,
                Frank
                "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Working...
                X