No announcement yet.

No one between double event locations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one between double event locations ?

I'm just a casual JTR reader but one thing bothers me. The night of the 'double event' is it true that no one saw anybody on the street that night BETWEEN the 2 murder locations? No constables or officers reported any descriptions of any males walking around ? That seems odd since 1.) its a fair sized walk. 2.)they seem to notice alot about people at the actual scenes and 3.) with their detailed 'beats' known down to how many steps they took and with the level of alert that was present, it seems a little weird that they didn't report anyone. I know they were 2 distinct police districts with alot of nooks and crannies to avoid the cops, but still.

Jack wouldn't have acted suspiciously - before, during or after a kill. So it's likely that loads of people did see him out and about in the area at the time of the murders but didn't suspect a thing, including police officers.

Comment

Originally posted by neathy View Post
      I'm just a casual JTR reader but one thing bothers me. The night of the 'double event' is it true that no one saw anybody on the street that night BETWEEN the 2 murder locations? No constables or officers reported any descriptions of any males walking around ? That seems odd since 1.) its a fair sized walk. 2.)they seem to notice alot about people at the actual scenes and 3.) with their detailed 'beats' known down to how many steps they took and with the level of alert that was present, it seems a little weird that they didn't report anyone. I know they were 2 distinct police districts with alot of nooks and crannies to avoid the cops, but still.
      You may want to review Liz Strides case a bit more Neathy, because a man was spotted between the times and not quite between kill sites in an alley. Ill let you read the details on your own rather than in my words...check the press articles.

Cheers and best regards.

Comment

Just to clarify the "fair sized walk," I did it in 14 minutes while on vacation in London last year- a little less, I'd imagine, without traffic lights and with only slight late night horse and buggy traffic.

Comment

Hi all.

My first post, so be gentle with me.

I read in the Mammoth book of JtR that a witness reported seeing a man at 1.30 am on the night of the double event in Church Lane, a street parallel to Berner Street. Apparantly the man was wiping his hands. has anyone else heard this.

It raised two questions for me. Supposing this was a truthful account and this man was the murderer of Elizabeth Stride, what was he doing hanging around in that area over half an hour after the murder? Secondly wouldn't this also rule him out of being the killer of Catherine Eddowes? There is no way he could make it to Mitre Square in 5 minutes in order to be seen by Lawende and the others?

Comment

Being very gentle......Yes, that's the account...All the timings round Berner street seem contradictory..remember most of them are guesswork,& if(if!) Stride was not connected to Eddowes,it's possible her killer might be in a state of shock......Welcome to the wonderful world of ifs & buts........
            Steve

Comment

I'm reluctant to include Stride as a Ripper victim, but either way, Jack would not exactly be muttering "kill, kill, kill" under his breath while stroking a blood-soaked knife - he was an organised killer and probably so nondescript he would not have been noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                I'm reluctant to include Stride as a Ripper victim, but either way, Jack would not exactly be muttering "kill, kill, kill" under his breath while stroking a blood-soaked knife - he was an organised killer and probably so nondescript he would not have been noticed.
                While I agree that he wouldn't be muttering "kill, kill, kill" he certainly wasn't an organised killer. An organised killer would have selected his victims before hand, ensured that he had privacy and wouldn't have risked being caught.

In all the murders there was a high risk that he would be caught, there was little privacy (except MJK) and his victims were chosen on the spot rather than selected before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  While I agree that he wouldn't be muttering "kill, kill, kill" he certainly wasn't an organised killer. An organised killer would have selected his victims before hand, ensured that he had privacy and wouldn't have risked being caught.

In all the murders there was a high risk that he would be caught, there was little privacy (except MJK) and his victims were chosen on the spot rather than selected before hand.
                  Yes.. Thats what the FBI profiled JTR as. I have a problem with that because we dont know if JTR lived in a lodging house or with a family. Transportation of a body was difficult. Was it more organized to leave Annie where she lay or to try to tote her body home in a wheelbarrow?

I think he was selecting his victims. I dont think he was risking this for just any old hag. I think Eddowes case gives us some clues as to what happens when JTR doesnt spend the time selecting the right victim.

When I think about where the murders happened and how they happened I just cant stop thinking to myself how it seems less equals more. What im saying is if JTR had actually tried to act like an organized killer he most likely would have been caught.

What he did was almost perfect for the times and places he did them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                    Yes.. Thats what the FBI profiled JTR as. I have a problem with that because we dont know if JTR lived in a lodging house or with a family. Transportation of a body was difficult. Was it more organized to leave Annie where she lay or to try to tote her body home in a wheelbarrow?
                    Ofcourse he wouldn't be carrying them home but he could have selected his victims more like MJK and had a private location where he could spend a lot more time doing what he wanted to do to each victim.

Instead though he carried his crimes out in the open and risked being caught.

I think the risk of being caught gave him an extra rush, an extra high and perhaps that brought about his downfall.

Comment

He was seen by Eddowes! Seriously, where do you think that they crossed paths?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        Ofcourse he wouldn't be carrying them home but he could have selected his victims more like MJK and had a private location where he could spend a lot more time doing what he wanted to do to each victim.

Instead though he carried his crimes out in the open and risked being caught.

I think the risk of being caught gave him an extra rush, an extra high and perhaps that brought about his downfall.
                        Yes.. Of course he could have started out finding victims like MJK but it seems thats where he ended up. Soo.. Did he start out disorganized and then learn organization?

What if JTRs true motivation was some kind of sick protest against conditions in the East End or victorian society? If that was the case then JTR is a super genious committing the perfect crimes.

Could it be that JTR was truly a jekyl and hyde? Mild mannered and gentle looking until he decides to strike?

If JTRs motivation was something sexual then I guess he was disorganized but a quick learner.

Comment

Working...
                        X