If Jack had been cornered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M&P writes:
    "That just proves that Chapman was the only one who got asphyxiated while being strangled to the ground."

The others, M&P, MAY have been subjected to some sort of suffocation, but of this we cannot be sure. There are other ways of subduing, such as compressing blood vessels. He may also have placed a hand over his victims mouth and worked from there. Getting down to business, we are still left with only the one clearly suffocated victim.

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

Valid point, especially the theory of Jack placing his hand over his victims' mouths, as that (as well as the strangulation method) would coincide with the bruising to Polly's jaw and the side of her face; unless that's where he held onto her head firmly while cutting her throat on the pavement.

Comment

Here are a few random thoughts that ran through my head while reading the posts in this thread, but first a little background on me. I am a retired soldier with specialized training in hand to hand combat, specifically Brazilian Jujitsu. I know who cares about me but that little tidbit will show my insight in a moment.

1. Would jack have fought or surrendered if cornered?

It’s obvious that we will never know because he never was cornered. A few Posts seem to almost imply that he was cornered by Diemschutz in Dutfield's Yard shortly after killing Stride, but cornered means no way out. It is my opinion that Jack was well aware of his surroundings and did his work in the place of his choosing in order to prevent being cornered. He would also be listening for the noise of someone approaching.

2. Why would jack hear the noise of someone approaching before it was too late to get away?

Heightened senses are not unusual in people who are in a high stress environment. Soldiers that have been in a combat zone long enough develop their senses to a point of almost sixth sense ability. I have experienced this myself. Simply put if you perceive there is danger you pay more attention.

3. How did Jack kill his victims? Was it from the side, the back, or the front? How did he silence them so fast? (Ok this is where my hand to hand combat experience comes in)
        It is my understanding that prostitutes and their Johns, or in this case Jacks, often engaged in anal intercourse from a standing position. This is, I believe I read someplace, due to the sanitary conditions of the streets and also because the prostitute didn’t want to risk pregnancy. I believe these points lead to the strongest possibility that he did it from behind. If that is the case how did he silence and kill them so quickly? Here is my opinion; Brazilian Jujitsu teaches many possible choke holds that could accomplish this. Take for instance the Rear Naked Choke, applied from behind on an exposed/naked throat. This hold when properly applied cuts off air to the lungs and blood to the brain and can render a victim unconscious in only a few seconds. It also has the added benefit for Jack in that it will silence the victim immediately. The only noises made would be about 3 seconds of scuffling before the victim passed out. At this point our boy is free to continue the choke to induce death (only takes about 30 seconds) or simply lay the victim down and finish the job with his knife. Also if applied quickly before the victim realized what was happening, this type of choke hold would usually not produce much if any bruising or marking at all. If however the victim (Polly Nichols possibly) where able to prevent the hold from being applied properly it would create strangulation marks but still be very effective. I’m not saying jack was a student of Brazilian Jujitsu and in fact the discipline was not even around during his lifetime. It does however prove that it’s possible to kill very quickly and very quietly from behind.
        'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Working...
        X