Jack's housing arrangements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    No, my hypothesis is that he lived there in 1888.

Regards, Pierre
    Fair enough. Why didn't you say that in the first place? That is all I have been asking.

Comment

By the way, did you notice how close King William Street is to Whitehall Place?
      I thought it was close to the Royal Courts of Justice?

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
        I thought it was close to the Royal Courts of Justice?
        Yes, it is actually close to more than one convenient places. If you had an hypothesis of a well organized killer with a personal interest for living close to such places, King William Street would be a very strategic place for that. It would be only 14-15 minutes walk to those places. And it also happens to be about 30 minutes walk to Devonshire Street / Great Portland Street. And Lambeth Road.

Mind you, all of this is just "possibilities". But if you had the above hypothesis, so it would have been for your killer.

Regards, Pierre
        Last edited by Pierre; 06-10-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

And it also happens to be about 30 minutes walk to Devonshire Street / Great Portland Street. And Lambeth Road.
          Thing is, Pierre, Central London is not that big and just about everywhere is 30 minutes walk away from everywhere else. I mean, for example, it's 20 minutes walk from the Houses of Parliament to the Royal Courts of Justice. So it's pretty meaningless to say what you are saying.

Comment

Yes, it is actually close to more than one convenient places. If you had an hypothesis of a well organized killer with a personal interest for living close to such places, King William Street would be a very strategic place for that. It would be only 14-15 minutes walk to those places. And it also happens to be about 30 minutes walk to Devonshire Street / Great Portland Street. And Lambeth Road.

Mind you, all of this is just "possibilities". But if you had the above hypothesis, so it would have been for your killer.

Regards, Pierre
            What's on Lambeth Road? I hope you are not referring to the arm found by the blind school. That was proven not to belong to the Whitehall Torso.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
              What's on Lambeth Road? I hope you are not referring to the arm found by the blind school. That was proven not to belong to the Whitehall Torso.
              It was a medical opinion and we donīt know to whom it had belonged. Or do we?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

It was a medical opinion and we donīt know to whom it had belonged. Or do we?

Regards, Pierre
                Not the Whitehall torso. Unless she had two right arms!

Comment

Not the Whitehall torso. Unless she had two right arms!
                  No one said it belonged to the Whitehall victim.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Yes, I will not discuss this issue with Jerry.

By the way, did you notice how close King William Street is to Whitehall Place?

Regards, Pierre

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Pierre

I see you have not given a direct answer my question ?

However on reading your reply to David several things need to be pointed out.

King William Street is in central London, indeed traditionally measurements to London are measured from and to Charing cross, a 30 second walk from the street.

Yes it is close to the places you mention, but what ties those to JtR?

Mentioning places that are about 1.5 miles away from set point, almost looks like drawing a circle on a map.
                    Whitechapel is almost 3 miles to walk, and while it can be easily done in under and hour, it does not seem particularly convenient for the purpose.
                    Your point about Whitehall place being?
                    Are we going back to Torso's?

steve

Comment

• Pierre,

I apologize and jumped the gun before checking my notes. The Lambeth arm may not had been a right arm now that I think about it. I will have to double check press reports I found on that because I thought somewhere I read it was a right arm. Anyway, it was ruled out as being connected so yes, medical opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        Pierre

I see you have not given a direct answer my question ?

However on reading your reply to David several things need to be pointed out.

King William Street is in central London, indeed traditionally measurements to London are measured from and to Charing cross, a 30 second walk from the street.

Yes it is close to the places you mention, but what ties those to JtR?

Mentioning places that are about 1.5 miles away from set point, almost looks like drawing a circle on a map.
                        Whitechapel is almost 3 miles to walk, and while it can be easily done in under and hour, it does not seem particularly convenient for the purpose.
                        Your point about Whitehall place being?
                        Are we going back to Torso's?

steve
                        Hi Steve,

Yes, I had the Whitehall victim in mind.

But for C-5 we should have an hypothesis about another adress close to the murders performed there.

It is difficult, isnīt it? It would perhaps be easier to think the killer was a "local man" in Whitechapel. If you have an hypothesis about someone crossing boarders, both juridically, socially and geographically, the research questions should be more complex.

But I donīt think they are.

Regards, Pierre
                        Last edited by Pierre; 06-10-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Pierre,

I apologize and jumped the gun before checking my notes. The Lambeth arm may not had been a right arm now that I think about it. I will have to double check press reports I found on that because I thought somewhere I read it was a right arm. Anyway, it was ruled out as being connected so yes, medical opinion.
                          Hi Jerry,

No problem and no need to apologize. These sources from 1888 are not always easy to get a grip on.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Pierre,

You do know there are other suspects that have an equal or greater connection to each of the sites you mention AND have documented addresses to correspond, don't you?

Comment

Hi Steve,

Yes, I had the Whitehall victim in mind.

But for C-5 we should have an hypothesis about another adress close to the murders performed there.

It is difficult, isnīt it? It would perhaps be easier to think the killer was a "local man" in Whitechapel. If you have an hypothesis about someone crossing boarders, both juridically, socially and geographically, the research questions should be more complex.

But I donīt think they are.

Regards, Pierre

Pierre

Whitehall victim? Yes despite the attempts by yourself and Fisherman, amongst others, there is no probably link yet established, possible, I will of course grant, but no more at present.

In addition the proximity of the site at Whitehall, does not help with getting the body onto the site, into the cellar/basement area where it was found.

It may help with getting to the site, however that is debatable, a Torso is a large form, and weighs a considerable weight, transport of some form would probably still be need, in which case distance from the scene of crime to disposal is of less importance.

I assume you are claiming a link in a data source to, if not 9 king William street , at least to the street itself?

Steve

Comment

Pierre,

You do know there are other suspects that have an equal or greater connection to each of the sites you mention AND have documented addresses to correspond, don't you?
                                Equal or greater than what?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X