X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

I just find it stimulating to see how you go from
    to[/B]

Personally, my guess is that there’s no link between the 1873 case and the 87-89 ones, at least so far none has been found.

Therefore no reason to infer anything about the killer hoping anything about later cases.

There were other cases reported in the papers about dead bodies and body parts being fished out of the water. Just because it happened did not mean the people disposing of a body stopped chucking it in the river.

So my guess is actually that the perpetrator of the 1873 case mostly wanted to rid himself of the body parts in a manner that was quick, anonymous, hard to trace and with a good chance of the parts never being found, or if found, then with some delay.
    Pretty much the same reasons why other criminals chose and choose to throw stuff in a river or the ocean.
    Itīs good to hear I stimulate you. I have always said that I believe that the killer may have developed an interest in communicating with his environment, invoking terror and fear. What I say is perfeectly in line with that assumption. Itīs stimulating to see that an opponent of mine does not have the capacity to understand how that works - it will facilitate future debates.

What said opponent guesses about the various cases is something I accordingly do not invest much interest -or faith - in. Not least since the link is there, rather clearly so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

You so far have not offered any explanation for the fact that all the torsos heads were never found. Surely if a head was thrown in the water it would soon bobble about and easily be found

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Bobble about? It would sink, like your argument. Itīs actually all about how heads can be very dense.

Have you ever heard of a decapitated head floating ashore anywhere? No? Thereīs a reason for it.
      Last edited by Fisherman; 01-10-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Itīs good to hear I stimulate you. I have always said that I believe that the killer may have developed an interest in communicating with his environment, invoking terror and fear. What I say is perfeectly in line with that assumption. Itīs stimulating to see that an opponent of mine does not have the capacity to understand how that works - it will facilitate future debates.

What said opponent guesses about the various cases is something I accordingly do not invest much interest -or faith - in. Not least since the link is there, rather clearly so.
        Hi Fisherman

certainly a telling choice of words for someone who disagrees with you: “opponent”.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Bobble about? It would sink, like your argument. Itīs actually all about how heads can be very dense.

Have you ever heard of a decapitated head floating ashore anywhere? No? Thereīs a reason for it.
          I was being humorous, but it seems you have no sense of humour

and would you agree that the purpose of decapitating a head from the body would be to hide the identity of the person? yet you suggest the ripper was one and the same as the Torso decapitator totally different MO`s do you not think ?

Comment

• hey Fish
            What is the link between the 73 case and mary Kelly?the mutilation of the face?

Comment

and would you agree that the purpose of decapitating a head from the body would be to hide the identity of the person? yet you suggest the ripper was one and the same as the Torso decapitator totally different MO`s do you not think ?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              it could be to hide the identity and or it could be that the head has special significance to the killer, as it does in many cases of post mortem type serial killers (ie. Dahmer, kemper).
              You of all people should know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

Hi Fisherman

certainly a telling choice of words for someone who disagrees with you: “opponent”.

Have a great weekend!
                Oh, heīs got me! Revealed!! I am but a child who thinks the whole world has conspired against me!

Then again, somebody who disagrees with me is in opposition to me, and thus an opponent.

But what the heck - the Freudian stuff is much funnier! Ooooh, the shame! Heīs got me!!
                Last edited by Fisherman; 01-10-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  Trevor, I read your posts. WOuld a guy with no sense of humour do that?

And no, I do not agree that the purpose of cutting off a head is always to hide the identity of the victim. Ask Christa Hoyt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

it could be to hide the identity and or it could be that the head has special significance to the killer, as it does in many cases of post mortem type serial killers (ie. Dahmer, kemper).
                    You of all people should know that.
                    Why doesnīt he, though? Or is he just testing our sense of humour again?

Comment

hey Fish
                      What is the link between the 73 case and mary Kelly?the mutilation of the face?
                      Why do I feel an urge to say that it is for me to know and for you to find out...? Donīt forget the sawed off limbs, though!

Comment

Why do I feel an urge to say that it is for me to know and for you to find out...? Donīt forget the sawed off limbs, though!
                        i didn't-MK didn't have any sawed off limbs. ok ill wait for the book.

Comment

Trevor, I read your posts. WOuld a guy with no sense of humour do that?

And no, I do not agree that the purpose of cutting off a head is always to hide the identity of the victim. Ask Christa Hoyt.
                          Her head was cut off and posed and found.Her killer clearly wanted it to be found .

That example has absolutely nothing to do with the missing head of the torsos, you are clutching at straws trying to justify the delusional theory you have about these torsos.

Comment

i didn't-MK didn't have any sawed off limbs. ok ill wait for the book.
                            I may be barking up the wrong tree here Abby but didn't Nick Warren once suggest that the killer may have tried to sever Mary's right leg with a hatchet or such like?
                            Regards Darryl

Comment

Logical enough. But...

I regard the 1873 torso murder as the earliest known instance of a murder committed by the combined killer. And I think that this murder was committed to allow the killer to produce something that correspoded to his fantasies. I believe he did precisely that by means of reshaping the body of his victim - and then he threw it away when he was done, after having cut it up in many parts. Accordingly, no other person than himself took part of his phantasy. What was left was the trash, so to speak, and the killer will have been very much aware that there was a large chance that for example the face he had cut away was never found.

It may well be that the ensuing press reporting fuelled a newborn or growing wish to terrorize and intimidate, but it seems to me that regardless of this, his aim was not to share his phantasies with the rest of the world at this stage. Once we get to Kelly, it is another story - she appears to be a fully-fledged demonstration of what he was about, proudly presented to a terrified world.

He warmed to the attention, Iīd say.
                              In truth I'm not overly versed in the full details of the torso killings (I'm still gradually plodding my way through the Ripper case) but of what I have read my initial instincts says it was a group endeavour - be it two, three, four or even more participants - in a secret ritual act of killing and dismemberment for either trophies or simply to make disposal easier and identification harder.

As of yet, I can't see all the murders being perpetrated by the same individual(s).

Comment

• Originally posted by Curious Cat View Post

In truth I'm not overly versed in the full details of the torso killings (I'm still gradually plodding my way through the Ripper case) but of what I have read my initial instincts says it was a group endeavour - be it two, three, four or even more participants - in a secret ritual act of killing and dismemberment for either trophies or simply to make disposal easier and identification harder.

As of yet, I can't see all the murders being perpetrated by the same individual(s).
                                hi curious
                                thats an interesting take. i beleive jerry d also feels like more than one man working together were responsible. theres some intriguing arguments for it and would also explain how two of them were "predicted" before they occurred.

Comment

Working...
                                X