Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I'm not so sure that would have applied to Chapman, who was sickly and under-nourished, or Eddowes, whose mortuary photograph shows that she was a slight woman, barely skin and bone. There's not much data on Polly Nichols, but we do know that she was a comparatively small woman, only 5' 2" tall, and she was seen to be drunk and very unsteady on her feet by a reliable witness, barely an hour before her murder. Tabram, whilst certainly a more substantial woman than any of the C5, had been on a drinking binge.
    They would've still put up a fight when their survival instinct kicked in. Strangulation is a painful, drawn-out way to kill someone. How did none of the witnesses hear a struggle? The killer must have been proficient at choking out his victims. What can that tell us about his background?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      They would've still put up a fight when their survival instinct kicked in.
      That wouldn't have counted for much if their assailant was substantially heavier, and stronger than them.
      Strangulation is a painful, drawn-out way to kill someone.
      Indeed, but I don't see much conclusive evidence for strangulation in most of the murders.
      How did none of the witnesses hear a struggle?
      If there are few witnesses nearby, as was the case in all but Stride's and Kelly's murders, and/or if they are mostly asleep, why should they have heard anything? Even if strangulation was employed, it's hard to hear the sound of someone in voluminous skirts thrashing about on the floor, with a heavier man's hands clamped around her throat.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

This, imo, is one of the most overlooked aspects of the Ripper case: how did the killer incapacitate his victims so stealthily. Strangulation sounds all well and good, but these were tough girls. They would've fought tooth and nail with their attacker. How on earth didn't anyone hear anything suspicious?
        Good point Harry
        IMO i think the ripper was a powerful man. All witnesses describe him as short and stout, one with broad shoulders. He was probably also employed in a job that involved physical labor and the evidence indicates someone who was comfortable weilding a knife.

The victims, though tough and street smart were drunk, and or sickly and or smallish and in the case of mary kelly probably also passed out, although i think tanram and nichols might have also been dozing when the ripper found them.

Add to that it was in an area where street violence and loud sounds of it were common, perhaps numbing the witnesses to it somewhat.

And of course he had the element of surprise.
        Last edited by Abby Normal; 11-01-2018, 05:10 AM.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

They would've still put up a fight when their survival instinct kicked in. Strangulation is a painful, drawn-out way to kill someone. How did none of the witnesses hear a struggle? The killer must have been proficient at choking out his victims. What can that tell us about his background?
          Its harder to yell out when your being strangled and the blood choke part of it can knock you in 20sexonds (i know this from personal experience from MMA training when applying neck choke submissions). Add to that nocking them out by baning there head against hard pavement while strangly can knock you out instantly, as well as a blow to the head with a fist. I think the ripper probably used some form of combination of these.

Also, he neednt have experience in strangulation, its a natural innate tendency to go for the throat, all predators have it. And fairly easy to apply.
          Last edited by Abby Normal; 11-01-2018, 05:09 AM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Quite simply, they were strangled and their necks slashed so badly that strangulation could not be determined completely by examining just the neck.

They nearly all have the other hallmarks of strangulation. Upturned hands in a clenched grip. Several of them with puffy faces and tongues visible. Severe bruising around their jaws including thumbprints. Nearly all the doctors examining the bodies draw inferences from these to indicate JtR had his hands there. Also, Nichols could have been punched in the jaw.

This guy, Freddie Mills, was a boxer, and a suspect in the Hammersmith nude murders.

One of the victims was missing teeth (probably not naturally).

There was boxing, legal and illegal, on the night of Tabram's murder.
            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
              Quite simply, they were strangled and their necks slashed so badly that strangulation could not be determined completely by examining just the neck.

They nearly all have the other hallmarks of strangulation. Upturned hands in a clenched grip. Several of them with puffy faces and tongues visible. Severe bruising around their jaws including thumbprints. Nearly all the doctors examining the bodies draw inferences from these to indicate JtR had his hands there. Also, Nichols could have been punched in the jaw.

This guy, Freddie Mills, was a boxer, and a suspect in the Hammersmith nude murders.

One of the victims was missing teeth (probably not naturally).

There was boxing, legal and illegal, on the night of Tabram's murder.
              Where and at what time was the nearest legal boxing event?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                Where and at what time was the nearest legal boxing event?
                The legit ones (Queensberry rules) probably held in Blue Coat Boy pub on Dorset Street and then the illegal ones on the streets and courts (no Queensberry rules).

John Reeves gives an account hearing fighting on the streets that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Its harder to yell out when your being strangled and the blood choke part of it can knock you in 20sexonds (i know this from personal experience from MMA training when applying neck choke submissions). Add to that nocking them out by baning there head against hard pavement while strangly can knock you out instantly, as well as a blow to the head with a fist. I think the ripper probably used some form of combination of these.

Also, he neednt have experience in strangulation, its a natural innate tendency to go for the throat, all predators have it. And fairly easy to apply.
                  Actually easier than that.

Stage hypnotists,if pressed,simply use thumb and one finger.

Imagine a medical officer trained before anesthetics.
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    Actually easier than that.

Stage hypnotists,if pressed,simply use thumb and one finger.

Imagine a medical officer trained before anesthetics.
                    yup. our MMA trainer to emphasize the point had us take just one hand and do it to ourselves-just the thumb and forefinger of one hand across the neck and hold there and try to count to 20 seconds. you start to pass out then and some even earlier.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• So Spock did it?

Comment

The legit ones (Queensberry rules) probably held in Blue Coat Boy pub on Dorset Street and then the illegal ones on the streets and courts (no Queensberry rules).

John Reeves gives an account hearing fighting on the streets that night.
                        Probably?

Is all fighting boxing?

Comment

So Spock did it?
                          LOL> I think Spocks method was the instantaneous nerve pinch

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                            Probably?

Is all fighting boxing?
                            MMA then. Speaking of which, in 1899 Bartitsu was very popular.

However, that's 11 years too late for JtR.

Comment

• Still think he could've used a garrote or ligature. Any trace would've been hidden by the throat slashings. That could also bring Rose Mylett into the fold as an unfinished victim.

Comment

Still think he could've used a garrote or ligature. Any trace would've been hidden by the throat slashings. That could also bring Rose Mylett into the fold as an unfinished victim.
                                Tabram?

Comment

Working...
                                X