Antisemitism as a diversionary tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
    Jack is on a roll, he has successfully cast suspicion on the Jews after the double event by killing one victim in the yard of a club known to be frequented by Jews and by getting the police to erase the graffiti in case there is an antisemitic outbreak. Plus the words themselves became quite well known. So what does he do? He lays low for over a month, [why? if he feels the heat is off him and the police are just concentrating their efforts on Jewish males who they are stopping with regularity at night]. No matter when he does kill again it turns out to be his most horrendous murder yet and he has a perfect opportunity to turn the screw even tighter against the Jewish population plus the added bonus to lead the police even further in the wrong direction by writing something like "Stop the persecution of the Jewish people" on the wall of Mary's room or sending a letter to whoever at a later date with say, a part of Kelly's clothing. But what does he do? nothing, not a single piece of evidence whatsoever which may lead to the Jewish people. Place of crime, clues purposely left, graffiti etc Does this sound like a clever killer who was trying to lead the police in the wrong direction, whether he was anti-semitic or not? Sorry, but not to my mind it doesn't.
    This is a good question and I will reflect on this more and read more.

However, IF Hutchinson is to be believed, then the mother of all Jewish looking impersonators had given him a good enough look to have done that very job and may explain why even though Hutchinson saw him face to face JtR went on to kill the woman he was with having just been identified with.

Furthermore, it may even explain why it appears the fire had burned so hot as he dumped some of that Jewish looking stuff and burnt it up to go out into the daylight looking more like the gentile he was.

I bet George Chapman could have pulled that one off. Apparently, he did impersonate Jews but was a gentile.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
      Jack is on a roll, he has successfully cast suspicion on the Jews after the double event by killing one victim in the yard of a club known to be frequented by Jews and by getting the police to erase the graffiti in case there is an antisemitic outbreak. Plus the words themselves became quite well known. So what does he do? He lays low for over a month, [why? if he feels the heat is off him and the police are just concentrating their efforts on Jewish males who they are stopping with regularity at night]. No matter when he does kill again it turns out to be his most horrendous murder yet and he has a perfect opportunity to turn the screw even tighter against the Jewish population plus the added bonus to lead the police even further in the wrong direction by writing something like "Stop the persecution of the Jewish people" on the wall of Mary's room or sending a letter to whoever at a later date with say, a part of Kelly's clothing. But what does he do? nothing, not a single piece of evidence whatsoever which may lead to the Jewish people. Place of crime, clues purposely left, graffiti etc Does this sound like a clever killer who was trying to lead the police in the wrong direction, whether he was anti-semitic or not? Sorry, but not to my mind it doesn't.
      HI DK
      if hutch was the killer it sure does. even if he wasn't he used it to bolster his fake Aman.

Comment

This is kind of leading back to a motive and not in any particular order which may or may not be:
        1. Dislike of anything Jewish
        2. Dislike of People who have anything to do with the Jewish Community
        3. Dislike of women
        4. Dislike of Women who were prostitutes
        5. Dislike of women who were prostitutes and also worked for anyone Jewish
        6. Just killed vulnerable women for the sheer pleasure and hell of it.

And I have to go with you Abby and say that Hutch was definitely using the anti-Jewish card with Aman. How else was he going to be believed, especially since everyone had Jew on their lips and in their heads? Perhaps the kidney sent to Lusk was that from a pig?
        Last edited by Busy Beaver; 10-03-2018, 01:06 PM. Reason: left something out

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post

To finish I notice this statement I said a while back goes completely unchallenged.

I have been reading about the GSG and one question put forward by proponents is where is the evidence that there was lots of anti-semitic graffiti in this area to make a random throwdown next one high probability? Is that a guess or is there evidence from photographs during the time period that this was the case?
          We have seen a number of those contemporary photo's from Whitechapel. Rough looking children & poorly dressed adults, and behind them graffiti on the walls & doorways.
          Graffiti is nothing new to our generation.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

However, IF Hutchinson is to be believed, then the mother of all Jewish looking impersonators had given him a good enough look to have done that very job and may explain why even though Hutchinson saw him face to face JtR went on to kill the woman he was with having just been identified with.
            But it isn't only an IF (Hutchinson can be believed), it is also an IF (Astrachan was the killer).
            Hutchinson could certainly have spoken the truth, but that does not mean Astrachan was the killer.

There must be 2 x IF's.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
              This is kind of leading back to a motive and not in any particular order which may or may not be:
              1. Dislike of anything Jewish
              2. Dislike of People who have anything to do with the Jewish Community
              3. Dislike of women
              4. Dislike of Women who were prostitutes
              5. Dislike of women who were prostitutes and also worked for anyone Jewish
              6. Just killed vulnerable women for the sheer pleasure and hell of it.

And I have to go with you Abby and say that Hutch was definitely using the anti-Jewish card with Aman. How else was he going to be believed, especially since everyone had Jew on their lips and in their heads? Perhaps the kidney sent to Lusk was that from a pig?
              Thanks Beav
              but what the heck does the kidney have to do with this??LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                We have seen a number of those contemporary photo's from Whitechapel. Rough looking children & poorly dressed adults, and behind them graffiti on the walls & doorways.
                Graffiti is nothing new to our generation.
                I would like to see what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Thanks Beav
                  but what the heck does the kidney have to do with this??
                  Pigs' kidneys would be pretty much taboo to Jews.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Furthermore, it may even explain why it appears the fire had burned so hot as he dumped some of that Jewish looking stuff and burnt it up to go out into the daylight looking more like the gentile he was.
                    So, he burned a Jewish disguise? Perhaps, when sifting the ashes in the grate, they were looking for the melted remains of a false nose.
                    I bet George Chapman could have pulled that one off. Apparently, he did impersonate Jews
                    Eh?
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• The letters to the Police were not anti-semitic. I feel the person responsible for them was just conjuring up fear and winding up those responsible to find the killer.

There is also a possibility that Jack hung around Jewish clubs and areas because non-Jewish prostitutes would see a Jewish man as more likely to have money, but not necessarily be willing to par-take in sexual activity. I don't think Stride was propositioning herself for sex, but more likely to be looking for a man to pay for drink and maybe give her a (small) handout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                        If you read back, I already pointed out it is not a five-minute walk for him. He is escaping a net of PCs. He appears to know their beats. This means taking his time to wait for windows of opportunity so he can move on
                        He is not escaping a net of PC's immediately after he left Mitre Square. The PC's on patrol between Mitre Square, and Goulston Street were not aware that a murder had been committed at that time. He could have traveled the short five minute walk between those two points with impunity, just like any other citizen who happened to be in that area at that time.

Your view is a modern view. My view is in the contemporary one held by the people who were there at the time.
                        As far as I know only Major Smith complained that a vital clue had been washed away with the removal of the GSG.

My view isn't that he hid just to purposely dump the apron, but that he had to hide anyway to find a window of opportunity to beat the beats

He had no need to "beat the beats". See above

Not only that but you are omitting that the very spot where he dumped the apron (and hopefully you believe that much) is a type of hiding spot. So your claim he isn't using hiding spots becomes questionable when one has been identified in this very series of events.
                        Indeed, an ideal spot to wipe the feces, and blood from his hands. After leaving Mitre Square he realised he needed to put as much space between himself and the murder scene, and after walking for five minutes he saw an opportunity in Goulston Street. He got off the street into the passageway, and wiped his hands clean with the apron. Upon leaving he threw the apron down at the entrance to the passageway.

Long was adamant it wasn't there. How do you explain how he could be so adamant? Like saying clearly it wasn't there and he is certain of it.
                        Fine, believe Long, ignore the other evidence.

The truth is the one that explains all the evidence and not just some of it. Simplifying in your version appears to mean let's make it less complex by removing evidence, IMO. That's not how parsimony works.
                        So what happens when you make up evidence to suit your theory? Not unlike you did above. You maintain that Eddowes killer needed to avoid the police patrols after leaving the murder scene, as I said that was not the case.

Comment

Long was adamant it wasn't there. How do you explain how he could be so adamant? Like saying clearly it wasn't there and he is certain of it.
                          As I've said previously, Long was paid to be a police officer, not a litter warden. I wouldn't find it at all surprising if a piece of rag discarded inside a doorway hadn't registered with him the first time round.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• How could Long be making a mistake if he has said he is adamant he checked this spot and didn't see the bloody apron?

The apron piece was right there below where that graffiti is.

How can you miss that when looking?

Another view of a spot he was checking as part of his job.

Also, aprons back then were the size of a full dress almost and even a small one would be considered big by today's domestic standards. I doubt he cut away a tiny tissue 'litter' size but a good portion to wipe a very bloody knife down to hide from staining his pocket. Almost the size of a wrap. Otherwise, what good would a little tiny thing be?

How do you miss something that size in that exact spot?... and bloody?

You would have to blind and ignorant at the same time.

The photos pretty much tell me it's near impossible to miss a bloody rag there. Especially if you are a PC. Even a trainee. It's blood in the middle of the Ripper murders. Blood + litter no biggie yeah?
                            Last edited by Batman; 10-04-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Also chalking up some Jewish area building in the wee hours of the morning isn't a bad excuse to be standing in a doorway for back then I suppose.

Just your average anti-semite looking to do a piece of graffiti before the working Jews come out in the morning. Tell the officer he is cross they sold him a lemon.

Comment

I would like to see what you mean.
                                I remember three photo's, but this is the link with hoards of late 19th century photo's.

It's finding them that takes time.

Take a look at these two pics...

The GSG was only 1.5" tall, so you wouldn't even see examples of that in these contemporary photo's.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X