This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    Well we all know that you are Living in your own world of fantasy you have just confirmed it

Go and reads Debs posts on forum

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    I already have. And I know quite well that she does not rule out murder in any way. And that is because, like me, she knows quite well that such cannot be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      In which respect?

In the respect that we cannot know that the flaps were similar?

Or in the respect we cannot know that flaps were cut away from the abdominal wall?

Like I said, I had that sinking feeling that the debate was about to go semantic.

Does one really need to mske this any simpler.

Its not about similarity or differences or where the section is cut from.

If you cut away and remove from the rest of the body a section of the abdomenial wall, it can legitmately be reffered to as a "flap".

Therefore any attack to the abdomen which resulted in a section being cut away could be by your definition said to be a link, its so wide anything can be included .

STEVE
      Last edited by Elamarna; 05-07-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Oh, you are trying the "illusions of grandeur" angle again...! Sorry, Steve, it is not a question about agreeing or not agreeing with me. It is a question of agreeing or not agreeing with the kind of logic the police employs in cases like these.
        I agree with how the police work.

But YOU seem to think you are better than them? (hint, hint; illusions of grandeur...)
        But the police never suggested the crimes were linked.

Instead of being a fisherman you should have been a red indian, they were known to speak with a forked tongue 😛

Comment

Oh, you are trying the "illusions of grandeur" angle again...! Sorry, Steve, it is not a question about agreeing or not agreeing with me. It is a question of agreeing or not agreeing with the kind of logic the police employs in cases like these.
          I agree with how the police work.

But YOU seem to think you are better than them? (hint, hint; illusions of grandeur...)
          what you have said completely displays "delusions of grandeur "

The police make mistakes, always have always will, to try and hide behind such makes it even worse.

Its really very simple, any researcher in serious academia who made such comments as:

"But basically, if you beleive in two killers, you ARE biased or ignorant. I could lie about it, I suppose, to ease the pain - but
          "

would undoubtedly be shunned by their peers, and rightly so as they display no respect for other views.

Steve
          Last edited by Elamarna; 05-07-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

If you cut away and remove from the rest of the body a section of the abdomenial wall, it can legitmately be reffered to as a "flap".

Therefore any attack to the abdomen which resulted in a section being cut away could be by your definition said to be a link, its so wide anything can be included .

STEVE
            Ive always refrained from the ‘flap’ issue so im glad to hear my ‘layman’ doubts voiced by Steve.
            How many ways are there to ‘damage’ the walls of an abdomen? Surely, when setting out to cause all manner of internal carnage, some damage to the walls is likely? Why talk as if this is some kind of ‘done deal’ signature?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• . But basically, if you beleive in two killers, you ARE biased or ignorant. I could lie about it, I suppose, to ease the pain - but why would I?
              So please refrain from the continual ‘hurt feelings’ ploy when people disagree with you.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• . I did, yes. There is what seemingly is a common factor behind the appearances of the victims. It has to do with the inspiration grounds for the deeds, and I find it quite compelling myself.

That, however, was never a guarantee that others would be swayed in equal degree
                Does it have anything to do with Lechmere?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  Does it have anything to do with Lechmere?
                  No. Lechmere is a candidate, of course, not least on account of his age (most fall away with the 1873 victim, whereas others, like Tumblety, do so with the later victims), but the factor I am referring to is in no way tied to Lechmere.

Actually, I much prefer not to bring Lechmere into the discussion of the Ripper/Torso series.

Comment

So please refrain from the continual ‘hurt feelings’ ploy when people disagree with you.
                    When people disagree with me in a less hurtful way, that will happen. As of now, I am being called idiot for not agreeing.

Comment

STEVE
                      Steve, if you cannot stand the contemporarily used "flap", then by all means use another word. Say, for example, that sections of the abdominal wall with subcutaneous tissue were cut away from the abdominal walls of these three women.

The outcome is the same: it is extremly rare and therefore a connection between the series. One of many, I might say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        But the police never suggested the crimes were linked.

Instead of being a fisherman you should have been a red indian, they were known to speak with a forked tongue 😛

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        Actually, the indians were the ones saying "White man speaks with a forked tongue".

So - surprise, surprise - it is once again the other way around, Trevor.

Comment

When people disagree with me in a less hurtful way, that will happen. As of now, I am being called idiot for not agreeing.
                          Ive never called you an idiot Fish.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

what you have said completely displays "delusions of grandeur "

The police make mistakes, always have always will, to try and hide behind such makes it even worse.

Its really very simple, any researcher in serious academia who made such comments as:

"But basically, if you beleive in two killers, you ARE biased or ignorant. I could lie about it, I suppose, to ease the pain - but
                            "

would undoubtedly be shunned by their peers, and rightly so as they display no respect for other views.

Steve
                            If I told you that the world was flat - would you respect it?

The police make mistakes, yes - but it is not a mistake on their behalf to say that far-reaching similarities inbetween cases point to a connection.

In some cases, the police will overrate either the similarities or the dissimilarities and reach the wrong conclusion. But when there are as many similarities as is the case now, one would have to forgive them if they opted for one killer and got it wrong - they would have used all the ampirical knowledge at hand and they WOULD have opted for the logical and better solution.

Comment

Ive always refrained from the ‘flap’ issue so im glad to hear my ‘layman’ doubts voiced by Steve.
                              How many ways are there to ‘damage’ the walls of an abdomen? Surely, when setting out to cause all manner of internal carnage, some damage to the walls is likely? Why talk as if this is some kind of ‘done deal’ signature?
                              It is not collateral damage we are speaking of. It is about the intentional cutting away of large sections of the abdominal wall, Herlock.

Comment

Ive never called you an idiot Fish.
                                And I have never called YOU one. And we would both be wrong if we did.

I didn´t say that you did call me an idiot - but it has been done nevertheless.
                                Last edited by Fisherman; 05-07-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X