Did Bury write Openshaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
    Like Jeff, I am not qualified in this area, but my handwriting has always been cursive, and I have to agree with his assessments. The only similarity that I am seeing is in that they are all cursive. Beware the dreaded cognitive bias. Were a Bury advocate shown these samples as having been written by Druitt his conclusions may be entirely different.

Cheers, George
    Yes true, all cursive, but as below there is something about Bury's handwriting that lends itself to comparisons with From Hell and Openshaw that definitely isn't the case with the other letters, such as Dear Boss. Doesn't prove he wrote them but interesting nonetheless. Jeff has picked out the fine differences but I remain unconvinced that someone couldn't alter these without too much difficulty, esp given Bury's background in writing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ss.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	785242

Click image for larger version  Name:	buryp.png Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	785243

harsh invasive letters (+ wonder whose face he is imagining under that crossing out?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	invasive.png Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	785244
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Yes true, all cursive, but as below there is something about Bury's handwriting that lends itself to comparisons with From Hell and Openshaw that definitely isn't the case with the other letters, such as Dear Boss. Doesn't prove he wrote them but interesting nonetheless. Jeff has picked out the fine differences but I remain unconvinced that someone couldn't alter these without too much difficulty, esp given Bury's background in writing.

Click image for larger version Name:	Ss.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	785242

Click image for larger version Name:	buryp.png Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	785243

harsh invasive letters (+ wonder whose face he is imagining under that crossing out?)

Click image for larger version Name:	invasive.png Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	785244
      lost the Ms for some reason from the original

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms.png
Views:	201
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	785287

Comment

Working...
      X