No announcement yet.

Time-gap between Eddowes murder and Goulston Graffito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody gotten around to explaining why the apron corner was still wet with blood some seventy minutes after Edowes was killed?

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

• territory

Hello Natasha.

"Maybe P.C Long, had something to do with it, the time scale don't add up so it's a possibility."

Of course, Kate was killed in the City of London patch, Long was policing Met territory. Would he have known so soon?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Natasha.

"Maybe P.C Long, had something to do with it, the time scale don't add up so it's a possibility."

Of course, Kate was killed in the City of London patch, Long was policing Met territory. Would he have known so soon?

Cheers.
        LC
        Hi Lynn

I think this because of the time discrepancies, if Long or/and someone working with him possibly another policeman and they did have something to do with it and had to make up a story to cover their tracks that could explain why there was a gap in the timing

Maybe the time at which he/they 'discovered' the apron/body at, was much earlier/later

I am not 100% convinced on my own theory
        but I don't think the killer wrote the GSG, which is why I'm questioning who else could have written it

Comment

• alibi

Hello Natasha. Thanks.

So far as I know, only one officer was at BOTH Mitre sq and Goulston. That was Daniel Halse. But he seems in company with others whilst at Mitre.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Is anyone interested in starting a thread on PC Long, the apron, and the GSG with no restrictions?

Perhaps some of us are guilty of hijacking this thread (as Caz has rightly pointed out) and got off topic so for that I apologize especially to JTRSickert.

146 pages in the other thread is a lot to handle for anyone. Let's start fresh?
            I see value in it, if others do as well then let's do it?

Cheers
            DRoy

Comment

• Hi DRoy,

Personally I don't feel the need.
              I've read Trevor Marriott.

Comment

• Oh my god David...you poor chap...I really didn't know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  Has anybody gotten around to explaining why the apron corner was still wet with blood some seventy minutes after Edowes was killed?
                  It was already wet anyway when the murderer decided to use it? Kind of a damp night.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                    forgive me if someone else has suggested the following, but there are alot of messages on ere

Could the GSG be connected to Liz Strides' murder?
                    The fact that there are club members living in those Model homes does make one wonder about a connection Natasha, but its my understanding that that location was also significant to local jews as a gathering point for marches and protests.

If the GSG was to try and suggest that the murderer of Kate Eddowes, as the cloth verifies, seems to feel that Jews will evade blame for something they bear guilt in, then I would say it refers directly to Berner Street. Since the senior staff at the club were suggesting openly that this womans murder was "another" in a series of unsolved murders in the area, they could be considered as attempting to cast blame away from the club.

I think the idea has merit myself, but I doubt many others would see it our way.

You make some great contributions to discussions Natasha, keep it up.

Cheers
                    Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                      The fact that there are club members living in those Model homes does make one wonder about a connection
                      That is worth wondering about. The club members who were at the club when Stride was found killed outside, were all kept back in the club by the police and then searched and questioned which inadvertently gave them all an alibi for the Eddowes murder.

However, the killer could have no idea that the police would instigate this clampdown if he was judging from the previous murder scenes . If the killer was attempting to incriminate someone from the club who lived on Goulston st, then this plan would appear to be a valid strategy, yet, it was doomed to failure from the off.

Comment

The fact that there are club members living in those Model homes does make one wonder...
                        ...whether Jack knew their addresses? Unlikely, I'd have thought.

Seriously, though - unless I've missed something - is it a fact that Berner Street Club members lived in Wentworth Model Dwellings?
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          Oh my god David...you poor chap...I really didn't know...
                          Never knew it would hurt you so much mate.
                          Let me light a cigarillo and have another Bowmore.

Comment

• Now, coming on top of the Trevor reference, that's really rubbing it in!

God Bless

Dave

Comment

The fact that there are club members living in those Model homes does make one wonder about a connection Natasha, but its my understanding that that location was also significant to local jews as a gathering point for marches and protests.

If the GSG was to try and suggest that the murderer of Kate Eddowes, as the cloth verifies, seems to feel that Jews will evade blame for something they bear guilt in, then I would say it refers directly to Berner Street. Since the senior staff at the club were suggesting openly that this womans murder was "another" in a series of unsolved murders in the area, they could be considered as attempting to cast blame away from the club.

I think the idea has merit myself, but I doubt many others would see it our way.

You make some great contributions to discussions Natasha, keep it up.

Cheers
                              Hi Michael

Thank you

It appears the killer(s) had some grievance with the Jews, the obvious would be the amount of poverty and lack of opportunities. The Struggle for British inhabitants to endure would be having to compete for jobs, share the already overcrowded East End etc. It appeared that the Jews were financially secure judging by the business s etc they owned. The GSG seems to be hinting at a kind of diplomatic immunity that the Jews appeared to have, which obviously infuriated British inhabitants of the East End. Liz's murder may have been to demonstrate a protest against admittance of the Jews to this already overcrowded area. It could a good reason why this GSG was written, if written by the killer.

Comment

• G'day Natasha

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
                                Hi Michael

Thank you

It appears the killer(s) had some grievance with the Jews, the obvious would be the amount of poverty and lack of opportunities. The Struggle for British inhabitants to endure would be having to compete for jobs, share the already overcrowded East End etc. It appeared that the Jews were financially secure judging by the business s etc they owned. The GSG seems to be hinting at a kind of diplomatic immunity that the Jews appeared to have, which obviously infuriated British inhabitants of the East End. Liz's murder may have been to demonstrate a protest against admittance of the Jews to this already overcrowded area. It could a good reason why this GSG was written, if written by the killer.
                                But any grievance against Jews is only supportable IF the killer wrote GSG.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X