Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Pierre;379208]
    Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Great, Steve. I can just imagine what you would have thought and said if I had given you all that nonsense.

Regards, Pierre
    Pierre

That is my considered response to the post #58.

As long as there are posts which are like that I will respond to them, no matter who posts them.

Its not about the posters, its about the content of the posts.
    If there are mistakes, failings or attempts to mislead, be they intentional or not, I will point these out.

Its called debate.

And I expect others to do the same in return.

In post #51 of this thread, Observer, rightly pointed out that what I had posted earlier on the thread was itself wrong, having read the post I put my hands up to the fact.

It is a pity that such a response is not universal.

Steve

Comment

2. The GSG, there is nothing I have ever read which convinces me that the GSG was written by the same person who dropped the apron. one assume this person was also the killer.
      I agree there is circumstantial evidence, but I feel it is no more compelling than the view that the GSG was written before the murders, is anti-Semitic graffiti and not linked to the killings in anyway.
      If the killer knew of the grafitti, there's a link to the murders. I am pretty sure the killer didn't write it just as I'm pretty sure he knew of its existence beforehand.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

[QUOTE=Elamarna;379212]
        Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Pierre

That is my considered response to the post #58.

As long as there are posts which are like that I will respond to them, no matter who posts them.

Its not about the posters, its about the content of the posts.
        If there are mistakes, failings or attempts to mislead, be they intentional or not, I will point these out.

Its called debate.

And I expect others to do the same in return.

In post #51 of this thread, Observer, rightly pointed out that what I had posted earlier on the thread was itself wrong, having read the post I put my hands up to the fact.

It is a pity that such a response is not universal.

Steve

Yep, be nice if more people were prepared to say "Oops got that one wrong didn't I"
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
          If the killer knew of the grafitti, there's a link to the murders. I am pretty sure the killer didn't write it just as I'm pretty sure he knew of its existence beforehand.

Mike
          That is certainly a different take on the subject, one I have not considered, the only issue i can see is how look would it have remained unsmudged for?
          Certainly not to be dismissed without consideration.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Tecs View Post
            Dear all,

Thanks for the replies.

The truth is we could debate the GSG forever and still end up back where we started.

One point to note though is the idea that the killer would not hang around unneccessarily writing nonsense on a wall when his life depended on it.

But it seems that he did exactly that, in a tighter spot at Mitre Square when he inflicted the totally unneccessary cuts on Catherine's face, eyelids nicked through etc. If you consider that, then his hanging around the wall writing the message perhaps was not that dangerous if he felt that in a moment he could throw the chalk away and walk off unconnected to the graffiti. Or quickly enter one of the nearby doors? And didn't one of Kosminski's relatives allegedly live in one?

regards,
            If the GSG was made by Jack, and if PC Long was right, it could be assumed that Jack lived very close to where the graffiti was found. I don't believe Jack stayed outside for 70 minutes with part of a bloody apron and a knife, and maybe a human kidney.

He went home, cleaned himself and then got out again, with a piece a chalk and the apron, and made sure Long wasn't about to show up.

That is, of course, if Jack wrote it, and if Long is true about not seeing it before.
            Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
            - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

If I could be proven Jack wrote the GSG what would it tell us about Jack? That he was either Jewish or not. I doubt the GSG was written by Jack and even if it was it tells us nothing. Thus all the pontification about the GSG is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                If I could be proven Jack wrote the GSG what would it tell us about Jack? That he was either Jewish or not. I doubt the GSG was written by Jack and even if it was it tells us nothing. Thus all the pontification about the GSG is a waste of time.
                Hi John

that maybe the best comment, posted on the thread, if not certainly one of them.

Steve

Comment

Hi John

that maybe the best comment, posted on the thread, if not certainly one of them.

Steve
                  Thanks Steve

Cheers John

Comment

I agree that whether the Ripper wrote the GSG or n ot, there is little we can interpret from it with any certainty.

However, I would want to know if he wrote it for another reason: Was he the sort of killer who actively chose to communicate with the surrounding society or not?

Comment

This is pure speculation so I will just throw it out there. If the killer knew of the existence of the GSG beforehand, could he have used it as a landmark in order to retrieve the apron at a later time?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                        This is pure speculation so I will just throw it out there. If the killer knew of the existence of the GSG beforehand, could he have used it as a landmark in order to retrieve the apron at a later time?

c.d.
                        Michael suggested the same idea, or at least the same sort of thing, post # 62 I think.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

c.d.
                          Doesn't seem like much of a landmark, since PC Long noticed the bloody apron piece first and only spotted the writing when searching for other signs of murder.

Comment

I was thinking of the apartment building itself as the landmark.

c.d.

Comment

Ah, in that case apologies, I misunderstood.

Comment

That is, of course, if Jack wrote it, and if Long is true about not seeing it before.
                                And if Long made his previous visit at the time that he said he did.
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X