Comment

• Hullo Lynn.

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Trevor.

"To many people trying to fit square pegs into round holes."

Hmm, microcosm of the entire WCM.

Cheers.
      LC
      To be more accurate, people are trying to fit undetermined shaped pegs into undetermined shaped holes. Are there are plenty of hammers about. Some dynamite too.
      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Jon. Thanks.

"It stopped raining in Duke St at 1.34"

Indeed? Can you direct me to this? We know that Lawende and co went to the club on account of the rain, and when they left, it was NOT raining. But do we know when it had stopped?

Cheers.
        LC
        Testimony of Lewande -

I reside at No. 45, Norfolk-road, Dalston, and am a commercial traveller. On the night of Sept. 29, I was at the Imperial Club, Duke-street, together with Mr. Joseph Levy and Mr. Harry Harris. It was raining, and we sat in the club till half-past one o'clock, when we left.

And

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hullo Lynn.

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Christer. Thanks.

"it would be a different matter to do so at around 2.30 instead of doing it in immediate connection with the deed. I think you may agree with that?"

We DO agree--at that time it would make no sense at all.

Cheers.
          LC
          Well if the murderer had a place close by, it makes more sense to go there first and drop off your spoils then go back out to deposit the apron. If that was the intent with the apron that is. Not having a large knife and two organs on you greatly reduces the risk of being apprehended if you are intent on leaving clues about. And he could have tossed the apron at any moment if he was moving about carefully. This makes at least some sense, does it not? It's not nearly as daring as commiting the murder itself.
          Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
            Well if the murderer had a place close by, it makes more sense to go there first and drop off your spoils then go back out to deposit the apron. If that was the intent with the apron that is. Not having a large knife and two organs on you greatly reduces the risk of being apprehended if you are intent on leaving clues about. And he could have tossed the apron at any moment if he was moving about carefully. This makes at least some sense, does it not? It's not nearly as daring as commiting the murder itself.
            What you suggest is what I think he may have done; gone to his working place at Pickfords, drop the innards off, wash up, and then he went out again to get rid of the apron, some distance away from his job.

If this was the case, the suggestion that he used the apron piece as a container becomes a very tempting one.

I also think that his dropping the apron piece in a doorway carries significance - if he had just dropped it out in the open street, he could get unlucky and have somebody turning a corner, seeing what he did. Inside the doorway, he would be sure that his dropping the rag would be seen by noone. And much as the spot chosen lies between Mitre Square and Doveton Street, the police would have to travel very far east to find his dwellings, so it was a pretty safe move.

The best,
            Fisherman

Comment

• Worked on a Sunday huh?

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hullk Fisherman.

Thanks. Now, if he had his own storage for the organs and then wrapped the apron around that, might that explain the blood etc of the apron? A spot wet with blood. The portion of the apron at the bottom of the first thing the organs were put into. Whatcha think? Ludicrous?
                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Hullo Lynn.

I think we are concurrent to a point. I want to make sure I am clear where it deviates. Murderer took apron away. Apron was not deposited until much later. Here it is. You say the murderer did not deposit the apron. Another did. Correct?
                  Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
                    Thanks. Now, if he had his own storage for the organs and then wrapped the apron around that, might that explain the blood etc of the apron? A spot wet with blood. The portion of the apron at the bottom of the first thing the organs were put into. Whatcha think? Ludicrous?
                    Worst than ludicrous !

When does your home leave expire ?

Comment

• Hi All,

Ripperology enjoys statistics. Ask Colin Roberts.

To date, this thread comprises a total of 176 posts, contributed by 15 posters [inc me].

Over a period of two days nobody has become any the wiser or been any better informed.

So what is the point of this thread?

Regards,

Simon
                      Last edited by Simon Wood; 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM. Reason: spolling mistook
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hullo Trevor.

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Worst than ludicrous !

When does your home leave expire ?
                        I know you are of the opinion the organs were not removed by the murderer. But be so kind as to induldge me for a moment. If the murderer DID take the organs away, what did he do with them whilst he travelled?
                        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Hullo Simon.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                          Hi All,

Ripperology enjoys statistics. Ask Colin Roberts.

This thread comprises a total of 176 posts, contributed by 15 posters [inc me].

Over a period of two days nobody has become any the wiser or been any better informed.

So what is the point of this thread?

Regards,

Simon
                          I have actually gained something from this thread. So you are incorrect. Feel free to enlighten me further. I am serious.
                          Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Hi DALDW,

What exactly have you gained?

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hullo Monty.

My feathers are fine.
                              Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Working...
                              X