Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz

Hello Christer. Thanks for that.

But I wonder when Long found out about Liz?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Christer. Thanks for that.

But I wonder when Long found out about Liz?

Cheers.
      LC
      So do I - but I found it somewhat immaterial in relation to Elīs question; the main thing would have been that Long knew that a murder had been perpetrated that night.

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

• thanks Lynn.

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        But there is no good reason to hold on to it. It should be discarded when finished.
        I wouldn't know about holding onto things after killing someone, I have absolutely no idea how I would act or behave after committing murder.

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        To illustrate. You have a runny nose and find a tissue. Do you:

1. Look for a dust bin in which to discard it?

or

2. Hold it in your palm and play with it for a quarter hour?
        I've never blown my nose into a tissue and considered what to do with said tissue following murdering someone. I might look for bin, I might not. I might discard, I might keep it on my person. In either case, I'm probably in no sane frame of mind to do either. Given the many possible apprehensions of the ripper it's rather difficult to guess either way.

Comment

• either

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"the main thing would have been that Long knew that a murder had been perpetrated that night."

Right. And if he knew of Liz, then Thomas may be suggesting that Long was extra alert.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"the main thing would have been that Long knew that a murder had been perpetrated that night."

Right. And if he knew of Liz, then Thomas may be suggesting that Long was extra alert.

Cheers.
            LC
            Hmm? Iīm not sure that knowing about Liz would have made Long extra alert. I should think that knowing that a woman had been killed, Ripper style (which Stride arguably wasnīt to the full extent) a stoneīs throw away some time earlier would have sufficed...?

The best,
            Fisherman

Comment

• natural

Hello Thomas. Thanks.

"I wouldn't know about holding onto things after killing someone, I have absolutely no idea how I would act or behave after committing murder."

But murder is not my point. I am suggesting that it is natural to discard something immediately when that item has been used to wipe/contain bodily fluids.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• likely

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"Hmm? I'm not sure that knowing about Liz would have made Long extra alert."

Well, seems quite possible.

Perhaps more to the point, if he were extra alert, would he not be LESS likely to have missed the apron piece?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"Hmm? I'm not sure that knowing about Liz would have made Long extra alert."

Well, seems quite possible.

Perhaps more to the point, if he were extra alert, would he not be LESS likely to have missed the apron piece?

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Wouldnīt argue with that, Lynn.

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

I am suggesting that it is natural to discard something immediately when that item has been used to wipe/contain bodily fluids.

Cheers.
                    LC
                    That seems very convincing - at first glance. But once we realize that such a dumping would - given that it was not done by the body - have implied in which direction the killer took off, we may have identified a good reason to hang on to the rag.
                    Dumping it in Goulston Street more than an hour afterwards would have entailed much less risk.

The best,
                    Fisherman

Comment

I am suggesting that it is natural to discard something immediately when that item has been used to wipe/contain bodily fluids.
                      Hello again Lynn. I understood your point before, but I was challenging again with the point that would one be in a rational mindset to 'naturally' behave following committing murder most foul? Could just as easily have placed the apron in a pocket without really thinking about it in the heat of the moment mid escape.

I'm not convinced one would act rationally or naturally following the aftermath of such events. You might be following out a premeditated plan of predetermined steps/moves you'd distinguished prior to the murder. Yet, would you behave in a 'normal' way whilst carrying out a well planned escape all the time whilst trying to stick to that plan. Not sure about that whatsoever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Note the apron piece was also described as also being wet now how did it get wet under the archway?
                        Did it get wet under the archway (sic) ?

The apron became wet when Eddowes was walking around in it when it was raining.

Comment

• losing labour

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"But once we realize that such a dumping would - given that it was not done by the body - have implied in which direction the killer took off, we may have identified a good reason to hang on to the rag."

We may indeed. But, given the eventual dumping at Goulston, might it not be love's labour lost?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• no planning

Hello Thomas. Thanks.

But my point is that this is not a planned event.

Try this. When was the last time you tied your shoes after asking, "Let's see now, how does that go again?"

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• rain, rain, go away. . .

Hello Jon. When did it stop raining? Where was Kate at the time?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

It stopped raining in Duke St at 1.34
                                When it stopped raining Eddowes was seen standing at the entrance to Church Passage.
                                Last edited by Jon Guy; 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X