The Halse version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

villains

Hello Simon. You mean he even eclipses Snidely Whiplash? Drat.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

can't say those words.

Hello Caroline. I forgive you; George Carlin forgives you.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Yep, even though Snidely Whiplash wore a cloak and top hat, like Doc Ripper.

Dudley Do-Right, handsome defender of justice, would have solved the WM in a heartbeat.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi Lynn,

Yep, even though Snidely Whiplash wore a cloak and top hat, like Doc Ripper.

Dudley Do-Right, handsome defender of justice, would have solved the WM in a heartbeat.

Regards,

Simon
          Dudley Do-Right came within a (horse) hair of catching Jack, but his horse "Horse" was startled by the bloodshed, interupting Jack, who made good his escape. This was revealed in a long-lost episode of the cartoon, in which Dudley went undercover for the Home Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            Oooh errr. Looking forward to reading your magnum opus, Simon.
            I've see many posts from Simon making the claim Jack as a sole killer is a myth, he never exsisted yet I have not seen one with supporting evidence.

As Scroobious Pip once said "Throw enough $hit at the wall and some of it will stick but make no mistake your walls still covered in $hit".

I'd wait with baited breath if it wasn't for the fact I'd pass out.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi Monty,

Scroobious Pip, eh? The well-known hip-hop Ripperologists, no less.

Don't worry, pal, I'll resuscitate you when it's all over and safe to come out.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Take a gander at this.

Hello Neil. Well, I've never seen a shred of evidence that it was one.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Thank Christ for Google eh Simon?

He isn't a well know Ripperologist, though does live in the area. I guess that's why he has a better grasp on the case than some.

Please don't bother, my notes read "please do no resuscitate". I had it placed in there should Marriotts theories ever become accepted as mainstream.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

new prime suspect

Hello Neil. Hmm, not well known; lives in the area? Oh no! A local unknown!

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

Cheers.
                      LC
                      MO, victimology, location, body position, wounds.

I guess you're right Lynn.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

Facts

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        MO, victimology, location, body position, wounds.

I guess you're right Lynn.

Monty

Monty, you're introducing evidence and facts onto a forum where both are subordinate to speculation. You're right, of course, but you won't be popular with some.

Yours Aye, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          I've see many posts from Simon making the claim Jack as a sole killer is a myth, he never exsisted yet I have not seen one with supporting evidence.

As Scroobious Pip once said "Throw enough $hit at the wall and some of it will stick but make no mistake your walls still covered in $hit".

I'd wait with baited breath if it wasn't for the fact I'd pass out.

Monty
                          Is there any evidence that Jack threw faecal matter on the wall during or after the Eddows murder, either at the scene or near the Ghoulston Street Grafitti? If so, did it stick?

Just kidding . . .

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

Cheers.
                            LC
                            Bridewell,

Popular? Pop-u-lar?

Nope, sorry, no idea what that word means.

DB,

You're too late, Trevor Marriott has already claimed it happened.

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                              That's partly the reason why I don't see this small, neat, legible and complete sentence as the work of your average graffiti artist. This was no 'scribble'.

That's certainly not how modern graffiti artists work, but is it true of their 19th century equivalents? I don't know

Another point is that all the words are spelled in correct English apart from 'Juwes'. How likely is it that any Jew who could write English as well as that would not be able (or willing) to spell the word 'Jews' correctly? Unless perhaps it was a Jew pretending to be a Gentile? Now that's a suggestion I don't recall seeing before.

Nor me. It's a good point, but would a Jew pretending to be a Gentile not choose a more obviously Gentile site than the stairway to a tenement inhabited predominantly by Jews?

The meaning, as ever, depends much on what the individual would like it to mean.

And upon who wrote it. If not the killer, can it have any relevance at all?

I wonder if Don Rumbelow still thinks the killer wrote it. He did a few years back when I was on his walk.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              As for the meaning, the Halse version is the only one which could make sense of Robert D'Onston Stevenson's "Juives" theory. (Tee hee!)

Regardless of whether or not the killer actually wrote it, the fact that the wording is still subject of debate 123 years after the event is testament to the stupidity of Warren & Arnold in having it erased before it could be photographed. We know (Walter Dew) that such graffiti was commonplace, so why the haste in removing this particular example, if it was, indeed, unconnected? It was IMHO sheer stupidity to assume as they did, that the writing was not connected, when there was even a faint possibility that it might be. There is also no point in doing so to prevent the stirring of anti-semitic feelings when both versions were brought to the attention of the public during the Eddowes inquest a few days later. I see no difficulty in screening the script from view, photographing it and then erasing it before it was seen. A probationer fresh out of training school would see this decision as
                              monumentally stupid, and would be entirely right in so doing.

Sorry, that became more of a rant than I originally intended!
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

He groaned deeply in his spirit.

Hello Neil. Victimology? Oh please.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X