The meaning of the GSG wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Moonbegger,

A freemason who scribbles cryptic messages in tiny cramped chalked writing on the entrance to a block of flats?

A freemason who uses backslang when communicating with other freemasons?

The choice of coroner was dependent on the location of the body, not whether or not the particular coroner was, or was not, a freemason.

Most people have put the masonic conspiracy theories and anagrams in the rubbish bin, where they belong a long time ago. I'm certainly not going to get them out again, thanks.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Most people have put the masonic conspiracy theories and anagrams in the rubbish bin, where they belong a long time ago. I'm certainly not going to get them out again, thanks.
      Don't sugar-coat it, jus' tell it like it is!

Jon
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Really do wish people would read my post before commening
        ie.. " Not saying this is backslang", " Maybe acomplice scribbled on wall "
        oh yeah .. Coroner at Mary Kelly was ?

There's none so blind as those who will not see

Regards Moonbegger

Comment

• Not Saying

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
          Really do wish people would read my post before commening
          ie.. " Not saying this is backslang", " Maybe acomplice scribbled on wall "

Regards Moonbegger
          Moonbegger.

I did read your post. You had already speculated that the graffito might have been re-arranged as "Nothing are the men that will not be blamed for the Juwes". (i.e. "the Juwes" & "Nothing" have changed places). You then say that backslang is when the first and last words in a sentence are swapped. You did add that you weren't saying this was backslang, but if this isn't backslang, what is it and, more to the point, why would JtR switch the words round?

Roderick Macdonald.MP who was the coroner for north-east Middlesex. The presiding coroner was determined by the location of the body. In the case of MJK, Roderick was the coroner because her body was taken to the mortuary in Shoreditch, not Whitechapel. This may conflict with someone's conspiracy theory, but that's the truth of it.

Quite.

Regards, Bridewell.
          Last edited by Bridewell; 04-01-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Hi Folks ..i have a question , is it the assumption of most, that it was pure coincidence that Catherine Eddows gave her name as Mary Ann Kelly at the police station , and was it also just coincidence or unbelievable luck on behalf of the killer that he was able to murder Catherine Eddows , tear hear apart , remove her organs , in the darkest corner of the square , the second PC watkins left the square , then make a clean escape only seconds before PC watkins returned 15 mins later , bearing in mind a doctor stated the mutilations on the body would have taken at least 20 minutes to perform ? was he really the most lucky killer of all time ? its a shame the lottery wasn't around then , he would have won every week

cheers ,

moonbegger.

Comment

• Hi MB - Unfortunately Mary Kelly was just about the commonest pseudonym given at this time by Whitechapel unfortunates when arrested...your timing issues have already (as you know) been raised on the Double Event thread to which you've posted...otherwise I'd subscribe to your lottery entry!

Best wishes

Dave

Comment

• Kelly

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                Hi MB - Unfortunately Mary Kelly was just about the commonest pseudonym given at this time by Whitechapel unfortunates when arrested...your timing issues have already (as you know) been raised on the Double Event thread to which you've posted...otherwise I'd subscribe to your lottery entry!

Best wishes

Dave
                Kelly was also the name of the man with whom Eddowes had been living for the previous seven years, so it's a surname she may have used on occasions.

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

• I believe Mary Kelly was the name of John Kelly's ex-wife, so Catherine probably got a kick out of putting her name in the police rolls.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    I believe Mary Kelly was the name of John Kelly's ex-wife, so Catherine probably got a kick out of putting her name in the police rolls.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    Quite often the Police didn't charge drunks, and especially drunk women, as they knew they couldn't afford the fines. So releasing them frees up the magistrates courts.

This may be something Kate was aware of (as she gave her name at time of release she was most certainly aware she wasn't being charged) so she just gave a false name.

In my opinion.

Monty
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• What's in a name?

More to the point Mary Kelly may just've been a name that Mary Kelly used

Dave

Comment

• yup

Hello Bridewell.

"Kelly was also the name of the man with whom Eddowes had been living for the previous seven years, so it's a surname she may have used on occasions. "

Almost certainly.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Mary Ann

Hello Tom.

"I believe Mary Kelly was the name of John Kelly's ex-wife, so Catherine probably got a kick out of putting her name in the police rolls."

Didn't know that. And actually, I found a Mary Ann Kelly just to the north of John and Kate. Friends?

But whatever, an easy name to give.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Mary

Hello Neil.

"This may be something Kate was aware of (as she gave her name at time of release she was most certainly aware she wasn't being charged) so she just gave a false name."

And Mary is not unlike John--very common; very popular. Easy to recall.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Mary Kelly

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Neil.

"This may be something Kate was aware of (as she gave her name at time of release she was most certainly aware she wasn't being charged) so she just gave a false name."

And Mary is not unlike John--very common; very popular. Easy to recall.

Cheers.
                              LC
                              As Mary Kelly seems to have been a popular alias used by prostitutes in Spitalfields & Whitechapel....is it any wonder we can't trace the history of a "Mary Kelly" who lived at 13 Millers Court - and whose nicknames included Fair Emma?

Regards, Bridewell

Comment

• name

Hello Bridewell. Well, not if we are looking for that name.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X