Another Graffiti Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Graffiti Theory

Hey y'all. I was recently trying to think of another topic to discuss and suddenly, another Goulston St. theory popped into my head and I needed to write it down before I forgot about it. I am not saying this scenario is what happened or that it is even likely, I'm just guessing and I do not think it can be proven or disproven. Here is my new theory: Kate's body was discovered at around 1:45am in the morning and PC Long doesn't discover the apron and the graffito until 2:50am. That leaves a window of a little over an hour between these 2 events. So, just what if....shortly after the murder is reported in Mitre Square, an innocent bystander is walking along, hears about the murder and he himself is not too far from the scene of the crime. This man is angry for some reason, particularly against the jewish community. As he is walking, he spots on the ground a piece of the bloody apron. Since he is already pissed off, he uses this opportunity to put heat back on the Jews. He takes the apron, walks down Goulston St., conveniently and deliberately tosses it into the archway of the Wentworth Model Dwellings (where he knows a lot of Jews live) and proceeds to write the graffito on the wall, thinking that when the police find it, the Jews will once again feel the heat esp. since the apron was found in a heavily Jewish-dominated tenement house.

What this theory surmises is that JTR not only had nothing to do with the graffito writing but also with where the apron was found as well. If a total stranger picked up the apron and then deposited it into the Wentworth building, then that means that we have no idea which direction Jack fled to after committing the murder in Mitre Square.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Hi JTR,

Possible? Yes. Probable? I'm afraid not. The man would have to know that a piece of the apron was taken and then have the extreme good fortune to come across it. Of course, he would also have to have the wherewithall to associate it with the murder as opposed to assuming it was just another piece of street garbage.

No harm in trying though. That's what I do...run 'em up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes.

c.d.

Comment

Hi JTR, c.d.,
      Have to agree with c.d. here, as it would be really dark in that porchway, the chances of seeing a bloodied piece of apron anyway, without a lamp of some sort, would be small.

Just one thing though. Didn't I see somewhere that colours under the light of the old lamps were indistinguishable because of the greenish hue given off? i.e, we wouldn't, walking along, see red (as in blood)? (it was re Hutchinson and the red coloured stone)
      I think I read somewhere that red under these conditions is more brown-like? Could be wrong though. Just a thought.

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Bloody Apron..............

Yeah guys, I find the 'other than JtR' theories about the apron to be
        a bit of a reach. There's some doozies out there; dogs, cats, giant rats
        (Oh, I think the rat just ate the organs!), "Kotex", passers by etc....I think, as
        often in mathematics or engineering, the simplest solution is often the
        best. JtR was probably carrying the cloth for whatever reason...(cleaning
        the knife, wiping his hands, carrying organs); they've all been thrown out
        there. At some point he realized 'oh I'm getting close to home', I must get
        rid of this thing. As for the graffito, he either saw it and thought this
        is a good place to drop or perhaps he had even seen it earlier or maybe he
        wrote it. Whatever the case, he probably got some glee out of the confusion
        it would cause.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X