X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Good question, CD.

I can think of two possible reasons.
    Firstly, he was a homicidal nut with an ungovernable temper, or he had already killed Stride when he noticed Schwartz alongside him.
    Hello Jon,

I think the police would have questioned Schwartz quite closely as to whether or not Stride was still alive when he ran off. Since the police report discusses the possibility of a killer other than B.S. man, it would seem pretty evident that Schwartz was convinced she was still alive at that point.

c.d

Comment

• It might be worth mentioning that Schwartz`s police statement no longer exists, and the police version we use as source material is actually Swanson`s summary of the 19th.

Is Swanson working closely to the police statement when compiling his summary ?

Would he spell Ellen Street incorrectly as Helen Street if he had the actual statement in front of him.

What do people think ?

Comment

Her we go again.. . which witnesses was BS Man aware of ?

Compare descriptions, John.
        They`re the same man, in very different moods.
        I'm not sure about different moods. Personality transplant, maybe! If he wasn't aware of Schwartz and Pipeman he must have been pretty stupid! Not like JtR, or Marshall's suspect.
        Last edited by John G; 05-08-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Swanson had Packer reinterviewed by White. They where able to falsify witnesses talking nonsense. Schwartz isn't one of them.
          Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

It might be worth mentioning that Schwartz`s police statement no longer exists, and the police version we use as source material is actually Swanson`s summary of the 19th.

Is Swanson working closely to the police statement when compiling his summary ?

Would he spell Ellen Street incorrectly as Helen Street if he had the actual statement in front of him.

What do people think ?
            But if you accept the alternative press report, then we have Pipeman acting as an accomplice and charging Schwartz with a knife!
            Last edited by John G; 05-08-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
              Swanson had Packer reinterviewed by White. They where able to falsify witnesses talking nonsense. Schwartz isn't one of them.
              How do you know? Nobody verified his account, not even Pipeman, assuming he even existed. And Packer was never disproved, despite the fact that his account seems unlikely.
              Last edited by John G; 05-08-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Her we go again.. . which witnesses was BS Man aware of ?

Compare descriptions, John.
                They`re the same man, in very different moods.
                bingo on both

Comment

• William Marshall's suspect was mildly spoken as if well educated. He wore light trousers and a round cap with a small peak, and had the appearance of a clerk. He was of middling height, around 5ft 6in. There is no mention of him having broad shoulders. Schwartz's suspect was a somewhat oafish individual with a limited, unsophisticated vocabulary. He wore dark trousers and a black cap with peak. He was about 5ft 5in in height and had broad shoulders.

Frankly, I think Marshall's suspect is closer to Astrakhan Man than BS man!

I also think it odd that Pipeman was never found. I mean, he's described as being 5ft 11in in height, which would have made him a giant at a time when average heights were about 5ft 6in. Thus, as a comparison Liz Stride was known as "Long Liz", because she was unusually tall for a women. Her height? 5ft 5in.
                  Last edited by John G; 05-08-2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Can we really make a comment about someone's vocabulary based on one word?

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                      William Marshall's suspect was mildly spoken as if well educated. He wore light trousers and a round cap with a small peak, and had the appearance of a clerk. He was of middling height, around 5ft 6in. There is no mention of him having broad shoulders. Schwartz's suspect was a somewhat oafish individual with a limited, unsophisticated vocabulary. He wore dark trousers and a black cap with peak. He was about 5ft 5in in height and had broad shoulders.

Frankly, I think Marshall's suspect is closer to Astrakhan Man than BS man!

I also think it odd that Pipeman was never found. I mean, he's described as being 5ft 11in in height, which would have made him a giant at a time when average heights were about 5ft 6in. Thus, as a comparison Liz Stride was known as "Long Liz", because she was unusually tall for a women. Her height? 5ft 5in.
                      Hi johnG
                      starting to figure you out. so BS man is not credible but Aman is??
                      is this what all your posts/debates are based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Can we really make a comment about someone's vocabulary based on one word?
                        Hello Harry,

To my mind, with his shouts of "Lipski", across the street to Schwartz, the press report of him stumbling around drunk, and his assault on Stride, and failed attempt to drag her into the street in front of two witnesses, all combine to create the impression of a somewhat unsubtle and unsophisticated, if not to say completely stupid, individual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Hi johnG
                          starting to figure you out. so BS man is not credible but Aman is??
                          is this what all your posts/debates are based on?
                          I think there are significant problems with Hutchinson's evidence, although I also believe there's the possibility that he exaggerated rather than lied. If so, maybe Astrakhan Man could be my main suspects Francis Thompson. Or then again, perhaps not! On the other hand, I think Schwartz's evidence is deeply flawed and largely incompatible with the known facts.

However, I do believe, on balance of probabilities, that Stride was killed by JtR. On the other hand, if she was killed by Schwartz's suspect, I would consider it highly unlikely that she was killed by JtR.
                          Last edited by John G; 05-08-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

How do you know? Nobody verified his account, not even Pipeman, assuming he even existed. And Packer was never disproved, despite the fact that his account seems unlikely.
                            How do I know? Its in Swasons Home Office report unless you want me to believe less emphasis was put on a witness seeing Stride attacked than Packer.

In fact we have arrests over this and discussions about needing more evidence to proceed with them.

Comment

Hello Harry,

To my mind, with his shouts of "Lipski", across the street to Schwartz, the press report of him stumbling around drunk, and his assault on Stride, and failed attempt to drag her into the street in front of two witnesses, all combine to create the impression of a somewhat unsubtle and unsophisticated, if not to say completely stupid, individual.
                              The alternative is that he succeeded and it was him.

Comment

• We can give countless examples of SKs who after being interrupted went on to kill someone else because their desires where not satisfied.

Stride/Eddowes perfectly meets this classical behaviour.

All the reasons here given for why BSman didn't kill Stride suddenly vanish for this other subject who coincidentally happen to be there and kill her, somehow magically avoiding all the criticism being aimed at BSman

There is simply no need to add this other mystery man. Why not have 2, 3, 4 more of them while at it. Maybe they all had a little go.

Comment

Working...
                                X