Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Cenci View Post
    Thanks Abby,

For me that's the most frustrating element of the whole case. What did he do for the hour after Mitre Square? Looking for a third victim? At home cleaning himself up? Sleeping?

If there's an escalation in the murders, which is more than possible given Millers Court, was he becoming more reckless? More proud of his work and the terror that came with it?

Peter Sutcliffe went the other way. He turned the whole thing off in his mind until the urge came again. He didn't want to take chances or send messages (although I heard only this week that he wrote a letter calling himself 'the street cleaner').

Was the GSG just a sign of escalation. That makes a bit more sense but I'm still sceptical.
    Hi Cenci, and Andy
    I would imagine in the hour he went to go get cleaned up, drop off some items and grab a piece of chalk!

Listen, the night of the double event is the first time in the series the ripper knew that witnesses got a good look at him. Not only that but it was Jews and they interrupted him.

So I think the primary motivation for him to go back out and write the GSG was to get revenge on and throw blame on the jews and throw off police.
    A secondary motivation, perhaps subconscious, was the high he got-related to the adrenaline rush he must have felt during the murders. (So yes it could have been a sign of escalation in some sense.)

And to those who question its authenticity because they find it too vague-the ripper knew exactly what its meaning was and for. And if it was to throw blame on the jews and create confusion it certainly succeeded did that. And then some!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi Cenci, and Andy
      I would imagine in the hour he went to go get cleaned up, drop off some items and grab a piece of chalk!

Listen, the night of the double event is the first time in the series the ripper knew that witnesses got a good look at him. Not only that but it was Jews and they interrupted him.

So I think the primary motivation for him to go back out and write the GSG was to get revenge on and throw blame on the jews and throw off police.
      A secondary motivation, perhaps subconscious, was the high he got-related to the adrenaline rush he must have felt during the murders. (So yes it could have been a sign of escalation in some sense.)

And to those who question its authenticity because they find it too vague-the ripper knew exactly what its meaning was and for. And if it was to throw blame on the jews and create confusion it certainly succeeded did that. And then some!!
      Thanks Abby...
      Do you not feel if he had "an hour to get washed off, grab the chalk, think about what to write...he would have come up with something less "ambiguous"?

Comment

• Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
        Thanks Abby...
        Do you not feel if he had "an hour to get washed off, grab the chalk, think about what to write...he would have come up with something less "ambiguous"?
        What-Like "Death to the Gentile whores!" or "Jews Rule!" Or "Im a Jew and the KIller! Im sick of being persecuted! This is my revenge!"

Maybe he thought something that blatant would make it so obvious to all that it was a gentile trying to pose as a jew? I don't know.

I don't know why he wrote SPECIFICALLY what he did, what wording he used. and It dosnt matter what I, or anyone else thinks he should or shouldn't have written.

Its clear to him-and that's all that matters.

Comment

• Not to be taken too seriously , but I still rather like this ole chestnut
          Before the infamous message .. there are a few words that i would like to draw your attention to ( 1 ) Mettle { courage , spirit } (2) Bled { draw blood / obtain money by extortion . (3) Jah-Bul-On { Freemason god of the highest degree } .

The message scrawled on the wall above Catherine Eddows blood soaked apron read ..

[ The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing ]

( the movable [ Not ] makes no difference )

For over a hundred years people have read it and taken it for exactly what it is and how it was written , at face value , and not once questioning the sly and cunning mind that may have put it there . the mind of a cunning trickster , playing ( catch me when you can ) with two London police forces and forcing an autumn of terror upon the entire population of London .. Using the same 46 letters , just re-arranging them , this interesting anagram rears it's head ....

[ Jah Bu Lon , mettle within Freemason gent , that bled Whore ]
          You know it makes sense Rodney

Comment

• It didn't seem too ambiguous to Charles Warren so...

Comment

• Poor old Warren always gets it in the neck about the obliteration of the GSG, but what about Supt Arnold who apparently immediately thought of riots and sent an inspector ahead with a wet sponge? It's clear they were all on edge and didn't want a recurrence of the street disturbances that had occurred after the Chapman murder.

Jack may have cleaned himself up in his bolt hole, then gone to the pub for a couple of drinks before collecting the apron and dumping it if he lived very nearby.

Comment

It didn't seem too ambiguous to Charles Warren so...
                So..it may have been specifically aimed at Warren?
                Or maybe it was something that was understood at the time and maybe has lost its meaning somewhat since..
                I always wondered whether it was intended to mean..

"The Juwes (sp) are the men who will not accept responsibility for anything"

Or even...

"If you are going to blame the Juwes (sp) for everything...heres something to blame us for"

which would put another twist in the murder of Eddowes..

Comment

• Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
                  So..it may have been specifically aimed at Warren?
                  Or maybe it was something that was understood at the time and maybe has lost its meaning somewhat since..
                  I always wondered whether it was intended to mean..

"The Juwes (sp) are the men who will not accept responsibility for anything"

Or even...

"If you are going to blame the Juwes (sp) for everything...heres something to blame us for"

which would put another twist in the murder of Eddowes..
                  Hi Andy
                  I remember reading somewhere that an expert in Victorian language usage said more than likely it was cockney and to be interpreted as your number one option.

"The jews wont take the blame for anything". ie. they wont accept the responsibility for anything.

Comment

Hi Andy
                    I remember reading somewhere that an expert in Victorian language usage said more than likely it was cockney and to be interpreted as your number one option.

"The jews wont take the blame for anything". ie. they wont accept the responsibility for anything.
                    Afternoon Abby
                    cheers...So I suppose anyone who would attribute the writing to Jack The Ripper would have to discount such as Kominsky, Chapman, Cohen etc...
                    and maybe Druitt as well
                    and surely Sickert and Van gogh would left a drawing
                    Thx for the replies..

Comment

The GSG is a clue.
                      All the GSG tells us is that whoever wrote it may or may not have been Jewish. Even if it was written by Jack which I doubt it was it tells us nothing useful.

Cheers John

Comment

• Or just maybe ..

The Juwes may be responsible for the Berners St murder .. but they will not take the credit for Nothing ( Eddows ) and here is the proof !

moonbegger

Comment

• The investigators and old Jewry thought it was there to cast suspicion on them.

Since Chapman there had be riots. All this stuff a smoke screen response to been interrupted by Jews and trying to blame them. I don't think he planned it before but went out from his bolt hole with apron when the idea occurred to him. He didn't walk all the way there just to clean his knife on a rag as he could have done it Eddowes clothes.
                          Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• I'm fairly certain that's what it means, Abby.
                            Last edited by The Cenci; 04-05-2015, 05:18 PM. Reason: Added word

Comment

I'm fairly certain that's what it means, Abby.
                              Whilst I am inclined to agree, t depends on the education and background of the writer and even more importantly on what was actually written on the wall, since we have at least 5 different versions.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• No for me

I don't think the doorway was checked in the immediate aftermath of Eddowes death. The appearance of the apron nearby is an awkward situation that highlights this oversight and people are careful with their words from then on.
                                Their "care" links the graffiti to the apron and therefore Jack but I have my doubts to say the least. I think Warren was right in his assessment but very wrong in his actions. We'll never know like we'll never really know who wrote it. On balance I don't think this is Jack. Not the one in my head anyway.

Snapper

Comment

Working...
                                X