Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Given that "Jack" seems to have been engrossed in talking with his next victim (assuming it was Eddowes and her killer), would he have paid particular attention to Lawende and company at all?
    I think he would have-seemed like a perceptive guy.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

    -Edgar Allan Poe


    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

    -Frederick G. Abberline

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

      Hi CD

      The connection between JTR and the Jews is that on the day of the Chapman murder, in Spitalfields, there was a lot of civil unrest and gangs of local men and youths were walking the streets attacking the Jewish locals. This incident was THE very reason that Supt Arnold decided to have the GSG erased.
      The newspaper reports of the day tell us that the locals were marching around the area blaming the murders on the Jews.
      But the murders happened within a relatively small area that had a high density of Jewish immigrants. Who's to say that any connection to the Jews is not purely circumstantial?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by c.d. View Post

        Hello Abby,

        I still don't get the connection between Jack and the Jews. He was disturbed by Schwartz (if the BS man was the killer which I doubt) who happened to be Jewish. The interruption was not related to Jews other than that. Wouldn't he have been pissed at anybody who disturbed him? It's not like Schwartz interrupted him as some part of a Jewish ritual.

        I am assuming that you are also referring to Lawende. How would Jack know Lawende was looking at him and that it would be Lawende who would give his description to the police?

        To me, it seems a leap to think that Jack harbored some ill will towards Jews because of what took place that night.

        c.d.
        The men at the club shouted "another murder has been committed" they were clearly trying to distance themselves from the act that occurred on their property and place it on the killer at larges shoulders. That might annoy an anti-Semite. No one disturbed Liz Strides murder, that's clear from ALL the evidence, so time to put that idea to rest. You can place the perceived value of Israel beside that by the way, his story was not part of the Inquest in any format. I think the GSG, which was very likely written by the same man who left the apron section....Kates killer....indicated Antisemitism in its message and location...it need not be related to just the events and witnesses that night. Although I believe the wording "...blame"...may well be a reference to what the club people were claiming...that killer on the loose killed Liz, not someone from their property.

        That's where Israel comes in with his insurance policy.
        Michael Richards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Harry D View Post

          But the murders happened within a relatively small area that had a high density of Jewish immigrants. Who's to say that any connection to the Jews is not purely circumstantial?
          I don`t follow you, sorry
          Why would the killer leave that message just because there were lots of Jewish immigrants in the area?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
            silly boy. you haven't proved a single thing ,your still bumbling about with unsubstantiated newspaper reports ,misquotes and heresay and you always aways misinterpret the evident to suit your narrative . dont worry sherlock im not going anywhere .....but you just keep searching and just remember no matter what you post or what you try and prove its only what you want to believe based on what you read somewhere
            You really are one of the most dishonest posters I’ve ever come across.

            First:

            In post 2753 I showed you how just because Halse didn’t notice the graffiti that does not mean that it wasn’t there! But you have not made a proper, intelligible response because you appear to have a very flimsy understanding of the English language.

            Second:

            I posted a quote showing that Gull had had a stroke at the end of 1887/beginning of 1888 that was so serious that he had to abandon his practice as a physician (not even requiring surgical skill....he couldn’t even examine patients/diagnose etc) You’re reply was that the quote was unsubstantiated. So I posted the actual quote, from The Times. And you carry on posting as if I haven’t done exactly what you challenged me to do - ie post the actual newspaper article.

            Two points unanswered by you because you cannot answer them. Certainly not with honesty.

            Anyone that thinks that Sir William Gull was Jack The Ripper is more certifiable that Annie Elizabeth Crook was alleged to have been! And just to remind you Fishy that this was the same Annie Crook that WASNT A CATHOLIC and that lived in a building THAT DID NOT EXIST and that went to Sickert’s studio THAT DID NOT EXIST and was then taken for a horrible operation by Gull at a HOSPITAL THAT DID NOT EXIST

            And yet one man struggles on after finding that the theory that he supports has absolutely no basis in fact! A theory that the originator even admitted that he’d made up!

            Lets hear it for Fishy1118. The last man standing that hasn’t cottoned on to the fact that Hans Christian Knight’s theory has long ago been washed down the drain.
            Regards

            Herlock






            "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

              I think he would have-seemed like a perceptive guy.
              Lawende, Levy and Harris would have taken only seconds to walk past, during which time Jack was (apparently) engrossed in chatting up his next victim. I see no reason why he'd have been bothered by, or particularly noticed the three amigos at all. If they'd have been dressed up like Tevye and singing "Tradition!" from Fiddler On The Roof, maybe, but they were basically decent businessmen on their way home from their business club... it's quite possible that, even Jack did notice them, he might not have registered their ethinicity at all.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

              "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Lawende, Levy and Harris would have taken only seconds to walk past, during which time Jack was (apparently) engrossed in chatting up his next victim. I see no reason why he'd have been bothered by, or particularly noticed the three amigos at all. If they'd have been dressed up like Tevye and singing "Tradition!" from Fiddler On The Roof, maybe, but they were basically decent businessmen on their way home from their business club... it's quite possible that, even Jack did notice them, he might not have registered their ethinicity at all.
                Hi Sam
                they were talking amongst themselves also, I don't know perhaps something gave themselves away as being jewish, or maybe not-maybe the ripper just assumed they were. anyway there can be no doubt though that the ripper knew Schwartz was jewish.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

                -Edgar Allan Poe


                "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                -Frederick G. Abberline

                Comment


                • Thanks to Sam I’ve now got the image in my head of the ripper looking over Eddowes shoulder at three men singing “”if I were a rich man.....””
                  Regards

                  Herlock






                  "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

                  Comment


                  • your wasting your time sherlock, ive already answered your post, you proven nothing.oh wait yes gull died of a stroke.... eventually, you got that right . what ever you post in regards to buildings dates, times, etc etc etc ill just show you the opposite based on what research i find .rinse and repeat post 2771 , move on buddy .now back to my t.o.d. forum.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      Thanks to Sam I’ve now got the image in my head of the ripper looking over Eddowes shoulder at three men singing “”if I were a rich man.....””
                      Well Schwartz was apparently theatrical and strong Jewish appearance. Now I’ve got a ripper musical in my head. Can you imagine a ripper musical? Lol like fiddler on the roof!hahaha
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

                      -Edgar Allan Poe


                      "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                      -Frederick G. Abberline

                      Comment


                      • Dancing vigilantes in Mitre Square and Poly singing, 'See what a jolly bonnet I've got now' . . .





                        Last edited by APerno; 06-19-2019, 03:55 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

                          Hi CD

                          The connection between JTR and the Jews is that on the day of the Chapman murder, in Spitalfields, there was a lot of civil unrest and gangs of local men and youths were walking the streets attacking the Jewish locals. This incident was THE very reason that Supt Arnold decided to have the GSG erased.
                          The newspaper reports of the day tell us that the locals were marching around the area blaming the murders on the Jews.
                          Civil unrest and gangs at that time in the morning?....Walking the streets? Please, please provide a link to these newspaper reports!

                          Here's what Supt Arnold reported abut his decision to erase it:
                          Defending his actions, in his report to the Home Office, on 6th November, 1888, Arnold stated that:-
                          I beg to report that on the morning of the 30 September last my attention was called to some writing on the wall of the entrance to some dwellings No. 108 Goulston Street, Whitechapel which consisted of the following words: "The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing", and knowing in consequence of suspicion having fallen upon a Jew named 'John Pizer' alias 'Leather Apron' having committed a murder in Hanbury Street a short time previously, a strong feeling existed against the Jews generally, and as the Building upon which the writing was found was situated in the midst of a locality inhabited principally by that Sect, I was apprehensive that if the writing were left it would be the means of causing a riot and therefore considered it desirable that it should be removed having in view the fact that it was in such a position that it would have been rubbed by persons passing in and out of the Building.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                            your wasting your time sherlock, ive already answered your post, you proven nothing.oh wait yes gull died of a stroke.... eventually, you got that right . what ever you post in regards to buildings dates, times, etc etc etc ill just show you the opposite based on what research i find .rinse and repeat post 2771 , move on buddy .now back to my t.o.d. forum.
                            Then you’re a dishonest person pure and simple.

                            When you asked me to verify the newspaper article I did.

                            So.....go on then. Produce the research that proves to everyone’s satisfaction that these places existed at the time and that Annie Crook was a catholic. I’ll happily send you £1000 if you do.

                            Be honest for once and not someone that stoops to utter desperation to defend a theory that everyone else discarded (and with overwhelming evidence) 40+ years ago!
                            Regards

                            Herlock






                            "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Leanne View Post

                              Civil unrest and gangs at that time in the morning?....Walking the streets? Please, please provide a link to these newspaper reports!

                              Here's what Supt Arnold reported abut his decision to erase it:
                              Defending his actions, in his report to the Home Office, on 6th November, 1888, Arnold stated that:-
                              I beg to report that on the morning of the 30 September last my attention was called to some writing on the wall of the entrance to some dwellings No. 108 Goulston Street, Whitechapel which consisted of the following words: "The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing", and knowing in consequence of suspicion having fallen upon a Jew named 'John Pizer' alias 'Leather Apron' having committed a murder in Hanbury Street a short time previously, a strong feeling existed against the Jews generally, and as the Building upon which the writing was found was situated in the midst of a locality inhabited principally by that Sect, I was apprehensive that if the writing were left it would be the means of causing a riot and therefore considered it desirable that it should be removed having in view the fact that it was in such a position that it would have been rubbed by persons passing in and out of the Building.
                              Have you not heard about the unrest on the morning of the Chapman murder ?!?!
                              Blimey, okay. I`ll try and find it again.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

                                I don`t follow you, sorry
                                Why would the killer leave that message just because there were lots of Jewish immigrants in the area?
                                To incriminate the Jewish immigrants in the area, who were taking over his trade as a costermonger; and to direct police attention to them and AWAY FROM HIM!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X