No announcement yet.

Height of GSG a Clue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K., Excise the Razor and Keep The Parrot.

I am sure you are correct in your analysis of my scenario Good Michael.
    If that is the case, then ditch the Razor and keep the parrot.
    My submission is that, if we keep the whole thing simple and deal with the graffiti as a separate entity - ignoring the apron for a moment :
    Then, surely, could it not be feasible that the graffiti was written by a school boy merely chalking up anti Jewish remarks made by his peers at home?

Whilst it seems true that the piece of apron found in the vestibule of the Wentworth Building can be positively linked to the murder of Catharine Eddowes, it does not appear an equally strong link can be made between the graffiti and the murder.

If it was written by the murderer, then that person's attempt to leave a vital message about the murder/s that night, has failed.

Squark!

JOHN RUFFELS.

Comment

• I don't have access to that stuff but one thing I'm sure of is this: if the Ripper was Jewish, he wouldn't have been protected by other Jews. I heard that accusation first on the Ustinov special back in 1988 and it infuriated me then. It's not like Jews didn't break the law. We had murderers, thieves, forgers whatever just like the general population had, just as the general population has now. And they weren't protected by the Jews. No one is going to cover for a killer like that unless the protector was also a killer or an accomplice in some way. The only thing that I could see happening would be that the killer was discovered in some way by his family and members of that family dealt with him in some way that didn't involve due process and did involve violence. Is it possible that a Jewish family would act in this way? Sure. Just as a gentile family might act in this way. But it wouldn't be some institutional cover-up among the community because, what the hell, he's only killing gentiles and we don't need a pogrom down here!

I think it's very possible that the Ripper was Jewish. We have no reason to discount that. But to leap from that to 'the Jews protected Jack the Ripper' is unjust, unwarranted and, to me, appalling.

Comment

• Hi there,

I've been reading through this sitefor a while and finally decided to make my first post here so please be gentle.

Just a thought on the height of the GSG; Could the height not be attributed to not only the darkness of the bricks, but also the lighting of the surroundings? Obviously, it was dark being in the early hours of the morning (if it was written then) so could any light from a lamp possibly have cast a shadow on that wall, with the lighter part that low down the best part to write on?? I mean, if I were to write a message on a wall in the dark, but wanted people to see it, I would have written on the part of the wall that was more visible...........

Comment

• Hi Chris,

As you live quite close to me I'll let you off. But if you read the rest of the thread (which I have just done) it is clear that if the author fancied chalking a message on this particular wall, for whatever reason, the highest point he could do so was on the dado, as the wall above was white.

Hi All,

I do love the dodging that went on here for a while. First it had to be a boy writer because a fully developed hairy man could not do so neatly at dado height.

Then How Brown, of all fully developed hairy men (and more betterer funny caption writer to boot ), wades in to demonstrate otherwise, and one or two others pipe up with: "Wait a minute, if the writing was that low down on the wall (because of the dado/schoolboy/shortarse/bigger-guy-stooping-or-crouching-a-bit arguments - take your pick), it was a lot closer to the apron than the schoolboy fanciers seem to want it".

So the apron then does its clumsiest John Sergeant sidestep to sweep itself back to a 'safer' distance from the writing, even though there is no evidence either way, and certainly nothing to suggest the Mitre Square murder evidence wasn't sitting solidly at the base of that jamb, ie just off the main pavement, grinning evilly up at the GSG and daring the copper who found it first to follow its gaze upwards to look for blood spots etc.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Who Was to Blame for The Death of Christ?

BW
            "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
            Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUE WIZZARD View Post
              Who Was to Blame for The Death of Christ?
              The Romans.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• The Romans executed Christ, but the Rabbi es ordered it. So the Jews have been blamed for his murder.

Sounds like he was a christian man, that wrote the message.

BW
                "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
                Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUE WIZZARD View Post
                  The Romans executed Christ, but the Rabbi es ordered it. So the Jews have been blamed for his murder.
                  Wrongly, in my view - mere gentile propaganda written long after the event - but I take your point.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• It's the 'Paul-ine' stuff that worries me here
                    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• two different versions of the graffiti

chalked in white on a black background at shoulder height

P.C. Long´s Version - "The Juwes are the men That Will not be Blamed for nothing"
                      D.C. Halse´s Version - "The Juwes are not the men That Will be Blamed for nothing"
                      D.C Halse seems to write it down specifically...he uses 3 lines and these words to each line

the juwes are
                      not the men that will be blamed for
                      nothing

i believe he copied the actual format of the sentence...

C warren says..."The writing was on the jamb of the open archway or doorway visible in the street and could not be covered up without danger of the covering being torn off at once"

i can't find any confusion/contradiction regarding the word juwes...they agree on the spelling

where can i find the details on these white bricks and dado?

i used to do graffiti all the time...in my experience you choose somewhere with ideal texture for you writing implement...light enough to see what you are doing...somewhere that will be seen by people...and you have a check around to see if you are free to do your art undisturbed

anyone that writes with chalk on a wall is gonna be doing the letters at least 3 inches high

bricks were different sizes then than they are today..an imperial brick face measured brick 9 inches x 3 inches
                      a metric one measures 8.86 inches x 2.95 inches

seems to me like the perp has choose the smooth faces of the brick to dictate his letter height and has used 3 courses to construct his sentence

Comment

• The culprit.....
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	chalk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	655808
                        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                        X