Newspaper Cuttings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper Cuttings

Is there a forum section for newspaper cuttings around the period of the murders?

A lot of information has been lost over the years but I find it interesting to read what the newspapers of the day were writing.

I stumbled across a South Wales newspaper article about the ripper murders..

and I would like to read more newspaper articles if possible.

Hi Welsh76,

Welcome to Casebook.

Look at the top of the page and click on where it says Casebook: Jack the Ripper. Then you’ll see a list on your left. One of the headings on the list is Press Reports.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Also, for £20, you can access 40 pages of newspaper articles on the British Newspapers Archive

Whether you are a researcher, historian or you simply want to know more about Britain's history, take this fantastic opportunity to search The British Newspaper Archive - a vast treasure trove of historical newspapers from your own home.
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

The FindMyPast subscription offers access to the newspapers too.

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

Comment

Another possible source is newspapers.com

The largest online newspaper archive. Used by millions every month for historical research, family history, crime investigations, journalism, and more.
            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Hi Welsh76,

Welcome to Casebook.

Look at the top of the page and click on where it says Casebook: Jack the Ripper. Then you’ll see a list on your left. One of the headings on the list is Press Reports.
              It's a minor point, Herlock, but you're welcoming someone who joined Casebook before you did.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

It's a minor point, Herlock, but you're welcoming someone who joined Casebook before you did.
                I read his number of posts rather than the date he joined. Poor observation like that explains why I took the name Herlock Sholmes rather than Sherlock Holmes.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

Its a minor point Bridewell, but your commenting on post thats over five months old. ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Its a minor point Bridewell, but your commenting on post thats over five months old. ; )
                    It's a minor point, Abby, but you're commenting on a post that could have taught you how to punctuate yours a lot better.

Love,

Caz
                    X​
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

It's a minor point, Abby, but you're commenting on a post that could have taught you how to punctuate yours a lot better.

Love,

Caz
                      X​
                      How bold of you, Caz.

Comment

Working...
                      X