'it was nice' Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
    Maria: the "proper red stuff", I think, was supposed to have been kept in a ginger beer bottle, not actually in ginger beer.
    Depends if the author of the letter meant blood or organs. For organs, most obviously, it should have been in ginger beer, otherwise, no “prasarvation“.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

"I saved some of the proper red stuff in a ginger beer bottle over the last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I cant [sic] use it. Red ink is fit enough I hope..." (My emphasis). The writer (Dear Boss Letter) clearly means blood.

Best wishes,
      Steve.
      Last edited by Steven Russell; 07-15-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Yes, “Dear Boss“ obviously refers to blood (to allegedly use as ink for writing the letter), but what I was contemplating was the off-chance that the author of “Dear Boss“ and the “Saucy Jack“ postcard had also produced “From Hell“ (changing his handwriting), and I was simply having thoughts about the plausibility that he might have kept the kidney in ginger beer vs. alcohol/spirits, which would have been easily detected via smell anyway. Just some iddle thoughts... :-)
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

I'm with Steve on this.

Adam,

There's an entire thread over at the forums, as well as your published article 'A Matter of Time', that has you postulating adamantly that Mortimer was in her doorway for 30 minutes. Now, if my arguments to the contrary have changed your mind, that's great, but please don't pretend you never said that.

As for the articles, it sounds like you might have more than one in you, which is awesome, but a point/counter-point article, which is what I suggested, needs to be focused on discussing the question at hand. And unless you've done a complete about face on Mortimer and now agree with me, I think that's a good place to start. You can even get your buddies Begg and SPE to pipe in and support your 30-minute hypothesis, I'm not scared. Bring it on. LOL.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
            I'm with Steve on this.
            I'm not disagreeing at all with Steven Russell, I'm simply contemplating something slightly different than what he's talking about.

You can even get your buddies Begg and SPE to pipe in and support your 30-minute hypothesis, I'm not scared. Bring it on. LOL.
            Begg and SPE teaming up to support someone, I'd like to witness that. (Can't picture this, unless that someone were, say, Philip Hutchinson attacked by AP Wolf or Karen Trenouth or Felicity Loyd.
            (Do I sound much like a newbie now?)
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

[quote=mariab;183687]I'm not disagreeing at all with Steven Russell, I'm simply contemplating something slightly different than what he's talking about.

What then? You are really reaching here, Maria.
              Best wishes,
              Steve.
              Last edited by Steven Russell; 07-15-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

it's pretty obvious to most that Pipeman was Charles Le Grand.
                In your dreams, Tom.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

quote mariab:
                  I'm not disagreeing at all with Steven Russell, I'm simply contemplating something slightly different than what he's talking about.
                  Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                  Simply what I said in my post #63. I was thinking out loud about the plausibility of connecting “Dear Boss“/“Saucy Jack“ with “From Hell“ (with an altered handwritting), and I was simply mentioning the ‘coincidence‘ (?) of the ginger beer bottle with the kidney “prasarved“ in spirits. Of course, the person who wrote “From Hell“ knew about “Dear Boss“. Now the only thing missing is ears sent to somebody's wife. :-)

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tom_Wescott:
                  it's pretty obvious to most that Pipeman was Charles Le Grand.
                  Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                  In your dreams, Tom.
                  If not pretty obvious, it's EXTREMELY plausible. I have an interesting suspicion about this. It needs further research, and it will be presented in an article.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

[QUOTE=Steven Russell;183702]
                    Originally posted by mariab View Post

Best wishes,
                    Steve.
                    Hi SR, Maria

I think i see what maria is getting at - That is they both talk about taking away something from the body (blood and kidney)and trying to save it.

To me, other than the taunting tone, that is the only similarity between the two letters.

Comment

Hi Abby,
                      that's precisely what I meant. Not that I'm convinced about this, it's just an idea.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

I'll choose to ignore another blunder of gargantuan proportions by Maria and state simply that I agree with what Steven has been saying about "the proper red stuff".

Tom:

I'm not doing an about-face of any kind, but you're twisting my words to make it sound like something I haven't said. You know damned well that my argument all along has been that if Mortimer was at her door for the 30 minutes that she claimed she was, then it wasn't during the period of 12.30 - 1 AM. Her 30 minute time period is, of course, a direct quote from her own mouth, as opposed to the 10 minute gap theory which, barely supported in the first place, is written in the third person. Let's not have the dirty tactics starting before we've even put pen to paper, thanks.

As for the articles, it sounds like you might have more than one in you, which is awesome, but a point/counter-point article, which is what I suggested, needs to be focused on discussing the question at hand.

Are you suggesting that we do an entire article which focuses solely on one question - that being the time Mortimer spent at her door?

You can even get your buddies Begg and SPE to pipe in and support your 30-minute hypothesis, I'm not scared. Bring it on. LOL.

Anyone would think that we're talking about a street fight rather than an article. I've got no doubt that you'll be calling in as much help as you could possibly muster and so if there are certain individuals who are willing to provide information which assists in my arguments, then yes, I will without question be making use of that.

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

What “blunder“, Vegemite? Read what I wrote. Nuance is not your forte, Adam.
                          Last edited by mariab; 07-16-2011, 04:30 AM.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

You'll forgive me if i'd rather go and stick my privates in a bucket of piranhas than read any more of what you've written, Maria. We all know you blundered over the ginger beer, people would have a lot more respect if you'd just admit you made an error rather than constantly try and worm your way out of situations like this.

Cheers,
                            Adam.

Comment

Are you simply referring to the ginger beer bottle being full or not?
                              Best regards,
                              Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went
                                I'm not doing an about-face of any kind, but you're twisting my words to make it sound like something I haven't said. You know damned well that my argument all along has been that if Mortimer was at her door for the 30 minutes that she claimed she was, then it wasn't during the period of 12.30 - 1 AM.
                                You crack me up. You say I twisted your words when I said you claimed Mortimer stood at her door for 30 minutes. You then go on to state that Mortimer 'claimed' to have been at her door for 30 minutes and that this was a direct quote (though how you could possibly know this from a police report is anybody's guess).

Are you suggesting that we do an entire article which focuses solely on one question - that being the time Mortimer spent at her door?
                                That should be the central question, though of course we should discuss what implications this has on what she saw and didn't see, and what other witnesses claimed to have seen. I wouldn't want to veer off Mortimer. However, since my last post, some things have changed and it looks like a fire has been lit under my butt. Enough lolligagging. I'll have to get back to you on the Mortimer project.

Anyone would think that we're talking about a street fight rather than an article. I've got no doubt that you'll be calling in as much help as you could possibly muster.
                                Huh? Why on earth would I need help to write a mortimer article? I've been publishing on the Berner Street Mystery since you were 13. If I can't do it on my own, then I don't deserve to share a byline with you. Incidentally, I've yet to share a byline with anyone, although I'm somewhat curious what a collaborative effort would be like.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X