Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
    Hello Bridewell,

But not sporting a giant, eye-catching moustache?

Best wishes,
    C4
    "Dark beard and moustache" - size not specified?
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Who did Lusk upset?

I believe the From Hell Letter was from the killer. Letters sent to newspapers I feel were hoaxes. so why was Lusk significant to the killer?

The following may be possibilities:

Could it be possible that Lusks wife, who ever she was, had a connection with JTR?
      Did she scorn Jack?

A kidney was sent, that is significant to diabetes, as someone has previously said on here the connection of the kidney and diabetes could be the reason for it being sent to Lusk. Is there any information out there, other than what is on here, regarding Lusk’s wife? Is it true that she died from diabetes?

The killings were a diversion for something else. As there were a lot of crimes overshadowed by JTR. What other crimes have not been documented widely, not just murders.

Comment

• Hello Natasha,

Have you ever read about Lusk's meeting with the 'repulsive stranger'?

At 4:15pm on Thursday 4th October 1888, a man, who the newspaper reports described as having a "florid" appearance, turned up on Mr Lusk's doorstep. The stranger was about 5 feet nine in height and was aged between 30 to 40. He sported a bushy brown beard and had whiskers and a moustache.

The man was told that Mr. Lusk was at a nearby tavern that was kept by his son. So the man headed round to the tavern and, having located Mr. Lusk, subjected him to a barrage of questions about the beats taken by the members of the Mile End Vigilance Committee.

He then "attempted to induce Mr. Lusk to enter a private room with him."But, as the News of The World reported:-

"...The stranger's appearance however was so repulsive and forbidding that Mr. Lusk declined, but consented to hold a quiet conversation with him in the bar-parlour. The two were talking, when the stranger drew a pencil from his pocket and purposely dropped it over the side of the table saying, "Pick that up." Just as Mr. Lusk turned to do so he noticed the stranger make a swift though silent movement of his right hand towards his side pocket, and seeing that he was detected assumed a nonchalant air, and asked to be directed to the nearest coffee and dining-rooms. Mr. Lusk directed him to a house in the Mile End-road, and the stranger quietly left the house, followed by Mr. Lusk who went to the coffee-house indicated, and found that the man had not been there, but had given his pursuer the slip by disappearing up a court..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Hello Natasha,

Have you ever read about Lusk's meeting with the 'repulsive stranger'?
          Hi Harry

Yes I have and I guess that is what made me think about the connection between the stranger & the letter.

As the murders were of women, that made me think maybe Lusk s wife may have had a connection with JTR.

I know the stranger spoke in an Irish accent, and I guess that would make people think of the fennians, but the choice of organ sent with the letter makes me wonder

Comment

• Originally posted by Natasha View Post
            Who did Lusk upset?

I believe the From Hell Letter was from the killer. Letters sent to newspapers I feel were hoaxes. so why was Lusk significant to the killer?

The following may be possibilities:

Could it be possible that Lusks wife, who ever she was, had a connection with JTR?
            Did she scorn Jack?

A kidney was sent, that is significant to diabetes, as someone has previously said on here the connection of the kidney and diabetes could be the reason for it being sent to Lusk. Is there any information out there, other than what is on here, regarding Lusk’s wife? Is it true that she died from diabetes?

The killings were a diversion for something else. As there were a lot of crimes overshadowed by JTR. What other crimes have not been documented widely, not just murders.
            G'day Natasha

If Mrs Lusk had scorned Jack, why not kill her instead of a bunch of poor unfortunate women.

Your hypothesis of a diversion however has some merit.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              G'day Natasha

If Mrs Lusk had scorned Jack, why not kill her instead of a bunch of poor unfortunate women.

Your hypothesis of a diversion however has some merit.
              Hi Gut

If she was in some way connected to Jack, then maybe she had narrowly escaped being murdered. Maybe by the time JTR found out where she was it was too late as she had died.
              Or maybe she might have been related to JTR.

I will look into the other crimes that have been overshadowed by Jack

Comment

Hi Gut

If she was in some way connected to Jack, then maybe she had narrowly escaped being murdered. Maybe by the time JTR found out where she was it was too late as she had died.
                Or maybe she might have been related to JTR.

I will look into the other crimes that have been overshadowed by Jack
                What he didn't know where Lusk lived when it was in all the papers and he somehow knew where to send the letter and kidne?
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

What he didn't know where Lusk lived when it was in all the papers and he somehow knew where to send the letter and kidne?
                  He could have been watching him maybe.

Comment

He could have been watching him maybe.
                    Watching him but didn't know where his wife lived?
                    G U T

Comment

Watching him but didn't know where his wife lived?
                      Hi Gut

I don't really know much about Lusk and his wife, that is why I was asking about information on him. Then I could rule against or rule in favour of a possible connection.
                      There was maybe a connection to Lusk, as the letter & kidney was sent to him, but why? I was just concentrating on finding out what. Obviously he was on the vigilante committee, but why did JTR just taunt Lusk, why not the police as well?

Comment

• I think the most likely explanation is that the letter was sent to Lusk because he was the Chairman of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee. The reason being that his people hassled somebody who didn't like it and that person held Lusk responsible for his treatment.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          I think the most likely explanation is that the letter was sent to Lusk because he was the Chairman of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee. The reason being that his people hassled somebody who didn't like it and that person held Lusk responsible for his treatment.

c.d.
                          G'day c.d.

That's the only explanation that adds up in my opinion, except to say it may have been a grudge aganst the vigilantes in general.
                          G U T

Comment

G'day c.d.

That's the only explanation that adds up in my opinion, except to say it may have been a grudge aganst the vigilantes in general.
                            I wonder how much it would cost to buy a kidney on the black market I think the sum of 20 quid has been mentioned before which I think is just short of two grand in today's money.
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                              I wonder how much it would cost to buy a kidney on the black market I think the sum of 20 quid has been mentioned before which I think is just short of two grand in today's money.
                              But how much for just a piece?
                              G U T

Comment

But how much for just a piece?
                                Still quite a few quid for a joke...why did lusk wait two days before going to the police
                                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X