No announcement yet.

Lusk Letter sent to George Lusk of the vigilante committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was mailed 125 years ago tomorrow.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• If the letter was true then it makes whoever killed Kate and Liz a cannibal as well as an organ collector. I've always found this letter to be the most interesting because of the direct referencing and cry for authenticity.

Comment

• Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
        If the letter was true then it makes whoever killed Kate and Liz a cannibal as well as an organ collector. I've always found this letter to be the most interesting because of the direct referencing and cry for authenticity.
        If it was a hoax it would have cost the hoaxer a few quid if they had to buy the kidney though someone in the medical profession could have access to a kidney.Surely a hoaxer would send the kidney to a newspaper or high ranking police officer to gain maximum effect to send it to lusk could mean that the sender was not happy with all the extra people on the streets making it harder for him to kill. So conclusion is that it is more likely that the lusk letter is from our killer unless Mr lusk sent it to himself he did wait two days to report the fact.What do you think?
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          If it was a hoax it would have cost the hoaxer a few quid if they had to buy the kidney though someone in the medical profession could have access to a kidney.Surely a hoaxer would send the kidney to a newspaper or high ranking police officer to gain maximum effect to send it to lusk could mean that the sender was not happy with all the extra people on the streets making it harder for him to kill. So conclusion is that it is more likely that the lusk letter is from our killer unless Mr lusk sent it to himself he did wait two days to report the fact.What do you think?
          60/40 it was from the ripper. i have never bought it would be that easy for someone to get their hands on a human kidney and would someone from the medical profession risk their career on a joke? Plus, something i think gets overlooked is that when all the other hoax letters are pouring in signed Jack the Ripper, the from hell letter was not, which in my opinion also points to authenticity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            60/40 it was from the ripper. i have never bought it would be that easy for someone to get their hands on a human kidney and would someone from the medical profession risk their career on a joke? Plus, something i think gets overlooked is that when all the other hoax letters are pouring in signed Jack the Ripper, the from hell letter was not, which in my opinion also points to authenticity.
            I believed the dear boss letter was genuine for over twenty years I now think it a hoax the lusk letter could have been sent to somewhere else to gain more publicity I think it was sent to scare Mr lusk.Could our killer have been upset by been disturbed during the stride killing or even possibly the eddowes killing.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Why do you suppose he gave up communicating after that? The Kelly deed provided him with the opportunity to post anything from clipped of toenails to slices of the liver - but no such thing. And no message in the room, other than the one brough over by the overall impression.

Any guess?

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

• To Pink and Fish
                Pink- good point and yes i have always thought that because of him being disturbed/seen alot on the night of the double event it spurred him to writing-the GsG and/or the from hell letter. I think him being interupted and not being able to finish with stride may have really bugged him and led at least to the GsG (which IMHO is 90/10 from the ripper)if not the lusk communication.

no major disturbance on the night of MK killing so no writing.

Comment

• GsG (which IMHO is 90/10 from the ripper)
                  I'm not sure I would weigh the percentages that favourably towards the killer but, if it wasn't connected, I would expect someone to have come forward and pointed out that the writing had been there a few days previously had that been the case.

I share your views about the likely authorship of the Lusk Letter.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• If it's genuine, why the almost comically obvious attempt to "sound" Irish? Are we looking at a non-Irish killer trying to divert attention by blaming Paddy?

Comment

To Pink and Fish
                      Pink- good point and yes i have always thought that because of him being disturbed/seen alot on the night of the double event it spurred him to writing-the GsG and/or the from hell letter. I think him being interupted and not being able to finish with stride may have really bugged him and led at least to the GsG (which IMHO is 90/10 from the ripper)if not the lusk communication.

no major disturbance on the night of MK killing so no writing.
                      One thing though about the lusk communication how hard would it have been to included a small piece of the victims clothing to prove it was genuine.

Comment

One thing though about the lusk communication how hard would it have been to included a small piece of the victims clothing to prove it was genuine.
                        Impossible because he left it all at the GSG! ; )

The lusk letter idea might have come to him later after he had already deposited the clothing he took to authenticate the GSG and perhaps he thought that half a kidney from eddowes was good enough.

Comment

The lusk letter idea might have come to him later after he had already deposited the clothing he took to authenticate the GSG and perhaps he thought that half a kidney from eddowes was good enough.
                          The whole point I've made about all of our killers so called communications it would not have been to hard to make sure he did something or sent something to make sure his communications were genuine .When he promised to send the ears why didn't he do so all he had to do was make sure he cut them of first and stick them in his pocket.It would have taken seconds to take a small piece of any of the victims clothing and post it with his communications.If our killer is sending communications to attract public attention then why not make sure there is no doubt they are from him and that way get more attention.

Comment

• Hi Abby

I replied that "perhaps he'd run out of apron" - but it seemed to disappear into the ethernet...IMHO if any of the letters at all are genuine then the Lusk effort is the one...

And I don't think it's that "Irish" - To start with I think the "Sor" is a misreading of a badly written "Sir", and "prasarving" is actually a pretty well-established colloquial usage (vide 1805 The Jurist and others)...

If the writing is bad enough (and it is) nise can be equally well read as nice, whilst tother or t'other is as much a north country usage as Irish...as a matter of interest it was a usage my Brighton-bred paternal grandad used to employ mockingly

All the best

Dave

Comment

The whole point I've made about all of our killers so called communications it would not have been to hard to make sure he did something or sent something to make sure his communications were genuine .When he promised to send the ears why didn't he do so all he had to do was make sure he cut them of first and stick them in his pocket.It would have taken seconds to take a small piece of any of the victims clothing and post it with his communications.If our killer is sending communications to attract public attention then why not make sure there is no doubt they are from him and that way get more attention.
                              Again maybe if any of the communications are from the killer, maybe in HIS MIND it was enough-The apron for the GSG, the kidney for the from hell letter, the predictions and description from dear boss. What we think he SHOULD have done is irrelevant.

And then again, perhaps proving he was the killer/authenticating the writings was not the main purpose for writing them anyway.
                              Last edited by Abby Normal; 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Again maybe if any of the communications are from the killer, maybe in HIS MIND it was enough-The apron for the GSG, the kidney for the from hell letter, the predictions and description from dear boss. What we think he SHOULD have done is irrelevant.

And then again, perhaps proving he was the killer/authenticating the writings was not the main purpose for writing them anyway.
                                I disagree if our killer is writing these letters it is to get a shock reaction from the general public surely the shock reaction would be more if there was no doubt they were from our killer.Like I said before it wouldn't be hard to make sure that the communications were from our killer he makes no reference to having just killed two women in goulston street graffiti which is strange.Obviously we are not dealing with somebody with a normal mind so it is hard to try and predict our killers state of mind and his motives.
                                Last edited by pinkmoon; 10-23-2013, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X