Dear Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a go

Hello All. Just received word from Glasgow. It's a go.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn. Prof. Crofts is in Glasgow? Congrats, though I'm not sure exactly what it is that's a 'go'.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• A Scotsman got news from Glasgow! Must feel nice. ;-)
        Lynn, I'm sure you can do this yourself too, or I could do it, without the Prof's help.
        Anyway, best regards from the Munich airport, where I've just submitted my application for an additional sponsoring of 7000-€ for my conference. I could ask for 9000-€, but didn't want to appear too greedy. :-)
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

• clarification

Hello Tom. No, Prof. Crofts is in New Jersey (I think). Actually, just heard from him and he may be able to send a hand written letter or so.

The Glasgow business is a "go" because they are willing to send photo copies of WHH's letters.

By the way, I seem to recall a story (perhaps on this thread) about WHH being spotted with an unsavoury character. The "spotter" noted he could "settle them both with a single bullet."

Wonder who his dinner companion was?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• money matters

Hello Maria.

"A Scotsman got news from Glasgow! Must feel nice."

Indeed. And, if I send no tip, they'll understand. (heh-heh)

I can hardly wait to see the letters.

Good luck with the funding. You didn't apply to the Greek Government did you? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              By the way, I seem to recall a story (perhaps on this thread) about WHH being spotted with an unsavoury character. The "spotter" noted he could "settle them both with a single bullet." Wonder who his dinner companion was?
              Maybe our unsavoury character had a thing for newspaper men – are we already at number 3 here?

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              "A Scotsman got news from Glasgow! Must feel nice."
              Indeed. And, if I send no tip, they'll understand. (heh-heh)
              The Scotts are the men that won't be payin' for nothing.
              Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Good luck with the funding. You didn't apply to the Greek Government did you? (heh-heh)
              The Greeks are the men that ate up all their money.
              But very atypically for a Greek, I'm VERY good with money. Just arrived at me mum's, by the way, and unpacking some stuff.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• Hi Lynn. When you're accessing papers from Hurlbert, be sure to look for the names Harry Dam and Michael O'Brian, or O'Brien.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• snooping

Hello Maria. It seems an odd remark. I'll have to look about and see what it all means.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• O'Brien

Hello Tom. Will do. That's not Matthew O'Brien, perchance?

By the way, can you email me a list of your lad's aliases? Also, I could do with a list of all pertinent names from his trials.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• I thought it was Michael O'Brien, but could be Matthew. I'm referring to Harry Dam's colleague.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        By the way, can you email me a list of your lad's aliases? Also, I could do with a list of all pertinent names from his trials.
                        I'll email you all of this, Lynn. Plus I have Danish things. But the “George Jackson“ part is really Debs' and Rob's territory. Just give me a few days, as I'm terribly busy right now. And the Jewish stuff (AF related) comes first, plus I'm attempting something with Rob pertaining to the London Westminster Archive.
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria. Don't make me start thinking you're another Karen Trenouth. And please don't speak for Rob, Debs, myself, or any other posters. We were speaking for ourselves long before you showed up, and will no doubt still be doing so after you're gone.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Don't know any Karen Trenouths, and I only speak for myself.
                            Can't help what you're thinking or whom you're wishing gone.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

• blackmailer

Hello Tom. Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking about the blackmailer.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• handwriting

Hello Maria.

"I have Danish things."

Well, don't let Evans, Rumbelow or Marriott know about this. You know how coppers are when there is pastry about. (heh-heh)

Good luck with the archive. And don't forget handwriting for comparison to the "Dear Boss."

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X