No announcement yet.

Dear Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I like to help out Newbies such as yourself and Stewart.

I hope Rob didnt bore the arse off you yesterday. I know what he is like after a few Smirnoffs.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• I Know

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Stewart, Maria,
      I think Tom may be referring to Andrew Cooks revelations which supposedly nail Best as the writer.
      Monty
      I know what he is referring to - but I don't know what he means.
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
        I know what he is referring to - but I don't know what he means.
        He means its a foregone conclusion that Best wrote the Dear Boss letter Stewart.

Monty
        Monty

Comment

• Monty wrote:
          I hope Rob didnt bore the arse off you yesterday. I know what he is like after a few Smirnoffs.

Thank you so very much again for the info on Cook/Best, Monty. Rob Clack showed us the suspected remained wall from the demolished White House (which to me, as a partly USA resident, has completely different connotations) and the exact spot where the Brittania and Mary Kelly's bed used to be. He remained very taciturn, very sober, and very accurate.
          Tomorrow I'm hoping to be able to look for possibly more information about Aléxandre Lacassagne's collection of papers in Lyon (both at the University and at the Institut Médico-Légal) through a very good French research tool. I'll also try for his editor, although I'm pretty sure that research on the latter won't help at all in France, as no materials from publishing houses have ever been able to be located in France – unfortunately. This pertains, of course, to the original pictures of Mary Kelly.
          I just hope that the libraries might reopen tomorrow (with a sceleton crew), after severe problems last week with ongoing construction/water damage from the intense rain/a general strike...
          Later tonight I think I'll look in the different threads (there are at least 3) pertaining to this alleged find by Andrew Cook about Best and the “Dear Boss“ letter. I'm not even clear if Andrew Cook's book is out yet, but I assume not.
          Thanks again, and
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

• He means Best was found out and he got into trouble over it...

Busted...as in caught

Comment

• Nemo,
              I know what “busted“ means, I just didn't know if Wescott meant it literaly (i.e., that Best was found out soon after he did it, IF he allegedly did it,) or metaphorically (i.e., that all Tom has is suspicions by Ripperologists). In another case too, pertaining to Joseph Aarons, I have the feeling that Tom went a bit ahead of himself: I'm totally keen on considering that the Lusk letter might have come from Le Grand (esp. if he changed his handwriting, and I really do hope I'm not sounding like Patricia Cornwell here!), but Wescott's suspicion that Joseph Aarons was involved in Le Grand's alleged “scheme“ of the “Dear Boss“ letter simply because Aarons went out and gave a lot of quotes to the police comes completely unsubstantiated. Wescott's very quick to consider Lusk as the “dupe“ and Aarons as the associate in the “scheme“. Unless there's information on Aarons' character that I'm missing.
              Last edited by mariab; 09-27-2010, 02:23 AM.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• I Know

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                He means Best was found out and he got into trouble over it...
                Busted...as in caught
                I know what 'busted as in caught' means, but I stll do not know how it can be used in relation to 'Best' as in the alleged 'Jack the Ripper' letter writer. I wait to see evidence to warrant this statement, ergo what Tom means.
                SPE

Comment

• Hi Stewart.

Quigley, the handwriting expert (whoever he is) compared the letter with Bests writing and claimed a match.

The author himself released a letter from Tomlinson Brunner to the then editor of Bests paper The Star dated 7th July 1890, stating:

Furthermore, Mr. Best's attempt to mislead Central News during the Whitechapel Murders should have led to an earlier termination of his association with the newspaper

Cook alludes this to either the Dear Boss or one of the letters.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

• I Know

Hi Stewart.
                    Quigley, the handwriting expert (whoever he is) compared the letter with Bests writing and claimed a match.
                    The author himself released a letter from Tomlinson Brunner to the then editor of Bests paper The Star dated 7th July 1890, stating:
                    Furthermore, Mr. Best's attempt to mislead Central News during the Whitechapel Murders should have led to an earlier termination of his association with the newspaper
                    Monty
                    I know all that. I still don't know what Tom means.

By the way 'Quigley' is a she, not a he. Elaine Quigley 'is one of Britain's leading handwriting experts'.
                    SPE

Comment

• Sources

Hi Stewart.
                      Monty
                      For anyone who may be bemused by my query, I suggest that they return to original quotes/sources to get my drift. I have discussed all this in the past. People do your research before jumping in.
                      Last edited by Stewart P Evans; 09-27-2010, 02:33 PM.
                      SPE

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                        I know all that. I still don't know what Tom means.

By the way 'Quigley' is a she, not a he. Elaine Quigley 'is one of Britain's leading handwriting experts'.
                        Yeah thanks Stewart,

Nothing like getting straight to the point.

Monty
                        Monty

Comment

• The Point

Yeah thanks Stewart,
                          Monty
                          I did get straight to the point, waiting for a response from Tom. I can't help it if others chose to respond.
                          SPE

Comment

• I can see why that would be annoying Stewart.

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              I can see why that would be annoying Stewart.
                              Monty
                              But I wasn't annoyed.
                              SPE

Comment

• Although...

Yeah thanks Stewart,
                                Monty
                                Although I have to admit that this one annoyed me a bit.
                                SPE

Comment

Working...
                                X