Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Pierre for the replies

"Because no one has managed to give a plausible explanation."

That is not accurate my friend, there are several plausible ones that have been given, apart from the ones about masons, just not one you find acceptable is that not the truth?

"Serial killer leave messages to taunt the police".

"The GSG was found where this serial killer himself put the piece of apron. He could have taken the apron with him and thereby reduced the risk of the police finding him."

Not All serial killers do this, but yes some do. You seem to suggest it must be from the killer, because such killers leave messages.

This argument that the writing is next to the apron as been used for many years, many like yourself accept it, many like myself do not.

It is a viable theory, like the one I hold to, that is the writing was local graffiti, probably written the day before by a local, and had no bearing on the murders.
    Both theories have merit.we will have to disagree on which, if indeed either is nearer to the truth.
    However thank you for your reply.

"I donīt believe I know anything. But I believe that many people thinking outside of the box could enhance the chance of achieving knew knowledge."

Please my friend, you have been leading this exercise to find another word, yet you have no idea what it is or indeed if it exists!
    Is that what you are say?

If so, then you have nothing to support this line of thinking other than the view that you do not find the current opinions acceptable.

That is fine, but I will opt out of the "experiment" at this point, has it as no aim or defined endpoint and is therefore not a scientific experiment, just a word game, which I have already said I have little interest in.

regards

s

Comment

• Hi Pierre,

Why do you keep asking me questions? I'm only attempting to decipher the writing on the wall. I don't claim to know what it means.

Can you answer a very simple question: Do you think yourself that the word "Juwes" might be "Jutes"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Hi David,

So the "Jutes" would not take the blame for what and should be blamed for what?

Had they done anything specific to deserve or not deserve blame?

Was "being a jute" a matter of honour?

Were the some "jute traditions" in England?

What arguments are there for the "Jutes" being an existing "group" in modernity?

Were they involved in migration?

Were there areas in London where the "jutes" were living and/or working?

Were they important in society?

Were the real "men", or even "the men" that people in London could meet and talk to?

Did the newspapers write about them?

How could a serial killers interest in an historical group of people like "jutes" (from the 5th century?) make him want to communicate that interest with society?

What would the point be?

Regards, Pierre
        Hallo Pierre,

I sense that this thread, like others that you've originated, is starting to take a somewhat surreal direction.
        Last edited by John G; 03-08-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,
          According to the urban dictionary ( what ever that is )
          Jute is 18th century Mandarin slang for prostitute.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
            Your not kidding. There's a lot of problems with that story from a Jewish point of view. Starting with the fact that our language doesn't have a "J" sound.
            You are right. It has a "y" sound (from the Hebrew letter "yud").

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              Thank you Pierre for the replies

"Because no one has managed to give a plausible explanation."

That is not accurate my friend, there are several plausible ones that have been given, apart from the ones about masons, just not one you find acceptable is that not the truth?
              I have never seen a plausible explanation and I guess that must be because I have high demands on an explanation.

"Serial killer leave messages to taunt the police".

"The GSG was found where this serial killer himself put the piece of apron. He could have taken the apron with him and thereby reduced the risk of the police finding him."

Not All serial killers do this, but yes some do. You seem to suggest it must be from the killer, because such killers leave messages.
              Serial killers rather often (how many percent - anyone?) do that.
              This argument that the writing is next to the apron as been used for many years, many like yourself accept it, many like myself do not.
              I know and I agree with it and I hear you donīt.
              It is a viable theory, like the one I hold to, that is the writing was local graffiti, probably written the day before by a local, and had no bearing on the murders.
              I think it was to small for that. Graffiti writers want their texts to be visible from a distance. But a killer couldnīt stand by a wall and write big letters, it would be like shouting "Hey - Iīm over here!"

Both theories have merit.we will have to disagree on which, if indeed either is nearer to the truth.
              However thank you for your reply.

"I donīt believe I know anything. But I believe that many people thinking outside of the box could enhance the chance of achieving knew knowledge."

Please my friend, you have been leading this exercise to find another word, yet you have no idea what it is or indeed if it exists!
              Is that what you are say?
              Letīs say that I believe you will solve it, Steve. Why couldnīt you be the one to find the solution? I think you can.
              If so, then you have nothing to support this line of thinking other than the view that you do not find the current opinions acceptable.
              Looking at the combination of letters in "Juwes" is support enough for a new line of thinking, Steve.

That is fine, but I will opt out of the "experiment" at this point, has it as no aim or defined endpoint and is therefore not a scientific experiment, just a word game, which I have already said I have little interest in.

regards

s
              Sorry to hear that.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                Hallo Pierre,

I sense that this thread, like others that you've originated, is starting to take a somewhat surreal direction.
                Yep more BS from Pierre I try to just ignore him now.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                  Hi Pierre,

Why do you keep asking me questions? I'm only attempting to decipher the writing on the wall. I don't claim to know what it means.

Can you answer a very simple question: Do you think yourself that the word "Juwes" might be "Jutes"?
                  Well, the next step must be interpretation of the result. And your result is "the Jutes".

We often believe we donīt know things. But we use interpretation to find knowledge.

So that is why I am asking some questions. What are your interpretation of the result?

I myself donīt really understand why the "Jutes" would have any relevance. But it is the same as with the "jews". One doesnīt understand it. So I thought my questions could help.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

What are your interpretation of the result?
                    If you really want to know, my interpretation of the result is that it is a lot of nonsense.

Comment

If you really want to know, my interpretation of the result is that it is a lot of nonsense.
                      OK. So what is the next step? Have you any idea of what the word stem might be?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Yep more BS from Pierre I try to just ignore him now.
                        Yes, that's an understandable response. However, I must confess that I do find Pierre's tendency to seek solutions of Byzantine complexity somewhat amusing at times. A guilty pleasure, I suppose!
                        Last edited by John G; 03-08-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Pronuncination, not spelling?

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                          You are right. It has a "y" sound (from the Hebrew letter "yud").
                          Hmmm... if "juwes" is prononuced "yuwes" -- are we instead looking for another word entirely?
                          Perhaps "yous" (plural) or, "youes" (American slang would be "youse", as in "youse dirty rats!", lol)-- what do we think?

OR-- Y= "why"? "Whys"? Who would be the whys? Are men whys? could it refer to a shortened form of a district name or occupation? Hmmm...
                          Last edited by Pcdunn; 03-08-2016, 03:24 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

OK. So what is the next step? Have you any idea of what the word stem might be?

Regards, Pierre
                            I'm reminded of the axiom that "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

Comment

OK. So what is the next step?
                              My suggestion would be to end this thread because, unless you have a better idea to share with us, it is going nowhere.

Comment

My suggestion would be to end this thread because, unless you have a better idea to share with us, it is going nowhere.
                                Well, if you ask me, I would start by analysing the word stem. So what is the authentic word stem?

Since we have forgotten about "j-e-w -s" we could NOT use the "e". And that is confirmed by the writing. The vocal is "u".

So we must accept the combination of "j-u-" and then we have the "w" (v+v) but that letter seems to belong to the word "j-e-w-" so it does not fit the "j-u-".

So I think I would drop the w and keep the rest. Then we have a bit of a word stem (a root) and this is "ju". This is not the authentic stem but must be a part of it.

If I had the time I would now look through my dictionary to find the authentic word for these "men". But I donīt (work to do) so perhaps someone else will do it.

Regards, Pierre
                                Last edited by Pierre; 03-08-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X