The new Wall Writing photo discovery – a joint statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

detail

Hello Jason. Right again. Some have an eye for detail.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

but when that eye is arguing that there is a "clearly evident" image, for example, of well known dutch painters work woven into the heel of the sock, albeit in black, set against the black background of the sock....then it becomes a little tedious and encourages me to watch TV !......anyway, you get my drift ! .....would be interesting if it were an F and M on MJKs wall though ! now that would be every interesting !!....that would set the cat among the pigeons !!

Comment

Can't count the number of times I've worn odd socks. But that's OK as I wear odd feet.

There's no point speculating. We will hear in due course.

Comment

speculation be damned !!

Comment

Speaking of socks, I had an epiphany recently that I think only Robert might understand. It's difficult to find good tube socks in Kazakhstan, I'm talking about plain, white, athletic socks above the calf thingies. When you do find them, they are about 15 dollars a pair. I am going to experiment by wearing them one way and then turning them upside down so the heel is at the top at the instep, and I'm going to see if I can get double use out of them, or if they just stretched all to H$ll and become useless more quickly.

Thanks for listening.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              Speaking of socks, I had an epiphany recently that I think only Robert might understand. It's difficult to find good tube socks in Kazakhstan, I'm talking about plain, white, athletic socks above the calf thingies. When you do find them, they are about 15 dollars a pair. I am going to experiment by wearing them one way and then turning them upside down so the heel is at the top at the instep, and I'm going to see if I can get double use out of them, or if they just stretched all to H$ll and become useless more quickly.

Thanks for listening.

Mike
              made me laugh out loud !!.....have you seen the face of Catherine Eddowes in the heel by chance ?.......i recently found Abberlines face in the crotch of my grundercrackers.....most bizarre !

Comment

clues

Hello Jason. Makes you wish to watch the telly? That must be dire, indeed.

No, I refer to items in the public sector. Paintings of prostitutes don't inspire me, neither does hidden "symbolism." I prefer sharp knives and a record of assaults, thank you.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

The old maths books used to explain probability by saying, "A man has 24 different pairs of socks in a drawer. What are the chances, if he pulls out two socks at random, of his pulling a pair?" A bit hard on female maths students. They should really have had a question, "A woman has 400 different pairs of shoes in a wardrobe..."

Comment

"A Scot has 23 coins in his pocket. What are the chances of his putting his hand in his pocket?"

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Jason. Makes you wish to watch the telly? That must be dire, indeed.

No, I refer to items in the public sector. Paintings of prostitutes don't inspire me, neither does hidden "symbolism." I prefer sharp knives and a record of assaults, thank you.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      spot on ! if there is a bloody knife then let it be a bloody knife....not a bloody knife hidden in a painting that happens to be done by someone who happened to be alive in 1888....hate art and socks me !!

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Lynn,

Reminds me... everything reminds me of something on this gloomiest of days...I digress. I was thinking about the whole Zeichen Theory and some of the literary ideas that Peter Handke used to great effect along the lines of that theory. And then I was wondering about actual universal symbols that all humans would understand, such as perhaps a sun with rays emanating from it and perhaps a stylized cloud... a set of animal prints, also generic and stylized...and then I wondered about looking for a set of universal symbols in the Whitechapel murders. Soon, I became deeply involved and began to see organs and victims' faces in the paintings done by Thai elephants. Suddenly I realized what had happened: A set of universal symbols that only Thai elephants can detect, exist in all the victims' photos! And they aren't telling us! Why must they be so secretive? And then another thing dawned on me: It isn't the ivory everyone's after. That's just a sidetrack. It's their secrets!

Someone either prove me wrong or lock me up.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          Lynn,

Reminds me... everything reminds me of something on this gloomiest of days...I digress. I was thinking about the whole Zeichen Theory and some of the literary ideas that Peter Handke used to great effect along the lines of that theory. And then I was wondering about actual universal symbols that all humans would understand, such as perhaps a sun with rays emanating from it and perhaps a stylized cloud... a set of animal prints, also generic and stylized...and then I wondered about looking for a set of universal symbols in the Whitechapel murders. Soon, I became deeply involved and began to see organs and victims' faces in the paintings done by Thai elephants. Suddenly I realized what had happened: A set of universal symbols that only Thai elephants can detect, exist in all the victims' photos! And they aren't telling us! Why must they be so secretive? And then another thing dawned on me: It isn't the ivory everyone's after. That's just a sidetrack. It's their secrets!

Someone either prove me wrong or lock me up.

Mike
                          lost me straight away !

Comment

options

Hello Michael.

"Someone either prove me wrong or lock me up."

Hmm, any reason one can't do BOTH? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

I'm wondering if this photograph has anything to do with the photo discovered in Dec 2010? (Scene of the first Whitechapel Horror)

It seems improbable, but chalk graffiti is just visible on this one also, though unreadable, it is believed to have been taken in 1892.

Probably way off the mark here but the timing seems to coincide as this was first revealed to a couple of people in Feb 2011.

Anyway I look forward to the release of your book.

Kindest regards.

Edit. Sorry I hadn't read all the thread properly, it clearly isn't. Wow sounds very exiting!
                              Last edited by toynbee; 05-12-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch Orris View Post
                                Apologies to those working on this find for "outing" it. I didn't want the Police sitting on it or worse "losing" it. Had I known of your involvement I would have left it alone.

It could be the most important in 124 years. I look forward to you publishing your research.
                                Hi, Hutch,
                                No reason for you to feel guilty. This gives us all something to look forward to.

It seems your source had simply heard something that applied to a conversation and he mentioned it. Then, you passed it along to other interested people. Neither had been warned it might be confidential.

Life just works like that. Don't beat yourself up. (I think you've done good.)

And to those involved with the discovery and research -- yippee!

I'm so glad there are people with access and the skills to add light on this mystery after all these years.

Best wishes to all involved. Looking forward to the release . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X