The new Wall Writing photo discovery – a joint statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
    Ditto .. great news , does any one have the foggiest regarding a release date ?

moonbegger
    i was afraid to ask that ....thought i might sound too eager and nerdy !

Comment

The doctor asked for patients.

Hello MB, Jason. If you need patience, try dealing with an archive. Last I heard, Methuselah was still waiting on a university archive for copies. (heh-heh)

In ripper studies, something is ready whenever it is ready. And after 124 years . . .

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Apologies to those working on this find for "outing" it. I didn't want the Police sitting on it or worse "losing" it. Had I known of your involvement I would have left it alone.

It could be the most important in 124 years. I look forward to you publishing your research.
        Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch Orris View Post
          Apologies to those working on this find for "outing" it. I didn't want the Police sitting on it or worse "losing" it. Had I known of your involvement I would have left it alone.

It could be the most important in 124 years. I look forward to you publishing your research.
          Hutch,

Please don't beat yourself up over this.

The announcement comes secondary to the content. What is important to Rob and I is that the truth of what happened and why is maintained and not clouded.

Hence our statement.

We would hate to think that you feel you have done some great wrong, you haven't. As stated on another thread its a risk all researchers take.

What is important is that we establish what is known, hence my mail to you.

Finally we appreciate your gesture in not commenting until release, whilst that is your choice we must admit it will help for now.

Thank you

Cheers
          Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Holy crap, Hutch writes only his second post on this site and he's placed under a gag order. I'm tempted to go ahead and post the photo here myself.

And how about some congratulations to John Bennett and Laura Prieto for being the ones who discovered the photo.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

And how about some congratulations to John Bennett and Laura Prieto for being the ones who discovered the photo.
              Well that had all been left somewhat ambiguously until you confirmed it Tom...thanks for the tip off!

Dave

Comment

Thank you Monty. "I know nurrthing".
                Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Holy crap, Hutch writes only his second post on this site and he's placed under a gag order. I'm tempted to go ahead and post the photo here myself.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Tom,

As stated, Hutch is free to talk as he/she wishes.

I'm not going to engage you in exchanges mate too busy, however if I see any further comments of that ilk, untruths in other words, I will take it personally and go running to teacher.

I hope that's understood.

Monty
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Oh, lighten up Monty. You would be an idiot not to hold this stuff back for your book. That's precisely what I would do. If you actually DID post everything on the boards BEFORE publishing your book, you'd be as big of a dumbass as I am for having done that a time or two. I'm just f***king with you because of the whole pompous 'We're issuing a joint statement' nonsense. That Clack fella's a bit shady, but I know YOU'RE on the up and up.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom

Why don't you just shut up for a bit and give us all a break?

Comment

Yes, Sir.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          Yes, Sir.
                          Well thank God for that!

Comment

the distinct lack of speculation as to what the photo is of is most alarming to me .......bet none of you ever hunted presents on xmas eve either !! ......i just hope its something akin to a bicycle instead of a pair of socks !!

Comment

Darn! Socks again.

Hello Jason. True, yet the socks may prove more important.

Extrapolating, some small items in the ripper case may prove of more importance than some large "important" item--like a "confession." I LIKE the minutiae.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

i hate socks Lynn.....though small detail on socks can make them more interesting than say all red/blue/black ones.....just hope we dont end up with someone arguing that there is detail on the sock but everyone else just sees a black sock !

Comment

Working...
                                X