Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoL Police find photo of graffito? - NOT Goulston St!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
    Rob, Monty:

I know you don't want to discuss this, and I know that the importance of the find will boil down to individual intrepretation.

But, I'll ask anyway: in your opinion/s, does this change anything? is the find something that may change hitherto steadfast opinions? is it really going to up discussion, or will the general consensus be that it's importance is diminished because it doesn't seem to add anything nad is a nice novelty but doesn't lead anywhere, e.g. the GSG?
    Fleetwood,

I'm afraid we will not be disclosing until we are permiited by both the CoLP and our research.

As Rob states, we are good to go (barring the odd tweak and so forth). Patience is the key.

If we were to answer you question then it will only confuse at a later stage.

In our opinion it is significant, and we will give our reason as to why when we publish.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
      Hi Rob. You don't need to keep explaining yourself. I have long said that the wisest course of action is to shut up til you can put up, something you and Monty did til you were outed by a third party, entirely not of your doing.

But there is absolutely no need to continue trying to explain things to the likes of Marriott. He is currently sitting on research of his own that he refuses to share, and thinks absolutely nothing of it, and brags about it. It's only when someone has something he can't get his peepers on that he gets all frothy with the outrageousness of it all.
      That's true Ally, unfortunately some people can read more into silences then what is being said. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
        Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Rob
        I've heard that before somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post

In our opinion it is significant, and we will give our reason as to why when we publish.

Monty
          Cheers, Monty.

Knowing that the find can be intrepreted as significant, should whet the collective appetite of those round here.

Comment

Well, I think Monty and Adam are to be congratualated on their find.

I'm looking forward to seeing the piccy and the article.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
              Well, I think Monty and Adam are to be congratualated on their find.

I'm looking forward to seeing the piccy and the article.
              Who's Adam?

Rob

Comment

Who's Adam?

Rob
                Adam from Adam and Eve fame.

Magpie sees divine intervention in every facet of life, so while he feels you and Monty deserve credit: none of this would have happened without Adam picking fruit with snakes and the sort of women with whom you really shouldn't mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  Phil,

I can confirm there is a contigency plan should the museum be disbanded. Its not my place to say what it is but there is a 'plan B' as it were. And that plan, so I was told, still enables material to be viewed.
                  Surely the best contingency plan would be for the police to simply give everything to Stewart. He'd probably do the best job of both taking care of it and making it available. And let's face it, he'll probably end with most of it eventually anyway.....

Comment

Who's Adam?

Rob
                    Well, you did say we didn't know you from Adam, so I figured I'd cover all the bases....
                    Last edited by Magpie; 05-13-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• I
                      Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                      Surely the best contingency plan would be for the police to simply give everything to Stewart. He'd probably do the best job of both taking care of it and making it available. And let's face it, he'll probably end with most of it eventually anyway.....
                      I'm sure Stewart will love you saying that Magpie. To have a steady stream of visitors to his home on a constant basis would be ideal.

Not sure Mrs Evans would appreciate it though.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                        Hi Rob. You don't need to keep explaining yourself. I have long said that the wisest course of action is to shut up til you can put up, something you and Monty did til you were outed by a third party, entirely not of your doing.

But there is absolutely no need to continue trying to explain things to the likes of Marriott. He is currently sitting on research of his own that he refuses to share, and thinks absolutely nothing of it, and brags about it. It's only when someone has something he can't get his peepers on that he gets all frothy with the outrageousness of it all.
                        Well at least i am sitting on something what are you sitting on ?

For you information Miss Goodytwoshoes I was going to publish some of my new material in the June edition of Ripperologist but the magazine content was full so it will now hopefully be pubished in the August edition. Likewise other new stuff wil be disclosed in York. So I am not keeping it back.

I understand you are attending York and I therfore look forward to making your acquaintance. I hope you wont be bringing the broomstick !

Comment

• Yawn. It's a pathetic man who attempts to justify his overbearing hypocrisy. But don't feel bad, I mean it only took you, what ..18 months to share your info?

Totally justifies you browbeating everyone else for theirs.
                          Last edited by Ally; 05-13-2012, 02:52 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• First of all - congratulations on this new find Rob and Monty!

One thing is worrying me though. The way the 'leak' has come about. I'm sure that both Hutch and his 'informer' are genuine, I hasten to add. My worry is that the 'informer' is himself worried that the CoL Police will withdraw their permission to publish and this is his way of alerting Rob and Monty.

Sorry - this is just me being in a 'worry guts' (as my mother used to call me sometimes) frame of mind.

Carol

Comment

• Hi Carol,

Thank you for your congratulations however, at the risk of sounding ungrateful-sorry, the important thing here is the item itself.

I think its a tad unfair to label 'Alf' as an informer. He has obviously been told information and not been told that it was not for release just yet. To suggest he is an informer is not right I feel, certainly Rob and I do not feel that.

Whilst, and yes I'm bored at saying this too, I cannot divulge too much info, I am confident we will see what we all want to see. Please don't hold me to that but I'm optimistic.

Its just a matter of when hopefully.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                                Hi Carol,

Thank you for your congratulations however, at the risk of sounding ungrateful-sorry, the important thing here is the item itself.

I think its a tad unfair to label 'Alf' as an informer. He has obviously been told information and not been told that it was not for release just yet. To suggest he is an informer is not right I feel, certainly Rob and I do not feel that.

Whilst, and yes I'm bored at saying this too, I cannot divulge too much info, I am confident we will see what we all want to see. Please don't hold me to that but I'm optimistic.

Its just a matter of when hopefully.

Monty
                                Hello Monty,

I think I've lived abroad too long (and using a foreign language on a daily basis doesn't help) but I certainly didn't mean to use the word 'informer' in the sense you mention. Just that 'Alf' happened to be the person who 'informed' Hutch (if you're still with me!).

I'm very glad to hear you are optimistic that all will be well - I can stop being a worry-guts now!

Carol
                                Last edited by Carol; 05-13-2012, 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X