JTR and the paranormal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR and the paranormal

Hopefully this is posted in the right section. I have searched the forums and not seen much on the following subject.

I run a small London based paranormal investigation team. For years, almost since childhood, I have been intrigued by the ripper case and all the surrounds it. I have read, listened and watched countless arguments and theories put forward. I have even formulated my own theory (which I wont divulge yet).

Recently I have been looking to incorporate my intrigue in this case into my other love, paranormal investigation! I know its probably ben done before. I know its probably not to everyone’s taste. I know there will be a high proportion of people that scoff at the idea of spooks, spectres and all things paranormal.

But, what if, and I know its a small what if, but what if we were able to make contact with someone connected to the case? What if we were able to uncover another stone thats yet to be turned? Fascinating don't you think?

Well my team, along with the help of another London based team, are about to embark on what will be a very long project to try and do just that.

What are peoples thoughts?

Originally posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Hopefully this is posted in the right section. I have searched the forums and not seen much on the following subject.

I run a small London based paranormal investigation team. For years, almost since childhood, I have been intrigued by the ripper case and all the surrounds it. I have read, listened and watched countless arguments and theories put forward. I have even formulated my own theory (which I wont divulge yet).

Recently I have been looking to incorporate my intrigue in this case into my other love, paranormal investigation! I know its probably ben done before. I know its probably not to everyone’s taste. I know there will be a high proportion of people that scoff at the idea of spooks, spectres and all things paranormal.

But, what if, and I know its a small what if, but what if we were able to make contact with someone connected to the case? What if we were able to uncover another stone thats yet to be turned? Fascinating don't you think?

Well my team, along with the help of another London based team, are about to embark on what will be a very long project to try and do just that.

who are you going to try and make contact with? I have no idea how this works-how do you do it? who do you target and why? and as the ripper is unnamed and unknown-how do you try and "locate" him to contact?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

who are you going to try and make contact with? I have no idea how this works-how do you do it? who do you target and why? and as the ripper is unnamed and unknown-how do you try and "locate" him to contact?
      Not necessarily JTR themselves, although who knows. Anyone linked to the case. I want to start with the police officers involved in the investigation and work on from there.

By visiting sites that are still accessible and locations that are still open to this day (pubs of the day etc). Paranormal investigation uses many methods from the old seance style methods of ouija boards, pendulums and table tipping to more modern methods using spirit box and REM pod type devices.

Comment

This has been tried before. I'd point you to 'Jack the Ripper - a Psychic Investigation' by Pamela Bell. You may have different techniques but worth a look nonrtheless.

Comment

I say go for it. Since, as it has been pointed out, we don't know Jack's identity I would try to contact various suspects. I saw a t.v. show where they attempted to reach Aaron Kosminski with a session in The Ten Bells. For what it is worth, Aaron admitted he was JTR. Might be hard to top that.

c.d.

Comment

I was only absent for a few days and I missed the best.

Are we going to hold a seance? Can we join via video call?

I always wanted to go pubhopping down Dorset. Looks like a cozy , warm, inviting place full of fabulous eclectic people.

Comment

Wouldn't the most sensible thing to do be making contact with the victims to find out who killed them? I say this as someone who is skeptical about this line of investigation.

Comment

Ghosthunter you need to hire Pegasus!
                apparently he has already made contact with the ripper!

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Wouldn't the most sensible thing to do be making contact with the victims to find out who killed them? I say this as someone who is skeptical about this line of investigation.
                  Except that they might not know the name of their killer. I guess they could give a description though. Ditto plus on the skepticism.

c.d.

Comment

Sigourney Weaver

Original GhostBusters Theme Song - YouTube

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      Classic scene - Bill Murray's first visit at Dana's, pumping that.... whatever it was he was pumping. Glancing at the bedroom, Dana clarifying "Oh that's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there" and Bill Murray goes all natural "That's a shame".

"You're sure you know how to use this thing?" -- Bill still pumping staring at her.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Except that they might not know the name of their killer. I guess they could give a description though. Ditto plus on the skepticism.

c.d.
                        But what would be the point in contacting for example the police. As the police had no idea who the Ripper was?

Comment

Recently I have been looking to incorporate my intrigue in this case into my other love, paranormal investigation! I know its probably ben done before. I know its probably not to everyones taste. I know there will be a high proportion of people that scoff at the idea of spooks, spectres and all things paranormal.

It's an interesting concept, but it is likely to be open to scorn. I know of one instance related to the television program "Most Haunted" in which the starring psychic supposedly contacted a Ripper victim. He made the mistake of saying she had died "on this very spot" when that wasn't possible to know (I think it was at an exhibit, not on a tour.)

I'd recommend using technical devices rather that psychics.

Can you offer more information on what you intend to do?
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

Working...
                          X