"Jack the Ripper" Makes Appearance In Final Series of Supernatural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jack the Ripper" Makes Appearance In Final Series of Supernatural

The last series of Supernatural (the longest running sci-fi/fantasy series in American TV history, I believe) has just started.

In episode 2, none other than Francis Tumbelty has just popped up. In a plot line that could only happen on dear old Supernatural, he's the leader of a group of ghosts/souls released from hell who are plotting against the Winchester Brothers. And their best friend, who is an angel, and their adopted "son" who is actually a Nephilim/son of Lucifer, except he's sort of dead but his body is being possessed by a demon. All clear?

Anyway, just a little JtR in pop culture moment. Whatever the SPN writers are drinking, I'd like a pint of.

I've been trying to get caught up on "Supernatural" episodes, but it's difficult to do. Their writers were nothing if not imaginative.

I suppose Tumblety was chosen as being the most flamboyant of the Ripper suspects, and wirh the best mustache this side of H.H. Holmes.

You may be interested to know the new series "Winchesters" is a prequel dealing with Sam and Dean's parents and their Hunter acquaintances. Trust American television to be reluctant to give up on a long-term cash cow.
    Last edited by Pcdunn; 08-06-2022, 08:53 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      I've been trying to get caught up on "Supernatural" episodes, but it's difficult to do. Their writers were nothing if not imaginative.

I suppose Tumblety was chosen as being the most flamboyant of the Ripper suspects, and wirh the best mustache this side of H.H. Holmes.

You may be interested to know the new series "Winchesters" is a prequel dealing with Sam and Dean's parents and their Hunter acquaintances. Trust American television to be reluctant to give up on a long-term cash cow.
      I watched that show long after it jumped the Megalodon, mostly because one of the brothers was a snack cake, but I think I stopped watching over a decade ago. I was getting annoyed with the shows disregard of ... internal logic.

I wonder if enough time has passed to try it again....

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

I watched that show long after it jumped the Megalodon, mostly because one of the brothers was a snack cake, but I think I stopped watching over a decade ago. I was getting annoyed with the shows disregard of ... internal logic.

I wonder if enough time has passed to try it again....
        There's actually an episode of Supernatural called "Jump the Shark", but you probably already know that.

If you don't take it seriously, it's a fun watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post

If you don't take it seriously, it's a fun watch.
          Yeah, this is the kind of tv show I like to have on while I am washing the dishes and sweeping floors, nothing that requires me to actually pay attention, because anything they establish in season 4 will be totally disregarded and ignored 3 seasons later, and that stuff usually annoys the piss out of me. But still, the beef is prime.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
          X