Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Just in case my post about the schedule change was confusing, Andrew Firth kindly provided us with an updated graphic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBC2022.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	796585

JM
    hi
    just wondered if this has been posted on the JTRforums for a wider audience participation.
    yours truly.

Comment

No it hasn’t been shared on JtRForums.

JM

Comment

One week from today. Free & Streaming on Facebook and Zoom with questions from the live audience following each presentation (when possible).

Zoom link will be posted here in a few days.

JM

Comment

One week from today. Free & Streaming on Facebook and Zoom with questions from the live audience following each presentation (when possible).

Zoom link will be posted here in a few days.

JM
          thx for update.
          will these be available to watch on casebooks files at some date also.

Comment

Yes at some point after the conference each presentation will be released as podcasts via Rippercast.

JM

Comment

The Zoom link to attend this weekends conference will be posted here tomorrow.

If you’re on Facebook the conference will also be streaming live on the page entitled:
              Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference 2022.

JM

Comment

Conference Zoom Links:
                Zoom link for Saturday:
                Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

Zoom link for Sunday:
                Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

Also Streaming Live on Facebook

JM

Comment

Conference Zoom Links:
                  Zoom link for Saturday:

Zoom link for Sunday:

Also Streaming Live on Facebook

JM
                  Great!

Many thanks for posting, Jon!

So I just click on the Saturday link at 2pm (ie BST +1) and watch the magic happen, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Great!

Many thanks for posting, Jon!

So I just click on the Saturday link at 2pm (ie BST +1) and watch the magic happen, yeah?
                    Yes, if you already have Zoom. If not you'll be prompted to download it and sign up. It's free.
                    There will be a live chat room and we'll have people monitoring it for any questions.

JM

Comment

Yes, if you already have Zoom. If not you'll be prompted to download it and sign up. It's free.
                      There will be a live chat room and we'll have people monitoring it for any questions.

JM
                      Fab!

Many thanks!

Comment

The CONFERENCE starts at 7am CST in the USA, which is 1PM in the UK!!!
                        The promo poster is incorrect due to the utter silliness of the UK even having a BST.

JM

Comment

The CONFERENCE starts at 7am CST in the USA, which is 1PM in the UK!!!
                          The promo poster is incorrect due to the utter silliness of the UK even having a BST.

JM
                          Right!

Got it!

Log on at 1pm. Not 2!

Comment

A big thank you to everyone involved with the conference. It really was brilliant. I enjoyed every bit. Loved having it over the two days. Amazing talks, fab presenters and some great questions asked.
                            Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                              A big thank you to everyone involved with the conference. It really was brilliant. I enjoyed every bit. Loved having it over the two days. Amazing talks, fab presenters and some great questions asked.
                              Agreed, Los!

I second that.

It was the first one which I had attended, and I'm really glad that I did.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the talks and it was an eclectic mix, which kept things interesting.

It does of course mean that I have a load of new books to buy and old films to watch (Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde being just one of them!).

I'd really recommend listening when the presentations are posted.

Jurriaans MJK Kelly research will be of interest to many, and I think Madeleine Kein's presentation (which knocks lumps out of Haillie Rubenholds book) will spark interesting debate.

A great way to spend a dreich, rainy Glasgow weekend.

Big thanks to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Agreed, Los!

I second that.

It was the first one which I had attended, and I'm really glad that I did.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the talks and it was an eclectic mix, which kept things interesting.

It does of course mean that I have a load of new books to buy and old films to watch (Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde being just one of them!).

I'd really recommend listening when the presentations are posted.

Jurriaans MJK Kelly research will be of interest to many, and I think Madeleine Kein's presentation (which knocks lumps out of Haillie Rubenholds book) will spark interesting debate.

A great way to spend a dreich, rainy Glasgow weekend.

Big thanks to all involved.
                                You liked my presentation? Thank you!!

You might also like Kerrigan Byrne’s Fiona Mahoney series, about a friend of MJK’s who’s a crime scene cleaner in London in the year after the Ripper murders. There’s 2 books out so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X