No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper Conference 2012 in York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough - sadly I will be unable to attend....

Dave

Comment

that's a shame Dave

I am really hoping to get there myself. It promises to be a wonderful conference.

take care

Jen x
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

York is MY town!! So excited you will all be coming here to see the delights!

The talks all sound amazing and I can assure anyone who hasn't been here before that the town will not dissappoint!!
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Can't wait.........

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Conf Ad 2 forums.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	663559

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

Looks good to me Andrew...I'm sad I won't be able to attend, but I'm sure we will all be fascinated by the outcome

Every good wish

Dave

Comment

Hold on..what's that you say? The Queen of Mean might well be attending the York conference? Crap! Abort! Abort! Abandon ship....

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

There will be a new book of Jack the Ripper poems by Jenny Wilson and accompanying photography by myself, which will be available at the 2012 Conference. The project is in its early stages at the moment, but details can be found here:

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

well that was really only be expected.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                      well that was really only be expected.

Best wishes.
                      We're sorry you find our project so predictable! Jenny and I believe that the best results in Ripperology and in life in general, come from doing things together rather than by one's self. Our collaboration will feature some absolutely beautiful poetry on all aspects of the case from Jen, illustrated with photography and graphics by me directly inspired by those poems.

As mentioned on the other thread, Jen and I will be selling copies at the 2012 Conference in York and will be happy to sign them on request too.

All the best
                      Andrew

Comment

Well, I wish you both well with it.

And of course I will buy a copy.

Best wishes.

Comment

proud

I am immensely proud to be working with someone of Andrew's professional calibre and creativity, in fact I look at my own meagre contribution to the project and feel it is nowhere near of the same quality as Andrew's.

But Andrew seems to think it is, and the few close friends who have seen some of my poetry also seem to think it is worth reading, so I am enjoying working on this very much.

I have to say I have an enormous amount of admiration for Andrew as a Ripperologist, an historian, and a photographer, and as enormous an amount of love for him as a friend. It is a pleasure to collaborate on this project with him.

I hope our readers get as much pleasure from the book as we are getting from creating it.

Jen x
                          babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Thanks Jen!

Thank you for those kind words Jen.

I could never dream of writing poetry of the standard you achieve. So I stick to what I know, which is the visual presentation side.

I'm looking forward to taking inspiration from your writing in order to illustrate this book that we are creating together.

This book will be fantastic! :-)

Andrew x

Comment

Would there be a 'market' for a collection of my Rippix here ?? If so will look into getting them printed off etc
                              Suz x
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I booked a B&B down the road from the venue for three nights. I'll hopefully be able to see some of the sights before going home Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X