Less official gathering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less official gathering....

Okay, this is going to be a little odd, but I'm going to toss it out there anyway, especially since it's the primary reason that I joined the forums!

I'm involved with a steampunk convention called Teslacon (in case anybody's curious - here's the site for last year) that takes place in November up in Wisconsin. The convention itself is part steampunk con, part murder mystery party, taking place in the 1880's with a rather tongue-in-cheek approach to things. However, the panels that are hosted range from the usual steampunk content (a lot of costuming with a bit of Victoriana), to anything and everything related to the Victorian age. Given the focus of the convention on the murder mystery plots, I'm hoping to talk the con head into letting me run a panel that's, basically, Ripperology 101.

The question is this - what do folks think would be good topics to bring up in such a panel? I'm assuming that everybody involved will have a basic layman's interest in the subject, and am particularly interested in myths to debunk, pieces of "basic groundwork" to lay for those who might want to get more involved in the subject matter, any particular books/documentaries that I could recommend, and other general pieces like that to bring to mind. Bear in mind it'll probably be about an hour-long slot, though if it's popular enough I may get permission to expand it into multiple panels in the future.

Does anybody think there might be interest in such a panel?

I love the steampunk (and dieselpunk) aesthetic.

“Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
    X